Wan-Bissaka for sale

OldSchoolManc

Not that I’d trust The Sun to tell me that water was wet, but is there anything in this? Is the technical management side of United actually starting to work?

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

The Sun article goes on to say "Wan-Bissaka, 26, has a year left on his deal but Manchester United are willing to listen to cut-price offers". Surely we can't be letting him say his farewell then? Otherwise we're opening ourselves up to clubs offering us pennies for him. And lets we say don't receive any cut-price offers for him, does he stay with us for another year after saying his goodbyes?

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think RB is the position we are probably most stocked in. Obviously I’d be into upgrading all the positions eventually but hopefully not at the cost of another more pressing position this summer. I like AWB for games where we will be defending more

Based Adnan

Didn’t we only activate an extra year extension on his contract a few months ago?
Better to do that and get a small fee for him this summer then have him move on a free. We HAVE to move him on though otherwise the extension is just repeating the same old mistakes. Extending to maintain value and then just having them stay at the club and stink out the place.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Good riddance. Not good enough for a club who wants to get to the top.

Bertie Wooster

Hope it's true so that we can bring in a better quality option to battle it out with Dalot.

However with so many ins and outs needed - and so many areas in even more urgent need of addressing - then I could cope with keeping those two for one more season while we address the more pressing problems first.

But if we get those done this summer, and get round to an upgrade on AWB, then that would be great.

Footyislife

But actually, it's not.
He's not great but also not bad. I think he can develop his technical side and be a decent backup. I would look at LB first and we have so many other glaring needs. Unless we are broke and someone is making a great offer I wouldn't do this. Its going to cost more to replace him.

Bertie Wooster

He's not great but also not bad. I think he can develop his technical side and be a decent backup. I would look at LB first and we have so many other glaring needs. Unless we are broke and someone is making a great offer I wouldn't do this. Its going to cost more to replace him.
It probably will. But hopefully that's because we'd be looking at an upgrade that is better than either of AWB and Dalot. So selling AWB would help fund some of that upgrade and we should then have a stronger RB department. Just depends how much we get for him and how much we'd have to pay for the upgrade - and how good a choice we make as the replacement.

Though, like you (and I and many others) have said, we've got so many other issues to address as well so sticking with Dalot and AWB for another season while we address those other areas first would be a valid call as well.

marktan

I don't like him as a player but letting him go on a free would be a bad move. Unlike the other two at least he's actually available most of the time

Martial

I'd have some optimism in the future if the likes of Wan Bissaka, who cost 50m but poor technically, are being let go.

The only issue is Hojlund, who cost 72m, also fits in that category.

Blood Mage

A shame such elite tackling was wasted on such a brainless and technically poor player. He'll never be good enough so good decision if this is true.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
We’ve already replaced him with Dalot. Now its about finding an upgrade on him who’s much better.

dazjoe

A shame such elite tackling was wasted on such a brainless and technically poor player. He'll never be good enough so good decision if this is true.
He's a player out of his time. If he was playing in the 70's or 80's I think he'd be considered one of the best around. Everyone played 4-4-2 and the full backs only real job was to go toe to toe against their winger and not let him get past. Few better at that than AWB, but unfortunately for him in today's game full backs have to be so much more.
15M for him is a good deal

Redivy

I like AWB, but an elite club would have two right-backs that operate in similar functions to allow us to be able to interchange them without needing to amend the system.

Geertruida from Feyenoord would be a very interesting prospect. Jordan Teze from PSV likewise.

Having a right back pairing of Dalot and Geertruida would allow us to rotate effectively as well as play three at the back if we need to.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
About time.
Nice guy, good athlete, terrible footballer.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Romano has been reporting about a potential swap with Dumfries, which I'd be fine with. Getting him out is a priority for me.

Brophs

The One and Only
He may not be good going forward, but he sure is terrible positionally.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Romano has been reporting about a potential swap with Dumfries, which I'd be fine with. Getting him out is a priority for me.
Isn't Dumfries basically the same player with a similar athletic ability and low technical skills?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I'm not sure who he'd interest.
He's the most clumsy of Footballers and offers next to nothing offensively.
Defensively he's isn't so great either.

SER19

Perfectly competent sub right back. We'll do well to buy a rb back up for whatever small fee we get

Mike Smalling

I'm not sure who he'd interest.
He's the most clumsy of Footballers and offers next to nothing offensively.
Defensively he's isn't so great either.
I don't actually think it would be much of a problem to offload him, if we are not overly ambitious on the price. For £15m or so, I imagine there will be a few midtable clubs interested.