Vincent Kompany | Bayern Munich Manager (Sack watch)

Ace of Spades

Should have declined the offer and went to some midtable club for 'experience' first.

In any case, he might do well. He got Burnley playing some great football in the championship. Could have done a bit better in the PL, but that was always a big challenge.

Bluelion7

Supports
Chelsea
Kompany always seemed like a very strong guy, he’s a charismatic leader, he will command the respect of players by virtue of having been better than most then when healthy….

I will be very interested to see what he can do with a squad with the talent Bayern has.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Alonso, Kompany, Hoeneß, Terzic, Toppmöller (if he stays) - five of the top six clubs will be managed by young managers (young as "below 45"). Really a new generation at the top of the Bundesliga. Will be interesting how this changes the league. I think after last season it's already safe to say that there is a new emphasis on possession play, much more than in previous years.

Infestissumam

I actually think he might be a decent fit. If anything, his brand of football will suit Bayern much better than Burnley.

Ole'sgunnarwin

Should have declined the offer and went to some midtable club for 'experience' first.

In any case, he might do well. He got Burnley playing some great football in the championship. Could have done a bit better in the PL, but that was always a big challenge.
Hahah he's just got relegated and he has one of the biggest clubs in the world come in for him. He'll never get an opportunity like this again, has to take it

padr81

Supports
Man City
He'll do well at Bayern in the league but what I'd worry about is in the CL against teams who are as good as his. I'd be very surprised if he doesn't win the BL.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Pretty decent chance he's sacked by Christmas. On the other hand it could work out.

Seems massively risky though given he's never managed in Germany, or a top club of any kind with the pressure it brings.

tomaldinho1

What are the expectations with him? Win the league and go far in Europe, seems such a strange move.

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.
Will Kompany cope with being at an actual big club?

It's no problem doing it in front of 5 or 6 fans but can he do it in front of 60,000?

trailertrash

Supports
Bayern Munich
So we finished 3rd in Bundesliga this season and this appointment indicates that we are fine staying there? Absolute shambles. FML.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I have a good feeling about this. Been wrong before, but who cares? I like a lot about this signing.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
i bet he’s been wanking in the shower ever since munich approached him.

Fooza

Thomas Frank proved more in the PL than him, what's going on? Is it possibly the case that anyone who plays under pep, worked under pep, touches pep are getting top jobs thinking they can be him?

jadajos

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
Supports
Football
Thomas Frank proved more in the PL than him, what's going on? Is it possibly the case that anyone who plays under pep, worked under pep, touches pep are getting top jobs thinking they can be him?
Basically, yes.

InfiniteBoredom

Somebody jog my memory, does he have any link whatsoever with them before this? On merits this seems like an extremely, unreasonably so, gambit.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Somebody jog my memory, does he have any link whatsoever with them before this? On merits this seems like an extremely, unreasonably so, gambit.
No link at all. Eberl and Freund seem to like him a lot and basically boxed him through despite skepticism from Hoeneß and Rummenigge. And I quite trust them. After all, Eberl once wanted to get Alonso to join Gladbach.

redshaw

He does look the part, suit and baseball cap

Good to see what he can do with a group of talented players, must've been a good student of Pep coming recommended.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
This is how we ended up with Moyes. If enough people say no…