Wan-Bissaka for sale

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
And do what with it?
Are you not aware of the state of our profit sustainability pertaining FFP?

We need to sell in order to have a decent summer. Or even just to avoid point deductions.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
If we're planning to play a high line then we need a different type of player to AWB. He'll need to be a player whose capable to hug the line, whoop a cross and fill the pockets left by the 'winger' who are becoming more like inside forwards then the traditional 80s winger.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

We need to sell in order to have a decent summer. Or even just to avoid point deductions.
It's 20 mill..... How about we actually start being a bit savvy in the market instead of acting like it's the first time we've played Monopoly.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.

Selling AWB now does very little for our summer - it goes on this financial year’s books. You’ve also completely made up the fact we have to sell now to avoid breaching FFP.

Red00012

As much as I want him gone I can’t see him been sold and having one RB for the rest of the season. He needs to be sold in the summer though. Simply not good enough and never was.
He must have been one shit winger in his early days.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tottenham tell them to bounce re ER but desperate United fans will "bite their hands off" for 20 mill AWB :lol:

Roboc7

If we receive an offer of 25-30m it would be stupid not to take it. Unfortunately club is in limbo so I don’t think we’ll sell anyone significant.

Dannn411

£20m?

This place doesn't make any sense....
Nobody is paying that for him in Europe with his current salary compared to his ability. He has more or less been available for 2 years and what is the highest you've heard that anyone has offered for him?

alexanderplatz

Good luck to him - can’t believe an attempt to upgrade wasn’t made last summer given how much the manager speaks about ‘balance’. The right side of the field is practically non functioning from back to front and needs an urgent overhaul.

CloneMC16

Selling our best RB would be a terrible idea.

Don't think AWB would go there, either. Doesn't seem the type for it.

DanClancy

Well thats very subjective, neither are good enough and would be missed. Looks like ETH prefers Dalot and his contract runs until 2028. Wan Bisaka will have one year left this summer so clearly the more likely candidate to leave.

Ollie Derbyshire

I used to think AWB was the better of 2 evils but I can watch he lazy jogs back any long so would be happy to let him go for £30M+.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

He’s a good player. Up and downs but at his best he’s probably the best defensive RB in the league. Saying that I’d sell anyone from this team if the price was right and it was building towards something coherent with an actual footballing plan in mind. I assume we have bigger fires to put out in the meantime but I’m all for change. As things stand we have the most expensive EL squad ever assembled

JJ12

Selling AWB now does very little for our summer - it goes on this financial year’s books. You’ve also completely made up the fact we have to sell now to avoid breaching FFP.
It goes on the last 3 years, so yes it does in fact impact this summer. We are very much in danger of FFP, especially losing money going out of CL early and the unlikelihood of any European football next season.

JJ12

It's 20 mill..... How about we actually start being a bit savvy in the market instead of acting like it's the first time we've played Monopoly.
The 20m was an arbitrary number from a poster, hopefully we can sell for more.

MegadrivePerson

His contract expires in 2025 so he's not going to go for more than about £20 million whenever he goes.

3KDré

I'd keep AWB just to have a player like him that can shut down any winger in the world. It's invaluable.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hopefully, there is some truth to this and we move him on. With his contract situation, I am worried that we are going to offer him a new deal and are going to struck with him like some of the other utterly mediocre players over the last decade. This is the right time and any fees generated would add to our transfer budget in the summer.

JJ12

30m-40m I should think
He’s just signed a new contract I believe
I think something in the region of £30m is fair, his contract runs out in 2025 so this year is the time to sell.

JJ12

30m + add-ons

however if we’re swapping for olise or Eze then he’s worth 45m
I'm hoping it's to Palace to sweeten the pot for Olise. Would be interesting to see what they value him at though

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
30m-40m I should think
He’s just signed a new contract I believe EDIT: nope not yet
We triggered an extension and he'll have only one year remaining on his contract in the summer. We would be lucky to get anything over 20m for him.

Question: Would you rather sell him now or sign him on a new 4+1 year contract?

stevoc

Exactly. I don’t know why everyone just keeps saying “sell them to SA”. Most players won’t want to go there
Probably even less so now than 6 months ago. With so many moving there over the summer word has probably filtered through the players community what it's actually like to live and play out there.

stevoc

I really think AWB is over-rated due to those magnificent saving tackles, but if you ask yourself why is it that every other quality WB manages to defend as well if not better only occasionally going to ground?

I do not dislike AWB in the slightest, he has given us some fantastic duels against top attackers, but I think he would not be missed defensively and is next to useless going forward

If the right money comes in it would be a no-brainer
That is the case for both our right backs.

Neither are good enough to be first choice for where we want to be. Keep one as a back-up and sign someone better.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
We triggered an extension and he'll have only one year remaining on his contract in the summer. We would be lucky to get anything over 20m for him.

Question: Would you rather sell him now or sign him on a new 4+1 year contract?
Unless we have someone lined up I’d sign him to a new deal