Wan Bissaka injured by our death trap pitch side set up

Player Red

I'm 100% sure RVP also smashed into something and was down for quite some time as well. Was that at OT or another arena?

Edit, it was at QPR away, similarly to the one at OT.
I remember someone falling into a camera pit or something similar. Thought it was RVP.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
We need to use it to our advantage. I'd raise it up even more, make the fall more steep.

Leave very little room around the white lines for players trying to run up for corners and long throws.
Brilliant mate.
Ensure that we never score from any of those again, and maximise injuries to our own boys.

You're obviously a very keen thinker :drool:

Tarrou

I’ve always wondered why they don’t fix the slope, it can’t be that hard to fix surely?

you have to run up a hill to take a corner

OverratedOpinion

I worked in landscape gardening as a kid and it would be incredibly cheap to fix this, astounding that it has never been done.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I’ve always wondered why they don’t fix the slope, it can’t be that hard to fix surely?

you have to run up a hill to take a corner
Someone said the steep slope is necessary for drainage. What I don’t get is why they have a landing zone featuring bricks and hardwood hording. Seems crazy that they couldn’t at least lay down some padding when a match is played.

Brophs

The One and Only
West Ham are doing pretty well at the moment. We should buy their running track and that way the advertising hoardings will be quarter of a mile away.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Injuries aside it has to make players fractionally less willing to bust a gut to cut back a ball when we’re attacking the Stretford End. AWB will think twice from now on anyway. Such a stupid oversight. Type of detail you’d expect a top manager to make a fuss about.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Well, yes.

They appear to be indicating that I said something that I didn’t say.
Its an overexaggeration of your quoted comment. Maybe my attempt at humor fell about as flat as complaing about people who point out potential hazards in hope that they can be improved upon before something happens.

K Stand Knut

Its an overexaggeration of your quoted comment. Maybe my attempt at humor fell about as flat as complaing about people who point out potential hazards in hope that they can be improved upon before something happens.
ok. And this whole thread is based on an over-exaggeration of a problem with Old Trafford.

One potentially bad situation doesn’t make a massive problem.

Wilt

“Death trap” :rolleyes:

Players are far more likely to be injured colliding with a goal post.

Camilo

There haven't been any serious injuries, so it's proven safe. Leave it

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Just read Wan Bissaka had to be stretchered off after colliding with the advertisement boards at the end of the game.

I've been saying for a long long time that that massive drop off at the side of the pitch at Old Trafford is an accident waiting to happen, I'm surprised there aren't alot more serious injuries due to it.
When a player is running at full speed to keep the ball in (as AWB was last night) there's just not enough space to stop yourself before you come to that massive dip which I think (I maybe wrong) then features concrete, bricks and advertising boards.
As I said, it's a really dangerous layout that needs sorted asap.
The fact there hasn't been more injuries than there have suggests your post is way OTT

The Irish Connection

I agree, it seems a bit amateurish as much as anything. It surely hinders player’ run ups for corners too, not sure if they fixed it in the corner flag area.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Its time to change it for a lava pit. It would look so much cooler