Wan-Bissaka for sale

Alex B

Strange one for me. Good age and in certain situations a great right back. And seemingly OK being 2nd choice. But has some sale value and only a year left on contract. If he is willing to renew on lower wages I would keep, if not probably best to try and sell now

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Strange one for me. Good age and in certain situations a great right back. And seemingly OK being 2nd choice. But has some sale value and only a year left on contract. If he is willing to renew on lower wages I would keep, if not probably best to try and sell now
He should be fighting for a contract renewal but this is the worst form we've seen from him in a long time. I reckon he's already gone. Feels like he's phoning it in.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
We need someone to cover and compete against Dalot with a player with a similar skillset.
AWB and Dalot are two widely different fullbacks. The right hand side drastically changes when he replaces Dalot. And that, obviously, effects the team to.
Sorry, he has to go this summer.

Alex B

He should be fighting for a contract renewal but this is the worst form we've seen from him in a long time. I reckon he's already gone. Feels like he's phoning it in.
Yeh he has been poor. He has been put at LB and CB though too which will have an affect

Andy_Cole

Strange as he was the standout performer vs Liverpool in the FA Cup was it?

Red00012

Excellent one on one defender and improved technically. Just too passive for my liking, doesn't seem to 'want it'

Ultimately, like many of his colleagues not good enough, hopefully get £30m for him
How excellent was he for Arsenal’s goal last weekend ? He doesn’t come near any “excellent” attributes . Darmian was better than him

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Looking forward to seeing him play for someone else.

Mike Smalling

I'd put him in the same category as the likes of McTominay and Lindelöf. We can keep him as a squad/bench option, but he shouldn't be a starter. If we get a good offer we should strongly consider taking it, and contract renewals should pretty much be off the table. The only logic for keeping these players around is that we can't shift out 75% of the squad in one window, and there are players that are higher priority to get rid off, because they have higher salaries or are older. So if we don't sell him this summer, we should let him go in a year.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Nah, tired of mediocre players being a 'bench' option for us.
Move them on. Bring in technically efficient, effective players if you're looking solely for bench/ squad options.

Based Adnan

Your second choices should be able to come in with minimal disruption when the first choice isn't playing.

When you have a player with a completely different skillset to your first choice this isn't possible. Why bother keeping him as a back up?

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
How excellent was he for Arsenal’s goal last weekend ? He doesn’t come near any “excellent” attributes . Darmian was better than him
He's an excellent one on one defender - that's pretty clear.

The Arsenal goal has nothing to do with a one on one dual, he fell asleep at the back post - one of his many shortcomings.

I didn't say he was an excellent player, he's actually pretty average.

He's better than Darmian though.

Last edited:

SungSam7

Nah, tired of mediocre players being a 'bench' option for us.
Move them on. Bring in technically efficient, effective players if you're looking solely for bench/ squad options.
Can't replace a whole starting 11 in one go. However, if RB I'd priority, then sell him and have Dalot fight for the RB place. But think the defense, LB, LW, midfield and Striker need upgrading.

Amad and Antony is not good enough, sell Antony, have Amad fight for the RW with someone. Rashford and Garnacho on the LW.

Erikson and Casemiro need replacing with younger and better legs. A striker that will compete with Hojlund, that's a crazy amount of players to sign.

But here we are, end of the season, not a sniff of possible interest other than Tobido.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
26. Played 250 PL games for a top 6 side. Not on an big contract. English. Yet we will struggle to get £20 mill for him this summer. Probably tells you what you need to know about his level and standing among professionals.

Varun1

He's an excellent one on one defender - that's pretty clear.

I didn't say he was an excellent player, he's actually pretty average.

He's better than Darmian though.
He's not a good one on one defender though, he's just really good at tackling.
Even now I find it amazing that a former RW is so poor at crossing, maybe why he was moved to RB.

Just another player who has barely improved in the past few years.

But yeah, Darmian was even worse.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
That is the crux of it and why we need to move him on.

He came here with some promise, being an outstanding tackler, but hasn't moved beyond that really and we need more.

We will probably miss that tackling ability, though.

Red_toad

He's not a good one on one defender though, he's just really good at tackling.
Even now I find it amazing that a former RW is so poor at crossing, maybe why he was moved to RB.

But yeah, Darmian was even worse.
Oddly many ex pro's and coaches disagree with your opinion.

Demaw

Watched a recent linked youth academy clip on Crystal Palace and his 50 million was put towards the building of their 30 million youth academy. :rolleyes:

They also mention not buying Sancho's for 80 million. Interesting watch.