Vinicius Junior

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
All I am saying is that those that think he’d be better of playing in England should think twice.
What on earth are you on about?

There is racism in every country for sure but we don't have a whole crowd of fans making racist noises and gestures to opposing players. You might get the odd idiot every now and then but by and large we don't have a huge racism issue in our stadiums.

Spain and Italy have a much worse issue with racism. Eastern Europe it's even worse than that.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
If someone was racially abusing me I wouldn't react because by getting angry you prove the racists to be correct.

You cannot change society by protesting but by being respectful and staying quiet that way the racists will have no choice but to give you respect.

Pronewbie

Peep
All I am saying is that those that think he’d be better of playing in England should think twice.
I've experienced subtle racism in England but the difference in Spain, where it is fine to be overtly so, is huge. As a recognisable, multi-millionaire footballer though, Vini will be more than fine in England.

NoLogo

If someone was racially abusing me I wouldn't react because by getting angry you prove the racists to be correct.

You cannot change society by protesting but by being respectful and staying quiet that way the racists will have no choice but to give you respect.
Exactly, they will just make some milk with honey and start chilling, never doing anything racist again. Check mate.

wangyu

What on earth are you on about?

There is racism in every country for sure but we don't have a whole crowd of fans making racist noises and gestures to opposing players. You might get the odd idiot every now and then but by and large we don't have a huge racism issue in our stadiums.

Spain and Italy have a much worse issue with racism. Eastern Europe it's even worse than that.
I forgot to quote the people suggesting I support Tebas after my former post. I can’t be arsed to look for it again, I’m not scrolling up or down all the posts made.

I live in a racist country, the biggest party is far right but they get denied by some sort of mechanism not allowing them to govern so they are basically permanently in opposition. But that is also completely off topic!

RoyH1

They finally woke up it seems.

Still going the legal way is going nowhere. It'll take years to get anything settled. They need to start walking out of games at the first shout of monkey, banana etc. Just one person doing it is too much

Cloud7

Facts. You have to be meek/humble and/or be perceived like say - Kante is, to not be racially abused. If not, the abuse is justified. Unbelievable stuff, really.
While not related to Vinicius but somewhat on the topic, I have always found that the narratives around Kante, where it’s gone out of their way to have him perceived as this perfectly normal, humble, quiet guy who is no different to the guy living down the road, to be really weird. I’ve never been able to put my finger on why but it’s always seemed weird, and he’s the only player I can remember it really being emphasized this much.

Doracle

I know social media is different but the abuse that Saka etc got from fans after missing a penalty in the World Cup was shocking. Because people are getting away with it online it’s now got worse in ‘real’ life too. There is no comeback or consequences seen so the racist and trolls are coming out front under their rocks. This is a society issue not just confined to football and I believe it’s got worse since post-covid. Many people dont give a bollocks anymore and I hate the way society is trending
I don’t think that’s accurate. People know that they can’t get away with it at football grounds in England, hence why we only see isolated incidents at games. It’s more prevalent online (and, of course, that’s not limited to people who are based in the UK/Ireland) but will be less so as more and more people are prosecuted.

In Spain, it seems to be that the clubs and league barely do anything about it and the comments both from the Valencia director and the president of the league yesterday were both shocking. Until they start clamping down heavily on “fans” and/or sanctioning the clubs themselves who are behaving like this they will just continue.

Red Star One

I am appalled by this tweet from La Liga boss and really hope this cnut loses his job over this. How dare you even suggest Vini should attend your moronic meetings and listen what you did, when everyone watching the game hears the vile abuse he faces again and again.

On a positive note, it seems like it's finally getting some traction, Vini played a huge part in not backing down and "accepting it as it is" and he puts very heavy pressure on Madrid and the league to act up.

KeanoMagicHat

Interesting to see him say that people in Brazil considers Spain racist. If La Liga refuse to deal with it and Vinicius leaves to go to the PL because of this, it could start a trend of more Brazilians going to England. No wonder Real Madrid are going in hard now, it could affect their future viability as a top place for players. Might have give Mbappé some thoughts about joining too.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline

I hope you're joking cause that's about the craziest thing I'eve ever read on the caf

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sid Lowe said the referees report mentioned some objects being thrown at Vini but made no mention of the racist chanting which is absurd because the referee himself stopped the game and there was an announcement via the tannoy about the racist chanting but for some reason he completely omits it from his match report.

redNATION

He belongs at Utd, half our legendary players are black, at Real he’s just another black guy they’d rather forget quickly. Should be pushing to leave asap, maybe we can pull off a reverse Ronaldo on Real.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Sid Lowe said the referees report mentioned some objects being thrown at Vini but made no mention of the racist chanting which is absurd because the referee himself stopped the game and there was an announcement via the tannoy about the racist chanting but for some reason he completely omits it from his match report.
Pressure from La Liga

STYLOISRED

Not reacting to racists further strengthens their beliefs that they have the right to be racists and is exactly the reason why issues like this are still rampant.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Pressure from La Liga
But to what end? The footage and images from the game are broadcast worldwide. The clips from the game have gone viral. The clips of the racist fans before the game have gone viral. Vini and Real Madrid have come out with strong statements and we’ve all seen Carlo’s press conference. What purpose would it serve to pressure the ref into not mentioning it?

Cassidy

But to what end? The footage and images from the game are broadcast worldwide. The clips from the game have gone viral. The clips of the racist fans before the game have gone viral. Vini and Real Madrid have come out with strong statements and we’ve all seen Carlo’s press conference. What purpose would it serve to pressure the ref into not mentioning it?
Have you seen the response from Tebas? And a lot of the media are saying the fans were not chanting anything racist too.
They are denying anything is wrong, so the official match reports would need to match that.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Have you seen the response from Tebas? And a lot of the media are saying the fans were not chanting anything racist too.
They are denying anything is wrong, so the official match reports would need to match that.
There's very clear video of a load of fans calling him a monkey. Anything other than long term (should be life imo) bans for them means the club doesn't give a shit.

And if the club won't do anything, whatever the relevant governing body should ban the club.

Or they should just come out and say "crack on, we don't care what you chant".

Cassidy

There's very clear video of a load of fans calling him a monkey. Anything other than long term (should be life imo) bans for them means the club doesn't give a shit.
And what about the league? We already know the club doesn't give a shit

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Vinicius Jr has every right to express whatever he wants after being racially abused. Demand a public apology from everyone involved or put in a transfer request and leave Spain, that’s what I would do.

wangyu

Ghandi renounced violence, he still got killed in the end.
Vinicius not reacting to racial abuse would not work, it is like allowing a dog to steal the food from your table, if you laugh it away he does it again the next day.
I assume Cunningham in his Real Madrid days also got racially abused but back then nobody made a fuzz about it, during the years post war not much has been done to curb racism and now it seems to grow out of proportion, it has been tolerated for decades and we’re starting to see now where that leads to.

The players of La Liga should come together and demand a debat with La Liga, if they don’t want that they can go on strike. In all departments people go on the street and protest if something happens they don’t like or want to see changed. So why don’t do football players do the same? Isn’t there a players union or something? Vinicius was on his own yesterday, why was there no walk out? Courtois said he would have followed Vinicius if he had stopped playing, why did he not suggest it as an option to Vinicius?
In Belgium play is suspended when racial abuse is hurled at players and if the player mentions it to the ref.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I have seen it but it still makes no sense when the message to stop the racist chanting over the tannoy has been reported everywhere and we all saw the ref stop the game because of it so clearly everyone knows the ref knew about the racist chanting and tried to stop it.

Cassidy

I have seen it but it still makes no sense when the message to stop the racist chanting over the tannoy has been reported everywhere and we all saw the ref stop the game because of it so clearly everyone knows the ref knew about the racist chanting and tried to stop it.
Cool - I guess people being corrupt needs to be logical...

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Cool - I guess people being corrupt needs to be logical...
I hear what you’re saying. I’m just saying it achieves nothing except more raised eyebrows about the league’s conduct.

Cassidy

I hear what you’re saying. I’m just saying it achieves nothing except more raised eyebrows about the league’s conduct.
Only to those who are not on its side (do not underestimate how many people are on the leagues side here)

DutchSerb

Supports
FC Groningen
I kinda agree with this, if RM were properly serious about this then they'd have all walked off the pitch with Vinicus. Footballers shouldn't have to keep going in those circumstances. What choice will those cnuts at La Liga have then if the world's biggest football club literally walks off the pitch anytime there's racist abuse?
Exactly plus it also eliminates the "us vs them" feeling in the stadium a bit, because 40k other fans are being screwed out of their money by a bunch of idiots who don't know how to behave in public (or in general). Thats when the clubs take action because it's their problem too and not just Vini or Madrid's.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout

Google translate:

I feel disappointed and very sad to see, ashamed, how episodes of racism with my teammate Vinícius Junior are repeated.

We cannot continue to tolerate this problem that transcends sport, affects the whole of society and goes unpunished. Public condemnation is not enough, punishment is necessary.

La Liga must urgently take exemplary measures, because these repeated incidents of racism tarnish the image not only of Spanish football, but of the entire world of football. And the feeling must be unanimous: zero tolerance!!!!

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Exactly plus it also eliminates the "us vs them" feeling in the stadium a bit, because 40k other fans are being screwed out of their money by a bunch of idiots who don't know how to behave in public (or in general). Thats when the clubs take action because it's their problem too and not just Vini or Madrid's.
I think it would depend on how the league would handle the outcome of the game, and nothing La Liga has done or shown so far indicates to me that they wouldn't just give 3 points to Valencia because Madrid walks off the pitch - otherwise they would have to admit that there were racist chants if they wanna give points to Madrid / punish Valencia in a way.

What's to stop their fans in such a scenario from doing it every time their own team is down? I know it's a radical suggestion, but it's pretty clear that La Liga doesn't know how to deal with this issue. So while I'd be all for Madrid walking of yesterday as it's indeed a clear sign of saying "feck you", it also worries me that the victim here would be punished twice.

humdinger

I wholeheartedly agree and also think, that Carlo missed an opportunity yesterday by not having Real leave the pitch.
I agree, that would have been a brilliant show of support.

That video of Vini crying is so sad. Tebas is such a cnut

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
He should just get out of there. This isn't a Hollywood film where he will eventually make millions see the error of their ways. Every week he will have thousands of people calling him a monkey, no matter what he does.

"But then the racists win."

No they don't. La Liga loses one of the best young attackers in the world, Real lose one of their best players and a lot of the world will look at Spain with disdain.

It can't be good mentally and physically for him to be staying there. Seriously, the blood pressure risks of being enraged like that every week is dangerous.

He could go to Bayern, PSG or a number of English clubs and be idolised with practically no racist abuse, at least compared to Spain.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
He should just get out of there. This isn't a Hollywood film where he will eventually make millions see the error of their ways. Every week he will have thousands of people calling him a monkey, no matter what he does.

"But then the racists win."

No they don't. La Liga loses one of the best young attackers in the world, Real lose one of their best players and a lot of the world will look at Spain with disdain.

It can't be good mentally and physically for him to be staying there. Seriously, the blood pressure risks of being enraged like that every week is dangerous.

He could go to Bayern, PSG or a number of English clubs and be idolised with practically no racist abuse, at least compared to Spain.
They kind of do though. It validates their abuse when they see they can drive people out of their country with their words and actions.

The world of football is a tribal place. The fans of the other 19 LaLiga clubs would be delighted if he left Real. They are not fans of the league but their club. Just like fans of the other 19 PL clubs would be happy if say Rashford left United. Whatever the reason was.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Those who involved racial abuse should be punished heavily.

I think min 5k fine and 3 year ban from all football stadium should be imposed to every individual abuser, no question asked, with possible sentence in court and jail time based on the seriousness of the abuse.

The club should be get min 1m fine too should they fail to act upon quickly, and possible 3 points deduction if they fail to act upon anything at all.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
They kind of do though. It validates their abuse when they see they can drive people out of their country with their words and actions.

The world of football is a tribal place. The fans of the other 19 LaLiga clubs would be delighted if he left Real. They are not fans of the league but their club. Just like fans of the other 19 PL clubs would be happy if say Rashford left United. Whatever the reason was.
Not at all "whatever the reason".

Likewise, would you be delighted if Salah left Liverpool because he got racist abuse from Utd fans or other teams' fans?