Virgil van Dijk | OFFICIAL: Liverpool agree £75m fee (£70m upfront) with Southampton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empathy 2020

Supports
Most
- We (LFC supporters and Klopp) actually laughed at the fee for Pogba, not Lukaku. Lukaku was known to be going for the price you have mentioned. And you guys only bought him after Madrid kept increasing the price of Morata week after week. Is that not the truth?
- Would Chiellini or Ramos move to Liverpool?
- What other options do you think we could have gone for? (Genuine question)
- What do you mean by 'backfired'? What exactly has 'backfired'? Yes he made a comment that he would never spend that much (I've read it almost every other post here), but in the end, he spent money that the owners were willing to spend. What 'backfired'?

Klopp was coveting this defender in the summer and now has got him. Do I think we overpaid? Absolutely.

I am pretty certain that this world record fee for a defender will be broken before August the 1st 2018

Empathy 2020

Supports
Most
You are probably right, but that defender will certainly be world class :lol:
The truth is certain players suit a certain playing style.

I suspect VVD will be a success for Klopp in much the same way Salah has been a success for him. There are quality players who would not fit his style.That does not make them bad players.

Lukaku is an example.
You just can’t see him in a typical Klopp setup and yet he is a quality striker.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.