Vinicius Junior

Cloud7

I wonder how much of this he is willing to endure for the sake of staying at Real. Can't be easy for him having to deal with that week in/week out and no one bar his own team seem to be on his side here (And Klopp who, for all his idiotic stuff that he says regarding Liverpool, is always spot on when it comes to topics regarding societal issues)

Ludens the Red

Not really a surprise that a Spanish based journalist would be using questions along those lines. There is a massive issue in football in Spain and Italy in particular where there’s definitely this thought process that ‘black footballers need to know their place’.
You’re not allowed to be a black footballer and show personality, dive, dance or enjoy yourself at the expense of another team and if you’re racially abused it’s not a big deal and you deserved it for whatever trivial bollocks reason is given. Been going on for years in these countries with fans, journalists and even managers.
Considering how many black players play and thrive in these countries it’s actually a disgrace.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Not really a surprise that a Spanish based journalist would be using questions along those lines.
The journalist is actually Brazilian. He wanted to defend Vinicius and get the kind of response he got from Klopp, which is great.

Well done to both of them.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
How are Real Madrid (of all clubs) not using their clout to highlight and contribute to fixing a disgusting problem in Spain, let alone Spanish football?

Afganitia

Supports
Girona
How are Real Madrid (of all clubs) not using their clout to highlight and contribute to fixing a disgusting problem in Spain, let alone Spanish football?
They are. Marca has been working extra hours for weeks!

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Absolutely mental stuff.
Absolutely insane question. I don't get shocked by much anymore, but the audacity of that journalist to ask that question is truly mind-boggling. This episode is causing me to dislike everything Spanish.

RG77

Supports
Real Madrid
I think Vini is destined for the PL soon. He will get more sick of the crowds.

Whether it is with United...

Crowds, opposition and referees. Admittedly, he does flop a fair bit but also endures some brutal challenges and the refs just allow it. He pushes back and is immediately shown a yellow card.

Would be understandable if he says f this and heads to the PL. Though United seems to have the LW spot covered by multiple players so you don’t really need him. Arsenal/City/Liverpool would make more sense.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not really a surprise that a Spanish based journalist would be using questions along those lines. There is a massive issue in football in Spain and Italy in particular where there’s definitely this thought process that ‘black footballers need to know their place’.
You’re not allowed to be a black footballer and show personality, dive, dance or enjoy yourself at the expense of another team and if you’re racially abused it’s not a big deal and you deserved it for whatever trivial bollocks reason is given. Been going on for years in these countries with fans, journalists and even managers.
Considering how many black players play and thrive in these countries it’s actually a disgrace.
The worst series of racist incidents I've ever experienced was in Italy (Milan to be exact, on 3 occasions within a span of days). They are truly the weirdest cowards as once they found out I was American they instantly tried to play nice.

pascell

I can't comprehend how a journalist can ask that question so casually as if racism is tolerated, absolutely shocking and the journalist should be being called out on it.

Good on Klopp to call it insane too, also seems bemused how it can be asked so casually.

Journalists need to start being made accountable for these type of questions and reports, if they ignored the racism, it makes a point that those people won't be given time of day.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Don’t expect anything less from Klopp. He is usually on the money with this kind of stuff
Klopp is fecking outstanding at all of this stuff. If it wasn't for bias blindness you'd see his responses and input into all matters that really make you think. Global warming, Brexit, LBGT rights, racism. And with all of his intelligence he has the charisma to really pull it off too. Maybe it's that charisma that Ancelloti needs to put the Spanish media in their place properly (I'm not blaming Ancelloti in any way, btw).

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I can't comprehend how a journalist can ask that question so casually as if racism is tolerated, absolutely shocking and the journalist should be being called out on it.

Good on Klopp to call it insane too, also seems bemused how it can be asked so casually.

Journalists need to start being made accountable for these type of questions and reports, if they ignored the racism, it makes a point that those people won't be given time of day.
The journalist is simply a reflection of the the attitudes in Spain; sincerely registers no wrong doing because that’s just how it is.

An international spotlight should be blasted on Spain, but the conduct will carry on unchecked and unabated… in 2023.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Bravo to Klopp. He’s been a bit of a goon on football related matters of late, but he’s one of the most direct and just plain good people in the game for actual important things.

mav_9me

Klopp is fecking outstanding at all of this stuff. If it wasn't for bias blindness you'd see his responses and input into all matters that really make you think. Global warming, Brexit, LBGT rights, racism. And with all of his intelligence he has the charisma to really pull it off too. Maybe it's that charisma that Ancelloti needs to put the Spanish media in their place properly (I'm not blaming Ancelloti in any way, btw).
Lot of united fans acknowledge usually and in this and last page how good he is with his responses on these issues.

mav_9me

Absolutely insane question. I don't get shocked by much anymore, but the audacity of that journalist to ask that question is truly mind-boggling. This episode is causing me to dislike everything Spanish.

The journalist is simply a reflection of the the attitudes in Spain; sincerely registers no wrong doing because that’s just how it is.

An international spotlight should be blasted on Spain, but the conduct will carry on unchecked and unabated… in 2023.
It looked like a set up for me, to portray light on this. Confirmed here

The journalist is actually Brazilian. He wanted to defend Vinicius and get the kind of response he got from Klopp, which is great.

Well done to both of them.

Conor

Guys, there are no issues with racism in Spain and Italy, please stop bringing it up. The UK is just hung up on race.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Because we don't have the clout to influence society. And half the media hate Florentino. That, plus anti-madridismo
They are. Marca has been working extra hours for weeks!
Marca??? :lol:
The worst series of racist incidents I've ever experienced was in Italy (Milan to be exact, on 3 occasions within a span of days). They are truly the weirdest cowards as once they found out I was American they instantly tried to play nice.
Yeah we're weird like that. African = malicious racism. American/European = oblivious racism

In general the expectation is african = criminal/poor/job stealer, european = student/worker/tourist. Hence the difference in attitude. We're still racist though

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Yeah we're weird like that. African = malicious racism. American/European = oblivious racism

In general the expectation is african = criminal/poor/job stealer, european = student/worker/tourist. Hence the difference in attitude. We're still racist though
It's an empty and quite insulting feeling that you are in the clear b/c of your nationality. This lovely lady I met from Genoa tried to rationalize it by pointing out the migrant issues (ie. train hopping, aggressive street sellers, etc) and that they know as an American I won't be a problem. Not Italians are shitty humans though.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
It's an empty and quite insulting feeling that you are in the clear b/c of your nationality. This lovely lady I met from Genoa tried to rationalize it by pointing out the migrant issues (ie. train hopping, aggressive street sellers, etc) and that they know as an American I won't be a problem. Not Italians are shitty humans though.
Yeah, not trying to justify or anything, just giving context. I hear people, people who might know, immigrants and the kids of immigrants, people involved socially and politically, mentioning how things are getting better, but we just elected a racist, anti-lgbtq+, xenophobic pseudo-fascist, so...for what it's worth a lot of the racism is tied to class issues, people aren't well here and populism makes immigrants easy targets. We're also just dumber and not well informed about the issue, compared to countries like the USA, and lastly the average italian tends to be very self-centered - just generally not interested in learning about something that doesn't affect them

Litch

Wasnt sure at first and wondered if it was another one of those Brazilian overhyped so called 'wonder kids'. Def proven to be a genuine real deal, and only 22....

CrackersJr

cum covered cherries
The Italians are horrible for it. There was a case around Christmas where one of the "professional" rugby clubs did a secret Santa, and a black Italian got a rotten banana off one of his teammates... Said team mate got a ban once it started making news and the European Rugby got involved.

To echo someone elses post, once Klopp stops talking about footie he's actually quite listenable. One of the more clued in and outspoken people in top level footie.

Trumpeter Whydah

Supports
Full Members
Simply unplayable tonight. What a performance by him! Whoscored rates him with a whopping 9.5 and you feel it's rounded down. Unbelievable player!

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Yeah, not trying to justify or anything, just giving context. I hear people, people who might know, immigrants and the kids of immigrants, people involved socially and politically, mentioning how things are getting better, but we just elected a racist, anti-lgbtq+, xenophobic pseudo-fascist, so...for what it's worth a lot of the racism is tied to class issues, people aren't well here and populism makes immigrants easy targets. We're also just dumber and not well informed about the issue, compared to countries like the USA, and lastly the average italian tends to be very self-centered - just generally not interested in learning about something that doesn't affect them
I didn't think you were trying to justify it, but just adding more context. For what it's worth, Italians seem to hate other Italians as well (ie. North vs South). I just concluded that Italians hate everyone not from their immediate area.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
The Italians are horrible for it. There was a case around Christmas where one of the "professional" rugby clubs did a secret Santa, and a black Italian got a rotten banana off one of his teammates... Said team mate got a ban once it started making news and the European Rugby got involved.
I read that story. Whoever did that probably thought it was all in good fun, but the tone-deafness is staggering.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I didn't think you were trying to justify it, but just adding more context. For what it's worth, Italians seem to hate other Italians as well (ie. North vs South). I just concluded that Italians hate everyone not from their immediate area.
Oh yes. Italy only exists as a country because the Roman Empire and the early Catholic Church managed to create a strong overarching italian identity. But otherwise? Yeah, we pretty much hate each other, always have. It actually ties into the racism and xenophobia too. We are only italians when dealing with foreigners

Last edited:

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
I feel the journalist is setting this up knowing how Klopp will react and all credit to him Klopp reacts exactly how the journalist expected. I know he is not too popular around here but Klopp is great for football!

I would like to hear more on this from the journalist.... specifically why he asked this question which of course seems absurd.

Idxomer

I think this season, he has cemented himself as the best left-winger in the world.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
I think this season, he has cemented himself as the best left-winger in the world.
:lol:

Mbappé, Rashford, Kvaratskhelia ?

He has not "cemented" himself as anything, he didn't even put a brick. His performances in La Liga are good but no great at all (2 goals in his last 14 games) and he still fails at being a important factor for Brazil since he was unable to carry his load when Neymar was injured during the world cup.

Some of the reactions here after 2 goals against a sick Liverpool team are silly. Top 5 definitely, "best", not even close.

Snatcho 2

Supports
Most spanish sides.
I've never seen a Real Madrid team as dependent on the improvisations of a single player as I see the current Real depending on Vinicius.

Remember that team had Ronaldo scoring more than a goal a game for more than a decade.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
:lol:

Mbappé, Rashford, Kvaratskhelia ?
he's better than Kvara, the other 2 are completely different players(and i think he's better than Rashford anyways)

You have a real weird hate-boner for him. He has 18 goals and 9 assists this season, after 22 and 20 last season

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
he's better than Kvara, the other 2 are completely different players(and i think he's better than Rashford anyways)

You have a real weird hate-boner for him. He has 18 goals and 9 assists this season, after 22 and 20 last season
I don't particularly have a hate boner for him, I have one for fans that declare "he's the best" when he's not.

Better than Kvara ? Says who? The kid has 27 g/a in 25 games and was magnificent in far more games than Vinicius this season, who has yet to show he can perform consistently without Benzema on the pitch. He fails to carry Brazil without Neymar and failed to carry Madrid without Benzema (3 goals in 12 games without Benzema on the pitch while being the primary option on offense).

Real Madrid is trailing 8 points behind barcelona in a mediocre liga. Sorry but that's far from enough to declare he's the best winger in the world.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I think he had that inconsistency in the league too and he was affected by an atypical season. Benzema absence, overload of games and very hostile and violent environment against him didn't help but he is reaching his best form of the season last games (best player vs Osasuna and Liverpool by far), and his numbers are good in all competitions. The best is yet to come.