Violence in France

Ban

Tomorrow won't be, but Round of 16 is another story.

It won't stop until Mamić is gone.
That way he won't be gone, you can be sure of that.

It only makes him stronger.

People who usually don't like him are now sided with him cause of all the hysteria in the media.

Vanitas

I think they have upped security at the games now after the "banger" incident. When I went to the Ireland Sweden game I could have taken anything I wanted in which was a bit unnerving, but at the Ireland Belgium game on Saturday they were really giving everyone a good search and everyone had to empty their pockets. Flags were being confiscated, lighters, ecigs, any liquids, lipstick and even horns and plastic rattles. They had tents set up where you could leave valuables until after the game. If they are consistent I can't see how anyone could smuggle anything like a massive flare in from now on.

Wow, that's tightened up security? In my country, the stewards are even taking your gum packs, lip balm sticks, coins... Sure, people manage to keep those things and take it inside along with the flares etc, but it's forbidden.
It's funny how they weren't confiscating such objects before the incidents.

For the record, smuggling a flare in your pants is not a big deal. I saw that some media are saying that a French fan stuck a flare up his arse to smuggle it in. Ridiculous, no one does that. You just put it between your buttocks, no steward is allowed to touch you there.

They went to so much trobule to nick flags from gastići. :)
It wasn't a hard job I reckon.
They don't have anything else better to do.
Would say the same about our guys showing Serbian flags. :)
Yep, idiots. That "capture the flag" game is beyond stupidity.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Quite a few England fans in the Fanzone in Lyon last night, and then they met up in the old town for a bit of a sing. Was wondering whether something might pop off with the locals or police, but it was all very friendly in the end. Off to St Etienne after work for the big Fanzone over there, hopefully win, lose or draw people won't act like arseholes.

Maxii

Paad
Wow, that's tightened up security? In my country, the stewards are even taking your gum packs, lip balm sticks, coins... Sure, people manage to keep those things and take it inside along with the flares etc, but it's forbidden.
It's funny how they weren't confiscating such objects before the incidents.

For the record, smuggling a flare in your pants is not a big deal. I saw that some media are saying that a French fan stuck a flare up his arse to smuggle it in. Ridiculous, no one does that. You just put it between your buttocks, no steward is allowed to touch you there.
Well I didn't list the full list of items that were confiscated but a lot more things like lip balm etc were on the list. And they had those hand held metal detectors too so even a flare between your arse would have been picked up.

But I agree they should have been this thorough from the start. Obviously there will still be items that will get smuggled through, if a fan has a firework with no metal down under his balls I don't see how they'd get it. Barring a full 15 minute combing of each of the average 70k fans per game, I don't see how they can do any more. I think the aim is that nothing of significant danger gets into the stadium.

Vanitas

There's no metal in a flare. :)
At the end of the day, you cannot check everyone and everything. If the fans are not afraid of the repercussions, they can do whatever their minds come up to.

I'm not expecting the Russians to attack the Welsh. A lot of people that I know sympathize all the British squads except the English and find the guys from Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland and Scotland very nice.

worcesterred

There's no metal in a flare. :)
At the end of the day, you cannot check everyone and everything. If the fans are not afraid of the repercussions, they can do whatever their minds come up to.

I'm not expecting the Russians to attack the Welsh. A lot of people that I know sympathize all the British squads except the English and find the guys from Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland and Scotland very nice.
Uhoh

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football
Was listening to a man (fan) talk about that on the news. He said that everything was fine and everyone was calm and drinking happily and then the English fans were set upon by locals (Lyon fans). He also said that the staff in the bar seemed to know that there was going to be trouble because 30 mins before it started they took in all the tables and chairs.

R'hllor

They went to so much trobule to nick flags from gastići. :)
It wasn't a hard job I reckon.
They don't have anything else better to do.
Would say the same about our guys showing Serbian flags. :)
The amount of IQ you need to run around chasing someone with Serb/Croat flag,when you can go to shop buy a bloody thing and take a picture.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36575116

Uefa has fined Croatia 100,000 euros (£77,000) after crowd trouble during their 2-2 draw against the Czech Republic at Euro 2016 on Friday.

Referee Mark Clattenburg took the players off in Saint-Etienne when fans in the Croatia end threw flares. The Croatia Football Federation has also been banned from selling tickets to fans identified as "hooligans”. But with tickets for Tuesday's game against Spain all sold, this sanction is deferred until after the tournament. If there is further Croatian crowd trouble in that match - the final one in Group D for both sides - then the sanction would kick in immediately. The fine is the second biggest handed out at the tournament after Russia were fined 150,000 euros last week.

Clattenburg took the players off temporarily in the 86th minute, and during the delay, some Croatia players went over to the fans to ask them to stop causing trouble. A steward appeared to be hurt when a firework he was removing from the pitch went off.

Journalist Andy Mitten, who was at the game, told BBC Radio 5 live at the time: "I was in a section full of Croatia fans. The team was playing really well, everything was good, the people around me were happy but then I noticed a big line of police and soldiers building up in front of the Croatia end. "It became clear they knew something was going to happen and it did happen. I saw fighting. It was horrible to watch. It went on for two or three minutes before it calmed down."

It is thought that the fans were protesting against Croatia Football Federation vice-president Zdravko Mamic. Mamic was arrested last July, and subsequently charged, with embezzling money from Dinamo Zagreb when he was the club's chief executive, an accusation he denies. The controversy surrounding Mamic has led some Croatian fans believe the federation is corrupt.

Torcida Split 1950, a Hajduk Split supporters' group, has posted on Facebook that it intends to disrupt Tuesday's Group D match against Spain in Bordeaux.

Ban

Wish your guys all the best, sure your midfield magician will come through – wish Fergie could have landed him (bloody Scholes longevity) … hope there's no trouble either!
Luka wont play tomorrow. I hope he'll be ready for 2nd round.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
And as we all know, the correct term is 'wannabe British'. ;)
I'm not sure if you're joking but in case you're not - Ireland spent 750 years trying to remove the British from Ireland, and I doubt you would find a single Irish person in the ROI that would categorise themselves as "wannabe British". In fact out of all the countries on these islands I would say it is the one with the strongest identity.

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
Supports
Janet jazz jazz jam
I'm not sure if you're joking but in case you're not - Ireland spent 750 years trying to remove the British from Ireland, and I doubt you would find a single Irish person in the ROI that would categorise themselves as "wannabe British". In fact out of all the countries on these islands I would say it is the one with the strongest identity.
How many Irish people can use Irish in day to day life? How many Welsh people can their language?

/devil's advocate

iKeano

Don't even rise to this shit Finn, its no wonder the minority of these idiots get battered everywhere they go while Ireland fans are adored.
But yea.... Blame the Russians.
"Always the victim, never their fault"

iKeano

How many Irish people can use Irish in day to day life? How many Welsh people can their language?

/devil's advocate
How many Welsh passports are there the world over?
How many Welsh bars have you scrambled to on your holidays?
How many cities around the world turn Red for St Davids day?
How many Welsh amateur sports are played in every country in the world?

But yea.... The Valleys. Sure.

#COYBIG

17Larsson

Not a malefactor just a lagomorph
Of course he's joking. Strongest identity? :rolleyes:

SqueakyWeasel

Luka wont play tomorrow. I hope he'll be ready for 2nd round.
As long as your Inter wide guys are playing I'm sure that you'll do OK … you're my surprise package of the tournament. You'll need Mod back to go much further though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I reckon you'll win tonight, however, it's ironic that, if you lose tonight and the Czech Republic win you might come up against Wales in the last 16 and, considering everyone's moaning that England should have topped the group – that's a game I wouldn't have looked forward to!

Thomas A.Anderson

As long as your Inter wide guys are playing I'm sure that you'll do OK … you're my surprise package of the tournament. You'll need Mod back to go much further though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I reckon you'll win tonight, however, it's ironic that, if you lose tonight and the Czech Republic win you might come up against Wales in the last 16 and, considering everyone's moaning that England should have topped the group – that's a game I wouldn't have looked forward to!
Yeah, it seems that defeat against Spain, and Czech victory would be great. No France, Germany, Spain, Italy, England till final.

I don't think we'll win, no matter how many players Spain rests, Iniesta seems to be in first team, so it's business as usual for them. And it seems that one of Inter's wide guys, Brozović, is coming inside to replace Modrić, so it will be interesting to see Pjaca, I don't think he ever competed in such high level. He did play in Champions League, but Dinamo is another story.

SqueakyWeasel

Yeah, it seems that defeat against Spain, and Czech victory would be great. No France, Germany, Spain, Italy, England till final.

I don't think we'll win, no matter how many players Spain rests, Iniesta seems to be in first team, so it's business as usual for them. And it seems that one of Inter's wide guys, Brozović, is coming inside to replace Modrić, so it will be interesting to see Pjaca, I don't think he ever competed in such high level. He did play in Champions League, but Dinamo is another story.
Still rate these guys! :drool:

According to TalkSport (who are also pretty strongly pro your boys) they don't think Spain will rest anyone … it's all about momentum (Woy are you listening?) but they still rate your chances.

Crazy that UEFA decided to "expand" the tournament to be more exciting and inclusive but managed to create situations like last night … where Slovakia didn't have to go for it because they were confident that a solid defence would provide the route to the round of 16 more safely than offence … and you guys might actually be better off losing against Spain to ensure a safer route to the final :eek::eek::eek:

Thomas A.Anderson

Still rate these guys! :drool:

According to TalkSport (who are also pretty strongly pro your boys) they don't think Spain will rest anyone … it's all about momentum (Woy are you listening?) but they still rate your chances.

Crazy that UEFA decided to "expand" the tournament to be more exciting and inclusive but managed to create situations like last night … where Slovakia didn't have to go for it because they were confident that a solid defence would provide the route to the round of 16 more safely than offence … and you guys might actually be better off losing against Spain to ensure a safer route to the final :eek::eek::eek:
I'm still shocked to be honest that he gambled, basically lost, and now France is waiting in 1/4.

Moreover, I have a bet with friend that England will go through to at least semis, and this is a bet I don't want to lose. :D

Woy, I'm coming for you!

Stretford End Phil

Don't even rise to this shit Finn, its no wonder the minority of these idiots get battered everywhere they go while Ireland fans are adored.
Just an observation: some of the hardest fans back in the day were the Irish reds who stood in the Soreboard Paddock. They never stood back if any English lads took a pasting. Not condoning hooliganism but at times it has created some strange comradeships.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Yes, of course I was joking. :lol:

Well, that escalated quickly..

Scuttler

Showing your true colours. Go support an Irish club rather than an English one. Here is hoping Ireland won't make it to the next round.

Oyibo

come on lads, we're all reds here.

reds are here, reds are there, reds are every f in where, nah nah nah nah, nah nah nah, nah nah...

iKeano

Just an observation: some of the hardest fans back in the day were the Irish reds who stood in the Soreboard Paddock. They never stood back if any English lads took a pasting. Not condoning hooliganism but at times it has created some strange comradeships.
I was careful with my words Phil, I said 'Minority of these idiots'. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" after all! We're all reds here, just hate when politics gets brought into it. Not the place for it, I saw enough of that sh1t growing up!

Showing your true colours. Go support an Irish club rather than an English one. Here is hoping Ireland won't make it to the next round.
What a scumbag... absolute scumbag.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
I was careful with my words Phil, I said 'Minority of these idiots'. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" after all! We're all reds here, just hate when politics gets brought into it. Not the place for it, I saw enough of that sh1t growing up!
I made a cheap throwaway joke and you apparently took it as a deep insult. Seriously, lighten up. 99% of English people don't have anything but love for our Irish cousins, but then again 99% of them can take a joke too.

iKeano

I made a cheap throwaway joke and you apparently took it as a deep insult. Seriously, lighten up. 99% of English people don't have anything but love for our Irish cousins, but then again 99% of them can take a joke too.
That's fair enough @Kentonio, but "Wannabe British" can be seen as a deep insult by many in Ireland. Appreciate you explaining it was nothing more than a throwaway joke, just got my back up with some of the other comments in here.
As I said above, this isn't a forum for political views, we're all reds.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
That's fair enough @Kentonio, but "Wannabe British" can be seen as a deep insult by many in Ireland. Appreciate you explaining it was nothing more than a throwaway joke, just got my back up with some of the other comments in here.
As I said above, this isn't a forum for political views, we're all reds.
Well I'm not a red, but I agree with the rest. ;)