Wayne Rooney - Derby County player

Chipper

Adulterer.
Thread title needs to be updated.

Seems to have gotten off to a good start. Read an interview about his approach to team selection and coaching. Seems a sensible way to get player reactions and try to drive some improvement in the squad.

Anyone else following this?
I didn't even know he was doing the job on his own now, just catching up. Last time I checked he was 1 of 4 and they were doing awful. Saw some Derby fan saying that Rooney coming to the club was a terrible decision because of the money they were paying him and that they were going down.

Things certainly seem a bit better now he's the main man on his own. Hope he does well. Tough game against Brentford coming up.

Green_Red

I didn't even know he was doing the job on his own now, just catching up. Last time I checked he was 1 of 4 and they were doing awful. Saw some Derby fan saying that Rooney coming to the club was a terrible decision because of the money they were paying him and that they were going down.

Things certainly seem a bit better now he's the main man on his own. Hope he does well. Tough game against Brentford coming up.
Yea, interesting to see him thrown in at the deep end like this.
Games will be on ifollow.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Thread title needs to be updated.

Seems to have gotten off to a good start. Read an interview about his approach to team selection and coaching. Seems a sensible way to get player reactions and try to drive some improvement in the squad.

Anyone else following this?
I thought he was doing awfully? I haven’t checked but I can’t recall them winning recently. Even drew with my local team Wycombe

macheda14

I thought he was doing awfully? I haven’t checked but I can’t recall them winning recently. Even drew with my local team Wycombe
They were absolutely shocking before and probably would have lost. That being said results haven’t markedly improved much.

Josh 76

He's been soley in charge for 3 games and been undefeated in those games. Drawing the first two and then beating Millwall on Saturday.

Ashish Negi

Good draw away from home. Ole keep the seat warm because Wazza will take it over one day

Pagh Wraith

So has he ended his career now? Hasn't featured in any of the games since taking over. I don't get this player/manager thing.

Chipper

Adulterer.
2 clean sheets in a row, 2 conceded in the 4 he's been in charge for. That's nice.

Needs to get them scoring now, just 8 goals all season, played 17 so far.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Another 0-0 at home v Stoke.

P5 W1 D4 L0 F3 A2

Sounds like they had the better of it today but they're really struggling to find the back of net.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Lost for the first time on Boxing Day, 0-1 v Preston. Made up for it tonight with a 4-0 win away at Birmingham. Derby out of the relegation zone.

P8 W3 D4 L1 F9 A3 PTS 13

Chipper

Adulterer.
Oof, lost in the FA Cup against Chorley. Comes on the back of a defeat against Sheffield Wednesday too which sent them back into the relegation zone, 3 defeats in 4 in all comps .

13 points from 9 matches in the league is decent overall considering where they were but form isn't exactly great and that loss to Chorley is a true shocker. Could do with a win next game, Rotherham at home (23rd place) looks a decent opportunity. On the other hand, lose it and Rotherham would overtake them. Six-pointer.

Edit: Wasn't quite aware how much Derby were affected by Covid. No first team players, most of the Under 23s missing and Rooney himself not even there apparently against Chorley.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Wasn't even in charge, was their under 23 coach today.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Looks a shock result but in the circumstances probably not much of one.

Spaghetti

Mom's
The whole first team squad, manager and coaching staff are in quarantine. Even some of the youth team players who were brought in had to pull out due to positive COVID tests.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
The whole first team squad, manager and coaching staff are in quarantine. Even some of the youth team players who were brought in had to pull out due to positive COVID tests.
Shirkers the lot of them. Back in my day we played 11 a side with half the team suffering from bubonic plague, and most of us didn't even have breakfast either.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Shirkers the lot of them. Back in my day we played 11 a side with half the team suffering from bubonic plague, and most of us didn't even have breakfast either.
Bloody luxury! In my day, when I was a player with the bubonic plague, our manager used to set us on fire and hit us with sticks before the game started.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Why isn't he playing football and pretending he is their manager for some reason? What am I missing? Wasn't he quite good for them just last season?

Dante

Average bang
Why isn't he playing football and pretending he is their manager for some reason? What am I missing? Wasn't he quite good for them just last season?
He's doing a fantastic job of phasing Rooney out of the first team.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
I watched their game before this and they dominated but still lost. They missed several chances.

You can see the LVG influence. They dominate possession but have little cutting edge.