Wan-Bissaka for sale

Scholsey2004

Dalot was given a contract because he improved and could be sold for some good money after that improvement if he didn’t find consistency.

Wan Bissaka has improved beyond Dalot and is getting a new contract to fight with Dalot’s replacement (Frimpong?) for the starting RB spot.

An amazing attacking RB fighting with an amazing 1vs1 defender.

Our squad is going to be great.
Frimpong seems to be a wing-back rather than a full back. I'm not sure playing him as a full back would be that productive. Would give an option to change tactics of course.

DanClancy

He signed a 5 year deal so expires next summer but read something about United having a 1 year extension to that, that confirmed?

PieCrust

Still need an upgrade over him. Don't need both Dalot and AWB as squad options.

cyberman

Very, very good at keeping the ball and progressing the ball forward.
He struggled when we all thought FBs had to provide the width and attacking thrust but this move to inverted FBs really suits him

Lee565

We can't shift either bissaka or dalot for a good fee but chelsea getting 30 million for a youth player

Gandalf

We can't shift either bissaka or dalot for a good fee but chelsea getting 30 million for a youth player
We have not made any attempt to shift them so it is hard to say what the interest would be. I imagine a new RB will be on the agenda for next summer and the signs point to Dalot being the odd one out so we will see what sort of price he fetches. Hopefully has a good run at the Euros and Chelsea go nuts and throw 80M at us.

jeff_goldblum

Unless a very good option become available for a reasonable price, I don't think we should be looking to offload either. Neither is as well rounded as I'd like, but between the two we have right back covered in most tactical set-ups we're likely to employ.

mikeyt

We have not made any attempt to shift them so it is hard to say what the interest would be. I imagine a new RB will be on the agenda for next summer and the signs point to Dalot being the odd one out so we will see what sort of price he fetches. Hopefully has a good run at the Euros and Chelsea go nuts and throw 80M at us.
I agree with this but you can't help think if we were looking shift one of them we'd struggle to get £30million. I know a number of our players are on inflated salaries which makes a big difference to transfer fees but some of the deals Chelsea are doing both in and out are just weird. I'd like to think it's the market but I reckon there's something fishy going on down there!

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
One or two pages back there's a story about the club opening formal talks for an extension. IIRC Dalot already got one.
Ideally after last season we would've sold one, extended the other as a backup, and brought in another RB as a starter. Being on their first United contracts (with reasonable wages) and coming off a respectable season, both would have been at their peak transfer value this summer.

Based Adnan

With the gk situation resolved I think right back will prove to be a bigger problem this season. Can see us making it a priority position next summer.

ClassOf'99

Ideally after last season we would've sold one, extended the other as a backup, and brought in another RB as a starter. Being on their first United contracts (with reasonable wages) and coming off a respectable season, both would have been at their peak transfer value this summer.
I honestly think Dalot could've easily got offers from Portugal or Italy of around 20-30m and we could've brought in Frimpong for around that too.

Doesn't make sense why we extended or plan to extend both when out of the two AWB seems to be improving more.

United888

Both Dalot and Bissaka are two different right back meaning everytime we switch RB, we are changing our style of play because we are giving these two different roles. We need to choose which right back that suits the system more (imo Dalot). Sell Bissaka and use the money to buy right back that fit the system so we can stick into the system that we want to build in long term so the whole back four don’t look confused and play like there is no system.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
i'd bite their hands off for £20m-£25m.
Can we really afford to have the rest of the season without him though? Frimpong's clause doesn't activate until the summer and I'm not sure we have many options we could get in January.

Bertie Wooster

Can we really afford to have the rest of the season without him though? Frimpong's clause doesn't activate until the summer and I'm not sure we have many options we could get in January.
It would be good to try and sell some players in order to free up space and get their wages off the book, etc.

But then, yeah, it's that fine balance between looking to offload some players as soon as possible so that we're free to start the rebuild in the summer, and having to keep a strong enough squad for the 2nd half of the season so that we're able to finish as high as possible which will, in turn, help attract the players that we'll be targeting.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
There’s something about Wan Bissaka where I feel like he is both a really good player but also very replaceable. Its weird.

I still don’t know which one I prefer. They’re so inconsistent, the pair of them.

tomaldinho1

Really? That gets you no one these days of any decent ability. With the United tax we'd be lucky to even sign a half promising young player for £20m.

AWB has his limitations but he's been much better under ETH and I think he's our best option there. If we can sign someone excellent, sure, let's sell him but there aren't that many top RBs and they are not cheap.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Really? That gets you no one these days of any decent ability. With the United tax we'd be lucky to even sign a half promising young player for £20m.

AWB has his limitations but he's been much better under ETH and I think he's our best option there. If we can sign someone excellent, sure, let's sell him but there aren't that many top RBs and they are not cheap.
And some of those replacements being touted play as RWB not RB

prateik

Nah.. he should be our first choice RB.. not even considering his sale till we get someone better and that player performs for us.

spiriticon

I would sell and get a younger replacement in if there is an opportunity for business.

No problems with keeping AWB, but we need to do smarter business.

Foolsgold21

Sell whilst we can - will allow the new structure more room for manoeuvre come the summer.

The fact he will have been here 5 years come the summer says it all - yes shown some positives in that time but my word.... 5 years and he is still here?!

Castia

We need a quality right back regardless. Sell and put the 25m+ to a first team RB in the summer.

Dannn411

Fair enough. I hear that. Its just that we may not see that much for him ever again.

spiriticon

This season is fecked anyway. Whether he's here or not for the rest of it will not have much impact. We're likely to finish mid table out of top 4 regardless of AWB's presence.

Zed 101

I really think AWB is over-rated due to those magnificent saving tackles, but if you ask yourself why is it that every other quality WB manages to defend as well if not better only occasionally going to ground?

I do not dislike AWB in the slightest, he has given us some fantastic duels against top attackers, but I think he would not be missed defensively and is next to useless going forward

If the right money comes in it would be a no-brainer

OleGunnar20

30mil would be good, I'd also imagine from an ffp perspective it would be a really good deal.
Yep agreed. I know we'd be left a little light at the back, but this season is basically a write off already. Play a youngster there, shift Lindelof over, whatever. Then put the time into finding the right RB to take the spot in the summer.