Virgil van Dijk | VVD throws a hissy fit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
The Liverpool Echo is suggesting that Van Dijk is yet to make up his mind and has three teams chasing him (including City and Liverpool).

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Don't they report that for every signing we make? We only had the 4th highest wage bill last season so it doesn't quite add up with all the reports - lazy journalism, and fits the "players only go to City for the money" script. Something tells me £200k a week for Van Dijk is BS.
Don't mean to be pedantic but you realise most your money that you pay your staff is shifted to a holding company. Your wages aren't accurately represented in the accounts for that reason. I thought all City fans knew this.

As for van dijk dissapointed if we've missed out on yet another first choice target.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
He really isn't that good and that's exactly what we'll see next season when he shows how error-prone he is.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Don't mean to be pedantic but you realise most your money that you pay your staff is shifted to a holding company. Your wages aren't accurately represented in the accounts for that reason. I thought all City fans knew this.

As for van dijk dissapointed if we've missed out on yet another first choice target.
We won't (and shouldn't) get involved in a bidding war with City (or Chelsea), especially not over a player like Van Dijk. Klopp knows what he's doing and knows where we need reinforcements - the likes of Süle and Tah are probably available for half the price City will pay for Van Dijk, there's lots of players (CBs) out there that would improve our first XI.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
We won't (and shouldn't) get involved in a bidding war with City (or Chelsea), especially not over a player like Van Dijk. Klopp knows what he's doing and knows where we need reinforcements - the likes of Süle and Tah are probably available for half the price City will pay for Van Dijk, there's lots of players (CBs) out there that would improve our first XI.
Uhm....

dutchred

for me Lindehof is better value. I saw a lot of Holland and maybe he has improved in England but he liable to make mistakes regularly.

Peanut Butter

Will suit FSGs buy cheap sell for profit philosophy too.

kdmaka

for me Lindehof is better value. I saw a lot of Holland and maybe he has improved in England but he liable to make mistakes regularly.
Wouldn't mind seeing a 3 man City defense of him,Mangala and Stones :drool: next season the 150M defensive clowns .

Kurosawa

Supports
Liverpool
Prefer not to pay 60m for this guy. He is obviously a good player, but I think our defensive issues are more to do with the structure of our team than the mediocrity of the likes of Lovren.

If we bought a proper DM, or Can grew into that role (Henderson is not a DM) and a Cb even if inferior to VVD, I'm sure we would be better off than just buying VVD and persisting with Henderson as our deepest midfielder.

United Pro

Jonathan Tah looks beastly every time I've seen him and has a similar physique to Van Dijk. Any regular Bundesliga watchers know how he's performed this season?

RooneyLegend

Probably the best defender in the league, at worst he's in the top 3. There is no way this is a signing we will regret. Those error prone days are a thing of the past. Physically dominant, aerially he's a monster and has real pace. Need i add that he's phenomenal on the ball. Sure he can improve his reading of the game but that's where Mou's system would be perfect for him. just get him in, we really have a long way to go before competing in Europe, we can't be turning our noses up at players like him and signing the Keane's of this world. We'll take those risks when we're near the top of the game.

Morpheus 7

£60m....ridiculously overpriced. That's what you would pay for the best defender on the planet, really good defender but he plays for Southampton.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
FFS add 10 more and get Laporte. Why is city having so much issues with defenders?

I mean both us and liverpool got better values with the likes of Bailly and Matip.

vodrake

FFS add 10 more and get Laporte. Why is city having so much issues with defenders?

I mean both us and liverpool got better values with the likes of Bailly and Matip.
They had a deal agreed with Laporte last season, only for him to change his mind at the last second and sign a new contract. Doubt they'd go back for him

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Jonathan Tah looks beastly every time I've seen him and has a similar physique to Van Dijk. Any regular Bundesliga watchers know how he's performed this season?
Inconsistent, beastly one week turns like a tank another week. He has the talent and attributes but he's a few seasons off being ready to come in to a top club and be an automatic starter. Him and Sule are excellent prospects though.

Nickosaur

Van Dijk and Salah would improve the scousers a hell of a lot imo.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Would be pretty annoyed if he went to Liverpool

Peanut Butter

Good signing for Liverpool that. City want Bonucci I think so might be a lot of truth in this.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I wouldn't say he is not good but hes a defender. 60 million is way too much for a defender.

United Pro

Inconsistent, beastly one week turns like a tank another week. He has the talent and attributes but he's a few seasons off being ready to come in to a top club and be an automatic starter. Him and Sule are excellent prospects though.
Ok fair enough. I guess he's one to watch next season to see if he can step up.

Smores

Blimey 60mil. Do Liverpool own Southampton yet?

Some countries spend less on foreign aid budgets than Liverpool give to Southampton annually

Thisistheone

How the feck are Liverpool splashing out 55-60m on a centre back?

Big statement from them.

Peanut Butter

How the feck are Liverpool splashing out 55-60m on a centre back?

Big statement from them.
Yep. He's a cracking player and Liverpool will prove me wrong on their transfer policy of recent times if they pull this off.

They probably have a good relationship with Saints these days.

Morpheus 7

It wouldn't be a transfer window if Liverpool weren't buying a Southampton player. He will definitely improve them, even if the fee is a scandalous 60m.

Cal?

CR7 fan
So Southampton continue as the feeder club of Liverpool...

Status
Not open for further replies.