g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | 2012-14 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrumpet

There are no words
still think he's off. moyes won't have gone out and said "yeah he wants out, so we'll let him" and risk getting a pittance for him.

not overly arsed though tbh.

I don't think so, he wasn't just saying that we don't want to sell, he said we won't sell. Moyes seems pretty determined to try make it work whether Rooney wants to go or not.

Cina

As has been said, it's pretty obvious that Rooney still wants to leave. It's just been made clear by everyone that United don't want to sell him and expect him to be professional about it.

Now the big question is this: Is an unmotivated Rooney really worth keeping? By saying he's not for sale, are we really just saying that we won't be letting him go for cheap? Everyone has their price and £60m+ for Rooney I think would be good business if reinvested well.
Except there's no way in hell we'd get anything close to that.

Brwned

Have you ever been in love before?
Ronaldo was average in the first couple of months after the injury (though I don't think that he was as shit as Rooney versus Swansea and in some other games) but he was excellent in the second part.

And when Rooney got 11 goals and 4 assists in 14 games between January and March including 6 winners, 1 equaliser and another couple of goals which were doubles v Reading and City in 1 goal wins weren't evidence of Rooney in great form? I think there were a handful of games at most where Ronaldo was anywhere near his best, much like Rooney last year. It's just much more distant so people don't scrutinise it in the same way.

Cina

I'm not sure what people were expecting him to say. "Yeah, he wants to go, we'll sell him to the higher bidder."

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
What's that Vida? Rooney's in his best shape in years in preparation for leaving Manchester United for somebody else?

What respect for his new team there.

Cina

I think it is now obvious he is staying.
It's not really though.

Like I said, that's pretty much what Moyes was going to say regardless. He's not going to say in his first press conference that our most well known and high profile player wants to leave and is up for sale to other clubs.

acnumber9

And when Rooney got 11 goals and 4 assists in 14 games between January and March including 6 winners, 1 equaliser and another couple of goals which were doubles v Reading and City in 1 goal wins weren't evidence of Rooney in great form? I think there were a handful of games at most where Ronaldo was anywhere near his best, much like Rooney last year. It's just much more distant so people don't scrutinise it in the same way.
Ronaldo was better than Rooney in the circumstances being compared. No great surprise given that he's a much better player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
People aren't actually going to take "we won't sell him" at face value, are they? It seems clear from the way Moyes answered the questions that Rooney hasn't said he wants to stay. If he decides he wants to go then the club will obviously sell him. So, pretty much what we already thought.

Steven Seagull

Ferguson said Wayne wasn't going to be sold. Moyes said Wayne wasn't going to be sold.

Caf reaction: he's off.

The fact that Rooney is in shape, training hard and looks happy is enough for me. I don't know what will happen with his contract but I think he'll have been told by his agent to make himself unsellable. He's being coy. I'm not remotely arsed what he does if he's at 100% on the pitch.

kps88

A simple "Wayne wants to stay" would have sorted it all out. The fact that he kept dodging that question means nothing's sorted yet. No one asked how well he's been training.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
People aren't actually going to take "we won't sell him" at face value, are they? It seems clear from the way Moyes answered the questions that Rooney hasn't said he wants to stay. If he decides he wants to go then the club will obviously sell him. So, pretty much what we already thought.
Yeah, a journalist asked if Rooney has said he wants to stay and Moyes replied with something like "He's been training brilliantly."

He's gone if we get a decent offer.

Man-United

Rooney still wants to leave it seem, but we won't sell him so he has to move on and do a job for us for his £140.000/week wages..

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
The fact that Rooney is in shape, training hard and looks happy is enough for me. I don't know what will happen with his contract but I think he'll have been told by his agent to make himself unsellable. He's being coy. I'm not remotely arsed what he does if he's at 100% on the pitch.
Well except that he probably put in this effort in the gym with another club in mind [assuming that Moyes and Vidic aren't stretching the truth somewhat].

kps88

I bet he's in terrible shape and we're just saying otherwise to trick someone into buying him for a high price. We must be feeding him burgers and beers in the cafeteria.

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Well I think Wayne wants off and Moyes is trying to get the most money he can out of him tbh. That's what I take from that.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Hes training brilliantly.....oh well how kind of him.....its not as if that's what he is paid to be doing....no.....hang on!

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Come on he went on about him becoming a legend scoring goals bla bla, also said what happened with SAF is in the past he is obviously staying
If Rooney had told Moyes he was staying then why did Moyes dodge the question when he was asked? That indicates that Rooney hasn't told Moyes he wants to stay, so Moyes doesn't know for sure what Rooney will decide. If Rooney decides he wants to go then we will sell him. How many times have we heard "the club won't sell X" before a player gets sold? You'd have to be unbelievably naive to take what Moyes says at face value.

Steven Seagull

Well except that he probably put in this effort in the gym with another club in mind [assuming that Moyes and Vidic aren't stretching the truth somewhat].
I don't agree he's done anything with another club in mind. That's all just guesswork.

I don't assume that they're stretching the truth. It's possible but logic would point to Rooney staying at this point in time. I'll give Moyes the benefit of the doubt here. I want Rooney to stay and find his form so I'd rather not search deeply for negatives. Where else is Rooney going to go? Where else does he want to go?

finneh

I have to say it sounds like we're basically saying he isn't moving for a cut price fee.

It seems clear that he still wants to leave, which means that he isn't going to sign a new contract. Given his value we aren't going to let him run his contract down. The way I see it is that this could well drag on and on.

I imagine a situation where Chelsea, City, PSG or Madrid haven't brought a top striker in by late August and come up with a significant (£30-35m+) offer. If not a high offer in January is always a possibility.

From the start I said there were two options: he signs a new contract (2 year extension or more) or he leaves. Whether this occurs this Summer or in January who knows.

Gazza

Feels like the same sounds as when RVP was leaving Arsenal and went to their pre-season training camp... "He's training well" but no word as to where his heads at.

Hectic

Supports
30fps
Do people still want Wayne if he doesn't actually want to be here, which seems to be the case?

Dominos

As has been said, it's pretty obvious that Rooney still wants to leave. It's just been made clear by everyone that United don't want to sell him and expect him to be professional about it.

Now the big question is this: Is an unmotivated Rooney really worth keeping? By saying he's not for sale, are we really just saying that we won't be letting him go for cheap? Everyone has their price and £60m+ for Rooney I think would be good business if reinvested well.
Pretty big assumption that he's not motivated... Especially given everything Moyes said in the presser goes against that notion.

Platato

Psst!
Feels like the same sounds as when RVP was leaving Arsenal and went to their pre-season training camp... "He's training well" but no word as to where his heads at.
Exactly right. There were murmurs he was training well and set to sign a new contract. We all know what happened there. Sir Alex once said he wouldn't sell Real Madrid a virus.

If Rooney wants to stay, then fantastic. However, Moyes didn't hint that Rooney said he wants to stay. This concerns me. As for now, he's not for sale and my suspicion is we'll sell him to the highest bidder.

Status
Not open for further replies.