Wan-Bissaka for sale

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise every thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.
:(

DON’T PANIC ™

Decent 1v1 defender but not comfortable in possession, not an accurate passer of the ball and he gets a nosebleed when he crosses the halfway line. Sell, sell, sell.

I’d still pick him over Dalot mind you, who isn’t good enough at anything, not even giving high fives, which he has a penchant for doing every time we concede a corner.

dubplate warrior

He's never been good enough, but it's funny to hear the change in tone compared to even up to a week ago.

JakeC

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2020/21
listen cockface...you are the most vile cumstain I've ever encountered on this forum. You monopoloise every thread you come across with some half arsed one liner that would'nt qualify for the Joe Longthorne show and then present yourself like you are the King of comedy on American prime time. You epitimise most of what I detest about the internet...opinions formed at the drop of a hat....petty jokes at the expense of others with no thought for their feelings and most of all the self absorbing egotistical self correction of spelling that really points out to every other poster that the highlight of your day is a wank to "big tit weekly". You dont have the friends here you perceive yourself to have and have the intellect of a gnat and the culmanation of this sceario will be your demise in a slow and agonising manner.
Can't beat the classics.

dubplate warrior

The answer is because you are wrong and probably comparing watching the occasional match with another team and their right back where they happened to not making a mistake and pretending it was 10 games, then comparing it with AWB and how many mistakes he makes over 10 games you actually watch.

Fullbacks make loads of mistakes regularly with the offside trap and in the air or being caught in transition trying to get forward and then their team losing the ball and not being able to get back and help much. AWB gets a lot of flack for it, but non United fullbacks doing the same thing will barely get a mention because posters arent watching those teams every game, or talking about all of those players. Even the players we're linked to and who posters want us to sign, very few posters will actually be aware that they made a mistake and call them out for it on here. A few. But loads and loads of posters will comment about how AWB played.

Most other fullbacks at top clubs make more mistakes because they are just as bad with the offside trap and in the air, but they're also worse at timing challenges, sit off opponents too much because they dont actually enjoy defending or give away more fouls and win the ball less one on one. They also overplay more often so will usually lose the ball more in a poor area. Theres an element of balancing because they are also usually a bit better at passing, crossing and shooting than AWB so they might sometimes be involved in making more goals than AWB. But that isnt always the case. Sometimes AWB picks up several assists and you look at someone who is "better on the ball" and actually they created less chances.
Look at the top clubs in Europe and compare their fullbacks. This is not an attack on him, but just a matter of reality, our right flank is a massive problem and he's been here for 5 years. We need a fresh direction, and that is one without him.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Dalot and Wan Bissaka are both back-up quality but we have no right-back who is top-quality.

If we get a decent offer sell one and invest use the money as part of getting in The Best in Class™

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
AWB and Dalot about equal. For me AWB edges it and he seems more coachable, in very small glimpses he has looked really good going forward....

Zed 101

The answer is because you are wrong and probably comparing watching the occasional match with another team and their right back where they happened to not making a mistake and pretending it was 10 games, then comparing it with AWB and how many mistakes he makes over 10 games you actually watch.

Fullbacks make loads of mistakes regularly with the offside trap and in the air or being caught in transition trying to get forward and then their team losing the ball and not being able to get back and help much. AWB gets a lot of flack for it, but non United fullbacks doing the same thing will barely get a mention because posters arent watching those teams every game, or talking about all of those players. Even the players we're linked to and who posters want us to sign, very few posters will actually be aware that they made a mistake and call them out for it on here. A few. But loads and loads of posters will comment about how AWB played.

Most other fullbacks at top clubs make more mistakes because they are just as bad with the offside trap and in the air, but they're also worse at timing challenges, sit off opponents too much because they dont actually enjoy defending or give away more fouls and win the ball less one on one. They also overplay more often so will usually lose the ball more in a poor area. Theres an element of balancing because they are also usually a bit better at passing, crossing and shooting than AWB so they might sometimes be involved in making more goals than AWB. But that isnt always the case. Sometimes AWB picks up several assists and you look at someone who is "better on the ball" and actually they created less chances.
As you do not know me I am surprised that you think you have the first clue about me.... if you want to disagree with me fine, but beyond that wind your neck in you cheeky muppet!

I have been watching football week in week out at every level for the last 38ish years, you might not agree with me and that is fine I respect other's views and am happy to agree to disagree, live and let live, as such I will not tell you why you are wrong and how you have come to your misguided opinion, good luck to you I wish you well.

I will say this, thinking back over those 38ish years I cannot really bring to mind any RB that we have had at Utd that I would not choose over AWB, he is not a good defender, his positioning is atrocious (IMO!)

Ole'sgunnarwin

Feck yeah.

This squad needs a huge reset, these deals are just going to have to be done.
Exactly, can't believe so many are saying keep. We have to move on from players who have been part of this mess the last 5 years. He's atrocious going forward, we need to find someone else

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Would keep Wan Bissaka for now. We have bigger priorities than right back and our right back situation is just about the only one in the squad that has:
  • A starter and backup at good ages & reasonable wages
  • A good level and competition for the 2 options (not elite, but they aren't bad at all and don't limit us for what we want to be, and with Dalot I could see him slotting into a very good & competent side as a starter once he irons out some consistency issues
  • A reliable fitness record from our 2 options
The scenario of selling Wan Bissaka should only come into play if we get a good bid of like...35mil or more. This way you can both replace him with someone like Dedic as someone else mentioned and take the profit & less wages so it helps sort our other positions out. It makes the group weaker in the short term, but you bring someone in who has big potential and is probably more suited to a system that needs overlapping fullbacks while saving money. But right back in a vacuum, I would leave as is until other areas are sorted.

To actually upgrade on Dalot as a starting right back, we'd need to spend 50m or more, and at that it would be a huge risk and unknown with anybody coming in. Malo Gusto came with a lot of hype to Chelsea and he was the muppet RB option, he goes to Chelsea and is actually not any better than Dalot is. So it's something that people need to keep in mind.

lex talionis

I don't get the hate for AWB. Sure, he's no peak Gary Neville but he's solid enough to get us through while we upgrade other positions.

Ekeke

As you do not know me I am surprised that you think you have the first clue about me.... if you want to disagree with me fine, but beyond that wind your neck in you cheeky muppet!

I have been watching football week in week out at every level for the last 38ish years, you might not agree with me and that is fine I respect other's views and am happy to agree to disagree, live and let live, as such I will not tell you why you are wrong and how you have come to your misguided opinion, good luck to you I wish you well.

I will say this, thinking back over those 38ish years I cannot really bring to mind any RB that we have had at Utd that I would not choose over AWB, he is not a good defender, his positioning is atrocious (IMO!)
You didnt even refute my point you just insulted me. People insult each other when they cannot attack their point. So well done

You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. A United fan posting on a United forum watches Manchester United. You are a liar if you are suggesting you watch any other fullback from any other club as much. And again - you didnt. Because even you know its true even though you're mad about it.

criticalanalysis

I don't get the hate for AWB. Sure, he's no peak Gary Neville but he's solid enough to get us through while we upgrade other positions.
Obviously not every season can be Football Manager so I'd understand the whole 'he's adequate for what we are and his position for now' but at the same time, it's these sort of tricky situations where we need to do better as a club. I personally think Dalot is the more progressive player and should be the defactor starter or backup going forward. AWB is not guaranteed starter level, has a contract ending soon, is of saleable value and hasn't shown much progress or consistent long periods of form for a long while. As I mentioned in my previous post, some of it is not his fault but I think a contract extension is a sidestep at best; at this level and for our aspirations that basically means taking a backstep, something we've been doing for years.

Ekeke

Look at the top clubs in Europe and compare their fullbacks. This is not an attack on him, but just a matter of reality, our right flank is a massive problem and he's been here for 5 years. We need a fresh direction, and that is one without him.
Going forward yes most of them are better. Some just look more elegant but others have real quality going forward and AWB doesn't really. He's average with his crossing and shooting really. There are some that are even worse crossers and shooters though.

And most of them are worse defensively.

Pretty much all of them play with a winger who does better work in the right wing area too. And quite a few play with a winger that tracks back better and leaves their fullback with less 1 vs 1s and double ups. Most of them also play with a better RCB who covers them without an issue

Transplanted into our team we'd be worse defensively and the other RB from a top club would be more frustrated with lack of options and support. They'd still be better going forward for sure mostly due to individual play, but they're used to their teammates being better on the right side helping them so they'd wish they were back at their previous club

dazjoe

Depends on the money offered. He's a decent player; not good enough to be a starter at a top club (but then neither is Dalot) but can be used as a useful squad option. I wouldn't just give him away on the cheap, but if 25M offered then it would have to be considered.

it's all about maximizing the money coming in, if a new RB is on the cards and one of Dalot or AWB is to leave, then the money we could get for one vs the other has to be considered a major factor in the decision.

Reactions: Cheimoon
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
That’s the problem with this site… too many people sitting on the fence and not telling us what they truly think.

f.w.I.w. I don’t rate AWB but would just about keep him over Dalot

redcucumber

I reckon they are good enough for backup. If there was a slam dunk signing I'd be all for it, but correct me if I'm wrong, there isn't? Therefore, for me, we have more pressing issues....
Yeh, I'd happily take either as backup (and to provide decent competition) if they are happy with that role.

redcucumber

:lol: iconic

Red00012

It’s not hate it’s been realistic . Take away his defensive 1v1 abilities he offers feck all else . His positioning is brutal and he looks lost in the opposition half even though he started out as a winger. If we want to continue with mediocrity like him we are going nowhere .

Ekeke

It’s not hate it’s been realistic . Take away his defensive 1v1 abilities he offers feck all else . His positioning is brutal and he looks lost in the opposition half even though he started out as a winger. If we want to continue with mediocrity like him we are going nowhere .

Take away a goalscorer's goals and they offer feck all else. Oh no

dubplate warrior

Going forward yes most of them are better. Some just look more elegant but others have real quality going forward and AWB doesn't really. He's average with his crossing and shooting really. There are some that are even worse crossers and shooters though.

And most of them are worse defensively.

Pretty much all of them play with a winger who does better work in the right wing area too. And quite a few play with a winger that tracks back better and leaves their fullback with less 1 vs 1s and double ups. Most of them also play with a better RCB who covers them without an issue

Transplanted into our team we'd be worse defensively and the other RB from a top club would be more frustrated with lack of options and support. They'd still be better going forward for sure mostly due to individual play, but they're used to their teammates being better on the right side helping them so they'd wish they were back at their previous club
You make some good points, and I agree that all players are better when a team is the sum of its parts. However, ultimately for United to be a team that dominates the opposition and not be such a reactive side, we need players better going forward and more comfortable and accomplished on the ball.

Teja

Honestly I'd rather have AwB as backup than Dalot. Brings that defensive solidity and ability to defend 1v1 against wingers and allows some tactical flexibility. No one wanting Dalot probably tips the scales.

Woziak

Would keep Wan Bissaka for now. We have bigger priorities than right back and our right back situation is just about the only one in the squad that has:
  • A starter and backup at good ages & reasonable wages
  • A good level and competition for the 2 options (not elite, but they aren't bad at all and don't limit us for what we want to be, and with Dalot I could see him slotting into a very good & competent side as a starter once he irons out some consistency issues
  • A reliable fitness record from our 2 options
The scenario of selling Wan Bissaka should only come into play if we get a good bid of like...35mil or more. This way you can both replace him with someone like Dedic as someone else mentioned and take the profit & less wages so it helps sort our other positions out. It makes the group weaker in the short term, but you bring someone in who has big potential and is probably more suited to a system that needs overlapping fullbacks while saving money. But right back in a vacuum, I would leave as is until other areas are sorted.

To actually upgrade on Dalot as a starting right back, we'd need to spend 50m or more, and at that it would be a huge risk and unknown with anybody coming in. Malo Gusto came with a lot of hype to Chelsea and he was the muppet RB option, he goes to Chelsea and is actually not any better than Dalot is. So it's something that people need to keep in mind.
Excellent post but I would go one stage further and say we have one great LB but hugely injury prone, Luke Shaw plus two decent Right backs, we should get smart in the market use Alvaro Fernandes in sell with a buy back, we sold Jurado this summer plus the under 18 LB Harry Amass who will be available in a few years. We actually need two attacking full backs, one left and one right whilst we keep Shaw, AWB and Dalot who can play left or right plus in midfield. The club needs to look at all the defensive positions and probably come to the conclusion we need 9 Top rate Defenders ; since I’d only keep the 3 mentioned plus L Martinez And maybe use Willy Kambalia as a 10th player coming through we need to sell ; Lindelof, Maguire, Varane, Malacia, Alvaro Fernandez(buy back clause) I would even keep Johnny Evans as back up for one more year as his wages are £25k per week.

We need to sell some of the youth to allow us the budget we will need in the summer. I think we will spend £200-300m net but we’ll be really smart with some loan to buy deals for following year. It’s clear we need more creativity from the wing backs so I expect us to go after 2 of those ; Dumfries/J Frimpong and T Hernandez/J Espinosa. That will cost £80m, we’ll do a loan to buy Todibo deal for £7m loan, with an obligation to buy for £45m, then we will go get another CB that maybe know ones heard of, They may even keep Maguire this summer just to fill the homegrown stats and swap him for Braithwaite in 2025. Again a lot of this will be decided by the New DOF but I can see a huge clear out however I think Shaw, Dalot definitely stay and AWB may also stay?

glasgow 21

Shaw has value ( just about) and I would sell now to get max value before the drop off in standard and further injuries. There is a right time to sell Shaw and if after a good Euro that could be primetime.

Red Devil 26

Premature Examination
Another one of our players that I find hard to like. Hate that casual jog back he does when he's caught out of position. Bang average at both ends of the pitch and would happily see him gone.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It goes on the last 3 years, so yes it does in fact impact this summer. We are very much in danger of FFP, especially losing money going out of CL early and the unlikelihood of any European football next season.
We are not very much in danger of breaching FFP - as things stand we won’t - we just can’t afford much in the way of permanent transfers this January as we’re close to the limit largely to do with the 150m+ COVID impacted losses which will be removed from the 3 year period from the summer onwards. You’ve completely fabricated the idea we need to sell players this summer just to avoid a points deduction.

lex talionis

A defender who defends? I understand we want more, but in the hierarchy of priorities this isn’t anywhere near the top of the list.

But yeah, I’d love to bring in an upgrade. Who do we have in mind?

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Class? He's bang average! He's a Crystal Palace/ West ham level player.

Neither him or Dalot would get anywhere near City or Liverpool.
Actually, he already did Crystal Palace and was a standout there. And both he and Dalot could play for City or Liverpool, their players are not superhuman, they are just good teams. Wan Bissaka is unique, just because he doesn’t have the same strengths as another right back, those RBs don’t have the same qualities as him either.

And Kyle Walker is a bang average player if we’re using that terminology, and is basically just a cheat code by being almost impossible to get past, and if you do, then impossible to stay past. That’s it. He is not a ‘can move into the centre of midfield and play’ type of full back, he’s not even a link up on the outside full back. At best, his offensive contribution is to kick the ball 30 yards in front of him and try to outsprint his man.

And Trent is not the technical bar to play at full back either. He’s a unique player with the ability of a top class midfielder and far inferior defensive skills to AWB. People don’t know how to assess a player within a context. If fecking Zinchenko can play at full back for City then ours can easily do the same.

Red00012

A defender who defends? I understand we want more, but in the hierarchy of priorities this isn’t anywhere near the top of the list.

But yeah, I’d love to bring in an upgrade. Who do we have in mind?
A lot of the times he’s faced with 1v1’s is due to his lack of positioning in the 1st place and throw in his strolling back to his position and you’ve got a really poor RB who we now classify as he’s ok or he does enough. my choice would be Frimpong with Leverkusen. It would be a huge upgrade