Vincent Aboubakar

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Isn’t he the guy that once said, Salah not that good and he can match his numbers if given the opportunity at a top club :lol:

croadyman

Apparently has beef with Mo Salah too

Yeah that would be a tasty confrontation if he came off the bench at Anfield,was this the guy who scored winner against Brazil then got sent off for second booking.

croadyman

Another bum in the mold of Ighalo and Cavani. Just get Felix and be done with it ffs.
Get both then we have fluid front three but can also change style if it's required as well

Oranges038

A player where being 30 is closer to being 40 on here that might actually be accurate.

Messier1994

The Swedish Rumble
Why wouldn't you just get Thuram instead?
Thuram’s next contract will be his big pay day. He will be out of contract this summer, he is coming off the best season of his career. He will get it for sure. 10m sign-on fee and 100-150k a week for 5 years? He will of course not take less in January when he is this close to getting to sign with anyone in the summer. BMGB is competing for a CL spot this year. Unless I am mistaken, they are having one of their better seasons the last while. Thuram is their top scorer. They will of course not give him away. Would it take 10-15m?

So overall you make a commitment to pay Thuram for 5 years and it would cost us something like 25-30m in transfer, sign-on and agent fees.

For that we make a 5 year commitment to keep Thuram and pay him a very high yearly wage, unless we can sell him. That means that Martial and Thuram are our 1/2 strikers for a foreseeable future. Are content with that? And he is only an option if we could cough up 25-30m (or 15-20m if you want an optimistic guess). Indications are that ETH has not been given that money.

Aboubakar would be a loan. He is surely paid a ton by the Saudi’s, but they won’t want him on the bench watching Ronaldo play at a really low level. They will take the highest bid for Aboubakar, the team willing to take on the biggest part of Aboubakar’s wages. How much will that be? 100k a month? 150k a month? It’s still a number in the 600-900k range. I don’t know, maybe it’s 1.5m, just guessing.

In short, (a) you keep flexibility to add top flight striker in the summer with Aboubakar vs Thuram, and (b) and financially Abou is of course — a lot — cheaper.

Get both then we have fluid front three but can also change style if it's required as well
Aboubakar shouldn’t really impact our ability to get Felix, he is so cheap.

wolvored

This is so disappointing if true. I would sooner they promoted or bought a young talent in.

RedDevilRoshi

The new Ighalo

Absolute legend the way he left the world Cup too
If he makes a similar sort of short term impact as Ighalo made, then that’s fine with me.

Getting him & Felix on loans till the end of the season would be a good January transfer window.

Rake

He is a striker who can finish and provide a physical presence off the bench,better than having Elanga to come on for me
Is he? Really asking , not taking the piss. In the last 5-6 years he has 40ish goals in 100ish games and that is playing in shite leagues.

Elcabron

absolutely.
Thirded.

I've no doubt he is better than Elanga despite the fact I've never seen him play apart from scoring that header v Brazil. If he is big, strong, quick and reasonable technique then I'll take him.

croadyman

Is he? Really asking , not taking the piss. In the last 5-6 years he has 40ish goals in 100ish games and that is playing in shite leagues.
He is a completely different option and sometimes that can give you something

Judas

Open to offers
If you can even pretend to find this exciting you are a bigger muppet than I could ever claim to be. I just unloaded the dishwasher and had more excitement.

croadyman

If you can even pretend to find this exciting you are a bigger muppet than I could ever claim to be. I just unloaded the dishwasher and had more excitement.
I will literally take any CF right now apart from Aubameyang after seeing him last night

IRN-BRUno

Not involved for Al Nassr in their game today so looks like he is close to leaving, I guess we'll find out fairly soon if he's coming here.

croadyman

Not involved for Al Nassr in their game today so looks like he is close to leaving, I guess we'll find out fairly soon if he's coming here.
His Salah dislike won me over instantly whatever his footballing abilities,does make you wonder if he would come on the pitch at Anfield too fired up

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
If he makes a similar sort of short term impact as Ighalo made, then that’s fine with me.

Getting him & Felix on loans till the end of the season would be a good January transfer window.
Genuine question- what impact did Ighalo make here ? Great attitude for sure but he was levels below of what's required here.

croadyman

Genuine question- what impact did Ighalo make here ? Great attitude for sure but he was levels below of what's required here.
You make a valid point but that was under Ole whereas Erik is a very different manager

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
This is a fantastic loan signing if true……said no one ever.

croadyman

Hmmm

Thinking about it he’ll probably work hard, bang a few goals and give our other forwards a rest.

Very uninspiring signing though.
Not looking for inspiring just a different dimension

SparkedIntoLife

Once decent-ish. Now not great. If we’re looking at lower cost options, I’d rather Moussa Dembele at Lyon. Considered home grown too from his time at Fulham. Free in the Summer. Will likely be cheaper in terms of wages than Thuram. Maybe a little bit below him in quality but a more sensible economic decision. No striker available right now is the absolute long term United quality striker. So if we get a stop gap, we need better than Aboubakar but cheaper than Thuram in wages for resale value. Dembele might be the one.

bringbackbebe

I give you a drama queen, you loan me a past-his prime but never had a prime footballer

Frankly, if ETH wants him, I'm in.

Superden

was my favourite player in PES19 and I did lots of great things with him. so lets GO!

croadyman

Once decent-ish. Now not great. If we’re looking at lower cost options, I’d rather Moussa Dembele at Lyon. Considered home grown too from his time at Fulham. Free in the Summer. Will likely be cheaper in terms of wages than Thuram. Maybe a little bit below him in quality but a more sensible economic decision. No striker available right now is the absolute long term United quality striker. So if we get a stop gap, we need better than Aboubakar but cheaper than Thuram in wages for resale value. Dembele might be the one.
Dembele will be another Thuram where Utd aren't looking to pay a transfer fee,certain we are purely looking at loans this window

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Scored against Brazil, took his shirt off, got sent off.

But....gotta trust the manager.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He's actually a good player. His problem at Porto was he spent more time on the physio than playing football. But he was actually a skilled player.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
I haven't watched football for the past 6 years (other than a couple of World Cup games). Why is Aboubakar being discussed here? How much has the world changed in my absence?

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I haven't watched football for the past 6 years (other than a couple of World Cup games). Why is Aboubakar being discussed here? How much has the world changed in my absence?
It's a stop-gap half-season hiring to bring more rotation options to the squad. He'll be gone in the end of the season. Don't worry, you haven't been in a coma for the last 6 years.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
our stop gap strikers vs our second and third choice goalkeepers

who wins a 5 a side @horsechoker

RedDevilRoshi

We were able to go deep in both the FA Cup & Europa League and able to rest players for our (successful) top 4 push which we were miles away from before he arrived - Leicester & Chelsea were coasting away in 3rd & 4th place at that time.

5 goals in 12 games isn’t too shabby for a short term backup player which is what he was brought in for and was only going to be utilised as.

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
This is smart. His initial is VA. He’s related to every VAR in the world.