Vitor Pereira Interview with Sky Sports

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It's the first time with Everton that I have no idea what would be best. I think probably an interim rather than full appointment as I would want someone like Potter who won't come in to save us from relegation and would want a far stabler club. Problem with that is that I don't know who I'd have as an interim. Big Dunc can no doubt be a big character in the dressing room and for morale but tactically doesn't cut it. We don't need a tactical masterclass but just enough to string some wins together.
Lucien Favre is available.

Red00012

I wouldn’t be surprised if a Liverpool fella did the graffiti

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
It's the first time with Everton that I have no idea what would be best. I think probably an interim rather than full appointment as I would want someone like Potter who won't come in to save us from relegation and would want a far stabler club. Problem with that is that I don't know who I'd have as an interim. Big Dunc can no doubt be a big character in the dressing room and for morale but tactically doesn't cut it. We don't need a tactical masterclass but just enough to string some wins together.
Get Ole in and watch the feel good times roll!

Chairman Steve

Get Solskjaer because I really want to see if he is actually good enough to be a Premier League level manager like some people have said, as I have reservations over that :p

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just finally saw the interview. Was surprised he was actually answering the questions with logic, because his English level is quite basic.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
He was young a long time ago, not any more. Since inheriting a good Porto team he’s been a journeyman. Recently getting sacked (after 6 months at Fener) and relegated (1860 Munich). I can see why Everton fans would not want him.
He preferred to sign for a record wage to manage an Arabian club rather than joining Everton at the first time he was approached, 10 years ago. His career might had been different if he had decided wisely.

His fail at 1860 was funny: he tried to instill a ball possession style with a farmers squad and I remember some pretty funny goals they suffered because those center backs were pretty much a liability with the ball on their feet.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Professional interim coach Hiddink could be enticed out of retirement.

jem

Pereira is actually a good manager, but also very dogmatic, which makes him a very stubborn person at times. I think he's coming to England 10 years too late, I don't think his motivation to adapt to a group is becoming better.

He was actually sacked by Fenerbahce not because of results (the squad had a lot of problems with injuries, the board wasn't actually too much concerned), but rather because he couldn't convince his players to follow his philosophy and clashed with several key players.

One thing is certain: press conferences are going to be wild:
OMG! Please let him come to Everton!

TheReligion

Abusive
I agree with you however who? It’s tough to get that kind of appointment I feel. It’s the relegation aspect that’s the concern. You need some one cut out for that and happy to take it short term. Ideally someone who knows the PL and can get straight to work. No idea who though?

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Professional interim coach Hiddink could be enticed out of retirement.
That's a good shout.

I agree with you however who? It’s tough to get that kind of appointment I feel. It’s the relegation aspect that’s the concern. You need some one cut out for that and happy to take it short term. Ideally someone who knows the PL and can get straight to work. No idea who though?
I hate Allardyce but he's the type of guy you'd go for. I wouldn't mind Dyche either for it but he isn't going to leave Burnley for a 6 month job.

Acole9

Outstanding
What's so bad about this guy? No idea why they want Lampard, crap manager.

Mr Smith

The reason being that the only reason to link him to the Everton job is his name as a player. He took Derby from 6th to 6th and Chelsea from 3rd to 9th or whatever they were when he was sacked. He has no pedigree for the job.
That's a simplification of his managerial tenure at both those clubs and you know it. I'm not saying he's world-class, but he showed potential at both those clubs, getting Derby to the play-offs and keeping Chelsea in the top four when they had a transfer ban. I would say he's shown enough to say he's worth a punt for a mid-table premier league club.

There just seems to be a hatred towards Lampard around here that's baffling, where people like yourself deliberately emphasize his failures while minimizing his achievements. It's weird.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Ole may not have been ready for United, but he isn't terrible. He's a good manager who did good things at United, but wasn't quite ready for that level in the end. I personally think he should avoid Everton anyway, as that club is in disarray and he would be walking into an extremely difficult situation.
Fixed that for you

phelans shorts

What's so bad about this guy? No idea why they want Lampard, crap manager.
He’s closely aligned with Kia Joorabchian who’s been sinking his claws into Everton of late, and their fans very much don’t want anything to do with.

Now don’t get me wrong, Lampard is crap, but that’s their issue with Pereira

Caesar2290

Of course it is fecking bizarre. It's like we are pitching to have our own Netflix/Amazon show with all the decisions from inside and outside the club. We are an absolute mess right now.

Also regarding Lampard, I don't think he's a bad manager, but I don't think he's the right one for us either.
Always wondered why didn't Everton go for someone like Hassenhuthl or Potter. I think both of them would be an improvement to pretty much any manager you guys had in the last decade.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
Pereira is actually a good manager, but also very dogmatic, which makes him a very stubborn person at times. I think he's coming to England 10 years too late, I don't think his motivation to adapt to a group is becoming better.

He was actually sacked by Fenerbahce not because of results (the squad had a lot of problems with injuries, the board wasn't actually too much concerned), but rather because he couldn't convince his players to follow his philosophy and clashed with several key players.

Wow great find, he was in the right though, don't hire a volatile coach if you want to control what he says in the pressers, that was pathetic by them.

acnumber9

That's a simplification of his managerial tenure at both those clubs and you know it. I'm not saying he's world-class, but he showed potential at both those clubs, getting Derby to the play-offs and keeping Chelsea in the top four when they had a transfer ban. I would say he's shown enough to say he's worth a punt for a mid-table premier league club.

There just seems to be a hatred towards Lampard around here that's baffling, where people like yourself deliberately emphasize his failures while minimizing his achievements. It's weird.
It’s the reality of the situation. He took a team that was already a play off team to the exact same position and he did the same at Chelsea. At best he didn’t make things worse. Is that really what Everton need? If his name wasn’t Frank Lampard he wouldn’t be considered.

What are his achievements?

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Did someone say “Pardew”??:drool:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I wasn't actually joking with Favre. That would be a very reasonable appointment.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably

:lol: what a bellend! He's like turbo-Mourinho, I love it!

TwoSheds

That's a good shout.

I hate Allardyce but he's the type of guy you'd go for. I wouldn't mind Dyche either for it but he isn't going to leave Burnley for a 6 month job.
You'd do well to get Dyche for a fair bit longer than just 6 months if he would consider it. You might even stop conceding 3 goals a game.

maniak

Supports
Arsenal

Being in saudi arabia and asking if he can say what he wants.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You'd do well to get Dyche for a fair bit longer than just 6 months if he would consider it. You might even stop conceding 3 goals a game.
I like him but I just don’t think he’s good enough for a European challenge which should be our aspirations for the size of club we are and our backing. Obviously we need to have a major restructure of the club and Dyche could be a great initial option but I’d worry about signing loads of 6 foot plus players. We do need a bit of steeliness that he could provide and he managed to get the best out of Keane.

TwoSheds

I like him but I just don’t think he’s good enough for a European challenge which should be our aspirations for the size of club we are and our backing. Obviously we need to have a major restructure of the club and Dyche could be a great initial option but I’d worry about signing loads of 6 foot plus players. We do need a bit of steeliness that he could provide and he managed to get the best out of Keane.
Are you being backed? They just shipped Digne out and replaced him with a nobody and you haven't exactly done loads of other business...

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Are you being backed? They just shipped Digne out and replaced him with a nobody and you haven't exactly done loads of other business...
yes. We have spent 500m in a short space of time and we are building a big new stadium. We have spent about 30m already this window (helped by the Digne sale) but we are restricted a little by FFP. Once we manage our wage bill and clear out, a new manager will get a healthy transfer budget. Mykolenko isn’t a nobody either. He’s not as good as Digne but he’s highly rated and has 21 caps for Ukraine already at 22.

Last edited:

TwoSheds

yes. We have spent 500m in a short space of time and we are building a big new stadium. We have spent about 30m already this window (helped by the Digne sale) but we are restricted a little by FFP. Once we manage our wage bill and clear out a new manager will get a healthy transfer budget. Mykolenko isn’t a nobody either. He’s not as good as Digne but he’s highly rated and has 21 caps for Ukraine already at 22.
Maybe that backpass has coloured my perception of him then :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Maybe that backpass has coloured my perception of him then :lol:
He has definitely not been helped by the manner of his signing. You’d like a chance to bed in a young new defender but he’s had to come in immediately and start in a new country with a new language. It’s not been helpful for him. Ideally you’d have liked him to be Digne’s understudy for a year or two.

Withnail

Lampard may not have been ready for Chelsea, but he isn't terrible. He's a good manager who did good things at Chelsea, but wasn't quite ready for that level in the end. I personally think he should avoid Everton anyway, as that club is in disarray and he would be walking into an extremely difficult situation.
Lampard wasn't ready for Derby.