Vinicius Junior

AlPistacho

No your just making this up it not weird. The first reaction by everyone is being disgusted , Second reaction is why should he be constantly abused and give the lad an out to somewhere where he isn't going to get it. Third reaction is that its not a Man Utd fans problem to sort it, as it would not be a Real Madrid fans issue if it was happening here. Finally "in the midst of chaos, there is also opportunity"
Seems a bit predatory/opportunistic and makes the condemnation/support seem fake.

Not referring to the point that he might have enough and one day decide to leave. But about “Club x is waiting you” type tweets. Ideally he’ll stay in La Liga and the authorities will clamp down. Only way I’d love him to leave is for a new challenge. Would feel sad if a player came, even to United, because he felt forced out.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Get agent Casemiro on the case, would love him to feck off La Liga and Tebas

AlPistacho

He can go anywhere but not to United please.

and he Will have similar polemics in the UK, give it time. He has a provocative style, but instead Of showing himself on the pitch, he tends to victimize himself.
Its not a coincidence that it always happens to Vinicius.
Can you give examples? Or is it just a case of victim blaming the victim that speaks out?

NYAS

and he Will have similar polemics in the UK, give it time. He has a provocative style, but instead Of showing himself on the pitch, he tends to victimize himself.
This Argentina v Brazil shit is so boring, don’t bring it to this discussion.

23 goals, 21 assists…”instead of showing himself on the pitch”.

You cannot be taken seriously regarding anything Brazilian.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

:lol:

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.

Honestly, this is pathetic, moreso from a supposed fecking United fan.

Vini would be loved at United, football and corporate. The guy has Brazilian Rashford energy on the PR and can actually dribble.

Nori-

The only way to really attempt getting rid is by changing supporter culture at its core to have zero tolerance for any form of abuse.
I completely agree about it being a cultural thing. For example in the UK, in 99% of cases if someone was making monkey chants - the other fans would drag that person out of the stands or make sure the security take them away.

The problem for La Liga is the longer you let it continue, the more you are saying, this is not a big deal, shut up and do your job. Which encourages it to happen again and again.

The only way it will stop is if profits start getting hit - when big sponsors finally say, "Enough, this doesn't look good for our brand, we want out". Thats when La Liga will start reacting.

IFC 1905

Can you give examples? Or is it just a case of victim blaming the victim that speaks out?
Vinicius has many stories with almost every team in spain provoking them, I won't look for the examples. He loves provocation, and there are stupids everywhere, so it's always going to happen. I'd like him to come to England, you will see soon that he will have similar problems, maybe not with racial issues, but he will be involved in polemics. I don't want that kind of personality at United. As I said before, nothing justifies racism anyways.

This Argentina v Brazil shit is so boring, don’t bring it to this discussion.

23 goals, 21 assists…”instead of showing himself on the pitch”.

You cannot be taken seriously regarding anything Brazilian.
It's you the one that think we argentinians hate brazilians or something. That's pretty stupid. I don't like Vinicius, that's pretty much it. You can't put yourself as the victim all the time but at the same time do gestures towards the away fans, that just feeds violence.

AlPistacho

And still La Liga is the dream of many Brazilians. Hmmm...
Think it’s changing tbh. Cafu recently had a rant about Brazilians choosing to play in the prem and blamed that for brazil doing crap at recent world cups.

AlPistacho

Vinicius has many stories with almost every team in spain provoking them, I won't look for the examples. He loves provocation, and there are stupids everywhere, so it's always going to happen. I'd like him to come to England, you will see soon that he will have similar problems, maybe not with racial issues, but he will be involved in polemics. I don't want that kind of personality at United. As I said before, nothing justifies racism anyways.

It's you the one that think we argentinians hate brazilians or something. That's pretty stupid. I don't like Vinicius, that's pretty much it. You can't put yourself as the victim all the time but at the same time do gestures towards the away fans, that just feeds violence.
I don’t know his history or behaviour. You don’t think that your timing comes across like the reporter saying to Ancelotti “but what about Vinicius reaction?”

Also.. how does the guy who gets put in a headlock get sent off?

IFC 1905

I don’t know his history or behaviour. You don’t think that your timing comes across like the reporter saying to Ancelotti “but what about Vinicius reaction?”

Also.. how does the guy who gets put in a headlock get sent off?

Maybe because of this

after he gets sent off, he does a gesture to the whole stadium saying they're getting relegated to the second division, insulting, and touching his parts.

three things are certain: spanish fans are racist, Vinicius is a cnut, and no other player (camavinga, tchouameni, rudiger) get this kind of treatment constantly.

wangyu

As if there is no racism in the UK or anywhere else. Brazil had a racist president not so long ago. That said he is more than welcome, one of finest players of recent times.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
I completely agree about it being a cultural thing. For example in the UK, in 99% of if someone was making monkey chants - the other fans would drag that person out of the stands or make sure the security take them away.

The problem for La Liga is the longer you let it continue, the more you are saying, this is not a big deal, shut up and do your job. Which encourages it to happen again and again.

The only way it will stop is if profits start getting hit - when big sponsors finally say, "Enough, this doesn't look good for our brand, we want out". Thats when La Liga will start reacting.
That's absolutely bollocks.

AlPistacho

Maybe because of this

after he gets sent off, he does a gesture to the whole stadium saying they're getting relegated to the second division, insulting, and touching his parts.

three things are certain: spanish fans are racist, Vinicius is a cnut, and no other player (camavinga, tchouameni, rudiger) get this kind of treatment constantly.
You’re showing screen shots from the Valencia match.

The push was after he got chockhold..

The gesturing to fans was in response to racist abuse.

frostbite

Perhaps I’m the odd one here but it feels so weird that some people’s first reaction to a player getting racially abused is ”Surely he wants to leave Spain! Sign him!”.
Why is it strange? He said that he was repeatedly racially abused in Spain. We cannot do anything to change Spain. But we can use this to sign him. And this is nothing new, teams do anything they can do to get players to become unsettled and make it easier to sign them. If he is really unsettled at Real, if it is not us it will be someone else who signs him.

Real stole Ronaldo from us. Vinicius is one of the top talents today, we should do everything we can to get players like this. And there are not many of them available (see De Jong case last summer).

Pintu

It didn’t start with Vinicius… Black players have always been racially abused by this kind of “fans”.

Roberto Carlos tried to adress this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The way Vinicius "attitude" often is blamed for the racist reaction of some spanish crowds is depressing. I believe if he was a "simpler" player he'd still get racially abused. Once it's engrained in you, you don't need an excuse to abuse someone

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Why is it strange? He said that he was repeatedly racially abused in Spain. We cannot do anything to change Spain. But we can use this to sign him. And this is nothing new, teams do anything they can do to get players to become unsettled and make it easier to sign them. If he is really unsettled at Real, if it is not us it will be someone else who signs him.

Real stole Ronaldo from us. Vinicius is one of the top talents today, we should do everything we can to get players like this. And there are not many of them available (see De Jong case last summer).
Because a human being is being abused based on how he looks and you only care if it means united can sign him because of it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

He could be as provocative as he would want, the crowd can boo him, they can whistle but all that other extra shit is uncalled for. Vinicius, just like Neymar is a flashy player but why should that matter ??
The state of your post, what a fecking joke.

Last edited:

Nori-

That's absolutely bollocks.
Not bollocks at all, I've seen it first hand about 15 years ago. At a Villa game, John Carew was getting some nasty stick from a fan that got racist, police were called over and the guy was taken away.

How often do you hear racism at British football matches? Hardly ever, not because there are no racists, because they know in the UK its not as accepted as places like Spain and if the person was to act up on those thoughts, there would be consequences. 99% of the time.

Last edited:

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Just saw Tebas tweet, wow. This guy didn't utter a single word to criticize the racist fans and went two footed on Vinicius.

I hope players goes against Tebas, also the Pep video @Pintu posted, what a racist cnut he is. Why shouldn't Carlos speak about the racism.

frostbite

Because a human being is being abused based on how he looks and you only care if it means united can sign him because of it.
Why do you think I ONLY care for this? I care for his well-being first and foremost. And I hope he will move to United because it will be better for him.

Ted Lasso

Awful stuff.

MLS might be the least racist league in the world. Perhaps that's how we attract the top players earlier than their retirement and supercharge the league here.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Awful stuff.

MLS might be the least racist league in the world. Perhaps that's how we attract the top players earlier than their retirement and supercharge the league here.
Seems unlikely.

Wasn't there a very high profile racist incident like a month ago?

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Think it’s changing tbh. Cafu recently had a rant about Brazilians choosing to play in the prem and blamed that for brazil doing crap at recent world cups.
Yeah, probably. The money involved in PL is just insane.

mav_9me

As if there is no racism in the UK or anywhere else. Brazil had a racist president not so long ago. That said he is more than welcome, one of finest players of recent times.
What do you mean? Are you suggesting the Spanish fans/ Tebas shouldn't be criticized because there's racists everywhere?

Ted Lasso

Seems unlikely.

Wasn't there a very high profile racist incident like a month ago?
Can't recall any such fan related incidents in any recent years.

Last month a Belgian player used a racial slur but he was pretty immediately reckoned with, public apology and the lot. Not a good look for Europe.

It's strange because I always thought (naively) this was less of a problem across the pond. But seems better here.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots

Maybe because of this

how are apologists for racism allowed to openly post in this forum?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
Can't recall any such fan related incidents in any recent years.

Last month a Belgian player used a racial slur but he was pretty immediately reckoned with, public apology and the lot. Not a good look for Europe.

It's strange because I always thought (naively) this was less of a problem across the pond. But seems better here.
You do sound somewhat like you are wumming here, on a topic you would be ill-advised to.

sirAlexsglasses

He’s not wrong there are deep rooted far right elements in Spain just as there is in my home country Italy, these elements have always been there and are absolutely there in ”ultra” sections in Italy As sadly I have seen this on many occasions.

pascell

Maybe because of this

And why did he make those gestures? Because he was being racially abused. It is not hard to comprehend, racism should not be tolerated or happening in football grounds under any circumstances.

Yet here we are and you're defending it by blaming the player.

ColvaleGoa

Pep's view would be interesting.

Considering people remember what he said on Roberto Carlos getting racially abused .

STYLOISRED

Tebas is that you?

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Maybe because of this

Some Valencia player choked Vinicius from behind for at least 10 seconds and you are using this pic to confirm Vinicius was the aggressor?

Threesus

Can’t remember a player being a target of racial abuse this much in recent memory.

Surprised Florentino hasn’t pulled tebas to the side and told him to shut the f**k up and do something about this.

Mainoldo

Maybe because of this

Deary me… are those your actual word in the spoiler or taken from someone else?