Violence in France

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
......celery-throwing southern fairies :)

Not related to this thread I know, but that celery stuff.....what the hell?
It apparently comes from an old knees-up song called Ask Old Brown, with the lyrics..

"Ask old brown for tea:
and all the family,
if he don't come
we'll tickle his bum
with a lump of celery."

It got picked up by the Chelsea fans around the 80's and the words changed to..

"Celery, celery.
If she don’t cum,
I’ll tickle her bum,
With a lump of celery."

Which then led to the famous chucking of celery that bemused poor Fabregas so much in his Arsenal days. :lol:

But now we really are off topic, although I'm sure we've thrown it in France now and again too. ;)

Scuttler

I was careful with my words Phil, I said 'Minority of these idiots'. "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" after all! We're all reds here, just hate when politics gets brought into it. Not the place for it, I saw enough of that sh1t growing up!

What a scumbag... absolute scumbag.
Why am I a scumbag?

Kostur

海尔的老板
Can't be bothered to go through all the Irish-British duels here so a question headed to our new (since Mali was banned) Croatian fans, are your ultras/fans still trying to get your NT banned from everywhere? Hence the flares? :lol:

I know the background for the conflict by the way, fecked up situation.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
I'm not sure if you're joking but in case you're not - Ireland spent 750 years trying to remove the British from Ireland, and I doubt you would find a single Irish person in the ROI that would categorise themselves as "wannabe British". In fact out of all the countries on these islands I would say it is the one with the strongest identity.
Hey Paddy, what happened to your famous sense of humour?

Thomas A.Anderson

Can't be bothered to go through all the Irish-British duels here so a question headed to our new (since Mali was banned) Croatian fans, are your ultras/fans still trying to get your NT banned from everywhere? Hence the flares? :lol:

Yeah, they are. Couple hours ago a Police Union published that they have information about new potential incidents today.

They say that after half an hour there's gonna be another flare incident plus today ultras are planning to invade a pitch and attack the ref.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Yeah, they are. Couple hours ago a Police Union published that they have information about new potential incidents today.

They say that after half an hour there's gonna be another flare incident plus today ultras are planning to invade a pitch and attack the ref.
Christ, that's pretty hardcore. Hope nobody gets hurt, will be plenty of people watching this match I imagine as it seems to be an interesting one, for football reasons of course.

Thomas A.Anderson

Well, to be honest I don't really buy into it. First of all, ultras are hardcore, but they are not that stupid. Something like that will be a precedent in Croatian history. And furthemore, police is hardly the most reliable source, most of them are on someones payroll. All sources that told about incidents before Czech game are quiet today. It seems to me that Croatian FA is manipulating again, but I could be wrong.

On a second hand, Goverment in Croatia is finished, Mamić's friends in high positions are gone, sort off, so it's kinda perfect time to make a point.

Of course not by attacking a referee!

Ah, everything is fecked.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

This should be a good test of French security. If it's come out publicly that this might happen then there should be massively heightened security pitch side. Anything else and it's a balls-up by both UEFA and the French police.

I don't at all condone attacking the ref, that seems a bridge too far in proving a point. It shows though, should it happen, how far these fans will go. Throwing a few flares from a stand containing thousands is one thing. Running onto the pitch and assaulting the ref will almost certainly lead to imprisonment in a foreign country.

Ban

As long as your Inter wide guys are playing I'm sure that you'll do OK … you're my surprise package of the tournament. You'll need Mod back to go much further though, so I'll keep my fingers crossed!

I reckon you'll win tonight, however, it's ironic that, if you lose tonight and the Czech Republic win you might come up against Wales in the last 16 and, considering everyone's moaning that England should have topped the group – that's a game I wouldn't have looked forward to!
If we end up 3rd its Wales or France. :D
Game vs Wales would be a great one.:)

Edit: dont read anything I say about this, ask @Thomas A.Anderson, he knows that stuff. :)

Last edited:

Ban

Theres a lot of talk of new incidents today so I hope security will be tight or other fans will stop any flare throwing or whatever.

I heard Lyon fans attacked some English fans, was it covered here?And that Polish and Ukrainians have already started their shit.
What a tournament... Disaster.

Last edited:

Kostur

海尔的老板
Theres a lot of talk of new incidents today so I hope security will be tight or other fans will stop any flare throwing or whatever.

I heard Lyon fans attacked some English fans, was it covered here?And that Polish and Ukrainians have already started their shit.
What a tournament... Disaster.
There were reports of Lyon fans attacking the English in Saint-Etienne but haven't heard anything about our fans vs Ukrainian fans.

Red Defence

“United stands for attacking, attractive football

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
French police on Monday arrested Russian far-right football fan leader Alexander Shprygin watching his country at Euro 2016 just two days after being expelled from France over fan violence, the interior ministry said.

So, he was removed to Moscow by plane on Saturday and is back watching the match on Monday. Great security from the French. Do hope it improves.
What do you mean? He was ID'd at the game and arrested. That's pretty good. You can't stop people travelling in a country with open borders.

Ban

There were reports of Lyon fans attacking the English in Saint-Etienne but haven't heard anything about our fans vs Ukrainian fans.
Hopefully we wont hear anything. :)

Edit: just saw on croatian RTL there were fights.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
@Kentonio - fair enough mate, if you were joking, thats why I started my post with that caveat.

I have a background that includes, northern Irish, southern Irish and English grandparents - I'm a hybrid :) and believe me when I say that if I saw an Irish person on here making an unjustified comment about the English I wouldn't be happy about that either.

Anyway, I hope I didn't upset anyone too much - its difficult enough to convey tone online, never mind when its about sensitive subjects.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
It's all good Finn. :)

Not sure if something is kicking off in Lyon right now btw, but for the last hour or so there have been a LOT of police sirens and cars chasing about.

Thomas A.Anderson

So no pitch invasions or beating up the ref and the Russians go home ashamed. Nothing left, Putin will have to send out the army to restore Russian honour.:)
As I thought, this was another manipulation by CFA.

They put this "story" in media and now can say that they stopped another attack with police. They did that in past numerous times. They are acting as victims, and everyone who criticize them is hooligan and savage. Plus great result against Spain, so general public won't ask too many questions, they are happy, we won, everyting is fine, bread and circuses.

At least, NT plays good, so I have that going for me.

Vanitas

You naughty person, I hope you're feeling very apologetic.:nono::lol:
:lol::lol:

Polish fans will not be happy with this. Seriously, I don't understand this. These guys look like a bunch of drunken idiots not prepared to defend themselves against any trained hooligan crew. So, why are they doing such shit is beyond me.

Dans

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016

Polish fans will not be happy with this. Seriously, I don't understand this. These guys look like a bunch of drunken idiots not prepared to defend themselves against any trained hooligan crew. So, why are they doing such shit is beyond me.

Anyone who boos another country's anthem, disrespects a flag etc = a complete dickhead. Frexit for them.

Stretford End Phil

Don't look for logic or rationale.

Remove weapons and special firms from the equation.

95% of all footy hooligans are weedy sheep who follow the pack. There are 4% who fight and then 1% who are truly dangerous. Get hit by the hard boys is not usually as serious as being rumbled by the sheep who never stop kicking and stamping.

The behaviour of the pack also depends on other factors. That load of idiots are fat jelly fish and spineless weeds and would run first - poor singers to boot. :)

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!

Those cnuts are fecking idiots, they should have kissed the flag if anything given how crucial our Air Forces were in the Battle of Britain. Polish hools gonna be ultra mad about this and they have every right to be.

Last edited: