Wan-Bissaka for sale

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
Excellent one on one defender and improved technically. Just too passive for my liking, doesn't seem to 'want it'

Ultimately, like many of his colleagues not good enough, hopefully get £30m for him

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Excellent one on one defender and improved technically. Just too passive for my liking, doesn't seem to 'want it'

Ultimately, like many of his colleagues not good enough, hopefully get £30m for him
He's one of the most un-United players you have. I’d even say he goes against the grain of most modern full backs. Any Prem team playing wing backs would surely not even consider him, so he needs to find a manager who plays a traditional 4-4-2 with wingers getting forward in wide areas. Footballers can (and do) change how they play, but you’ve had him 5 years. If it was going to happen it surely would have.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Doubt this is true as it doesnt even make much sense.... hes been about as bad as eveyone else has (and will be until we fix the bigger issues)

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
He’s dreadful. I’d take pretty much any fee we could get for him, but you’d think he’s someone with a bit of sell on value.

Didn’t know he was 26 though, thought he was about 23.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
AWB doesn't make overlapping runs, he doesn't cross into the box, he runs out of ideas in the final 3rd, and passes the ball backwards. I watch him from my seat at Old Trafford every week. Defensively, he is often out of position, cannot hold a line with the back 4, cannot defend the back post for corners or crosses.

You only have to watch Coventry's 4 goals at Wembley. AWB was involved in all of them. Lost his man for the first cross. Turned his back and deflected the ball into his own net, gave a penalty away, and for the forth, he was a toenail away from playing them onside. All the other defenders were playing a higher line.

your argument/point has changed. I am specifically calling you up on saying "he has a nosebleed when he crosses the halfway line" and "he cannot beat a man". Both of which are hyperbolic nonsense. Just admit it and lets move on.

DanClancy

If he had 2 years left on his contract then you could make a case for him staying but he's only got 1 year left on his deal, clearly doesn't deserve a new contract. He's just not good enough, Everton could well be a club that would be interested in him so might work if we're in for Branthwaite.

Born2Lose

Recollections of Ten Hag trying to get rid of McTominay in the Summer before he went on to be a first team regular for him.

Don't mind him going, but he's a regular first teamer at the moment, well run clubs sign the replacements first then ditch the deadwood.

Wheato

your argument/point has changed. I am specifically calling you up on saying "he has a nosebleed when he crosses the halfway line" and "he cannot beat a man". Both of which are hyperbolic nonsense. Just admit it and lets move on.
The first point is a figure of speech, which you use to describe players who have no attacking ability. They are not creative, or pose an attacking threat. AWB is one of these types of players.

Can anybody on here, and I mean 'ANYBODY', recall a time in the last 5 seasons where AWB beat a man to create a scoring opportunity. Or even scored a goal after beating a man? Or beat a man and crossed a ball into the box?

*Tumbleweed*

honirelandboy

He falls into the list of players not good enough for United, Lindelof, Mount, Eriksen, Casemiro, McTominay, Martial, Anthony.

If we got a decent offer of 25 Million it would be a no brainer to let him go if we have a decent player lined up to replace. Is a right back a priorty for us? I don't think so when we badly need two new center midfielders, a CB and striker. His positioning is atrocious and just not good enough technically.

Probably a good time to start the clear out this year with no European football. We need to get rid of passengers and a mass clearout is needed if we want to get champions league football next season.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
It's the same story with all our players every year. Over the course of the season everyone wants them sold (for good reason), then when the season comes to an end people start saying "I wouldn't mind keeping him another year as a squad player".

tomaldinho1

It's the same story with all our players every year. Over the course of the season everyone wants them sold (for good reason), then when the season comes to an end people start saying "I wouldn't mind keeping him another year as a squad player".
The reality is he's fine as a squad player, there are far worse issues in the team than having AWB as a 2nd choice RB. Yes, he cost big money but - let's think about it - £50m for 5+ years of service on a not too ridiculous wage isn't the end of the world. It's not good business but it's not terrible.

Even better if he is settled and happy to maybe go onto a new deal on lower terms.

golden_blunder

Staff
The first point is a figure of speech, which you use to describe players who have no attacking ability. They are not creative, or pose an attacking threat. AWB is one of these types of players.

Can anybody on here, and I mean 'ANYBODY', recall a time in the last 5 seasons where AWB beat a man to create a scoring opportunity. Or even scored a goal after beating a man? Or beat a man and crossed a ball into the box?

*Tumbleweed*

Don’t misunderstand a change of tactical instructions for lack of skills. Hes one of United’s best players at holding onto the ball

hes only been a RB for about 7 years. He was a winger at Crystal Palace before they trued him as a RB.

Wheato

Don’t misunderstand a change of tactical instructions for lack of skills. Hes one of United’s best players at holding onto the ball

hes only been a RB for about 7 years. He was a winger at Crystal Palace before they trued him as a RB.
Hahahahahaha, you are on some sort of wind up?

Aaron Wan Bissaka - Full PL Stats for CPFC & MUFC
170 appearances
19% cross accuracy
5 through balls
13 assists
2 goals

Most decent wingers can hit those stats in one season. This is across AWB's entire career.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
The reality is he's fine as a squad player, there are far worse issues in the team than having AWB as a 2nd choice RB. Yes, he cost big money but - let's think about it - £50m for 5+ years of service on a not too ridiculous wage isn't the end of the world. It's not good business but it's not terrible.

Even better if he is settled and happy to maybe go onto a new deal on lower terms.
He's not though, because when you have to play him, the way you set your right hand side up completely changes. You need to have a profile that fits how you're trying to shape your team, because when you rotate or an injury happens, the whole team goes lopsided.

golden_blunder

Staff

170 appearances
19% cross accuracy
5 through balls
13 assists
2 goals

Most decent wingers can hit those stats in one season. This is across AWB's entire career.
You said give you one example of him beating a man and crossing. Unless you’re blind, I win

jesperjaap

Dissapointing. Personally and I was in a minority at the time, thought he was a great signing and had all the tools to be Englands first choice with the right development here.

He has improved aspects, but too many flaws not been ironed out. He has become a very expensive good squad option,wont become a quality first choice and should be sold now.

Still could say the exact same thing though not as oostly about our other right back that is getting laudedstrangelywhen although a different player, isa similar age I believe and has several of the same floors too

RikRuud

Sell AwB, buy an attacking rb..like Frimpong ?
Frimpong is a tricky one. Think he'd be left exposed in a back 4. He often gets covered by his CB for Leverkusen as they play 3 at the back. Think he'd be better as a RW for us. If Wan Bissaka is indeed leaving he could be utilized in a deal with any of the Crystal Palace players we are interested in.

Irwin99

Sell AwB, buy an attacking rb..like Frimpong ?
His goals stats seem outrageous for a full back and considering how Dalot and AwB sometimes find themselves the furthest players forward in this crazy system, it might not be a bad shout. A worry defensively though, as others have stated.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And people write these long lists of exits each summer, forgetting we often struggle to bring 3 or 4 in each summer, let alone triple that.

Roboc7

And this is what has to stop, he’s not good enough and is way too limited. He either gets sold this summer or leaves on a free next summer, either way you have to sign a replacement.

He has virtually no use as a squad player other than just being an extra body, giving him a new contract would be idiotic and if the club did it would show they’ve learnt nothing. He’s deadwood not a squad player.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

170 appearances
19% cross accuracy
5 through balls
13 assists
2 goals

Neville has 5 goals and 35 assists in 400 appearances across his premier league career and he’s considered the one of the greatest premier league right backs.

Pickle85

Neville has 5 goals and 35 assists in 400 appearances across his premier league career and he’s considered the one of the greatest premier league right backs.
In fairness the game, and the fullback's role in it, have changed significantly since then.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The people saying 30m are living on another planet.
Great defender in one-on-one situations but he is so slow and lazy positionally(offence or defence).

Borys

Statistics Wizard
Weird guy, I never warmed up to him so to speak, always seemed disconnected from the entire team. We should definitely cash in, although he is a decent fullback.

afrocentricity

*Tumbleweed*
Can you name anyone else who does any of this lately?

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
In fairness the game, and the fullback's role in it, have changed significantly since then.
Luke Shaw has 17 assists and 3 goals in 251 appearances. Similar rate to Wan Bissaka. I’m not saying Wan Bissaka is as effective attacking wise as either Shaw or even Neville but those numbers don’t really make that case.

Pickle85

Luke Shaw has 17 assists and 3 goals in 251 appearances. Similar rate to Wan Bissaka. I’m not saying Wan Bissaka is as effective attacking wise as either Shaw or even Neville but those numbers don’t really make that case.
Fair point re the comparison stats-wise but AWB shortcomings going forward are pretty obvious just from watching him play. Yet another average player that we overpaid for. Hopefully a trend that stops with the new senior management team.

afrocentricity

This is a bit of an unfair comparison considering Neville had Beckham in front of him for the vast majority games.
He's obviously not as bad as some of you/them make out, that much is obviouse and it only hinders your points most of the time as.... why exaggerate?

He's in poor form, this is obvious so it's whether you rated him when he was in form (I did) and whether you think there is as much potential upside as there would be if you sold him and replaced him with the money you recieved. Personally I don't see huge upside. Why are we doing it, to save money? Too make room in the squad? Because he's a toxic player? I can't see a compelling reason to take the risk.

If someone fully displaces him next season then ok he can go if he wants. Who would that be? A new signing? A promotion? Who knows....

For me.... He stays for now

Djemba-Djemba

Hes in atrocious form but even at his best he's nowhere near good enough.

One year left on his contract, giving him a new contract would be a shocking decision. Let's sell him and get some money.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Hes in atrocious form but even at his best he's nowhere near good enough.

One year left on his contract, giving him a new contract would be a shocking decision. Let's sell him and get some money.
Exactly.

We simply have to let him go if there is a buyer. Giving a player of his quality an extension would be a shocking decision. Get whatever money we can and invest in it someone younger who can prove to be a good rotational option with Dalot.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
He's obviously not as bad as some of you/them make out, that much is obviouse and it only hinders your points most of the time as.... why exaggerate?

He's in poor form, this is obvious so it's whether you rated him when he was in form (I did) and whether you think there is as much potential upside as there would be if you sold him and replaced him with the money you recieved. Personally I don't see huge upside. Why are we doing it, to save money? Too make room in the squad? Because he's a toxic player? I can't see a compelling reason to take the risk.

If someone fully displaces him next season then ok he can go if he wants. Who would that be? A new signing? A promotion? Who knows....

For me.... He stays for now
It's not his poor form that is the issue though, it's the wild swings in performance and you can't rely on which Wan Bissaka will turn up. He has the potential to shut down world class wingers on his day, but then he can't control a ball the next game and is playing everyone onside. That's not a good player to have in your squad. You need a more consistent performer, even if his top performances aren't as good as Wan Bissaka's best.