g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Wayne Rooney | Having medical

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
Good chance of that, Mou isn't accountable and can just lay the blame at Moyes door for giving him a ridiculous contract. A vanity project by Moyes that makes me hate him even more.

Champagne Football

If he drags his heels to stay then he should get booed next season. He could easily get a move to mls on top salary but perhaps can't be arsed moving. £250,000+ per week for a player who has been worse than Lingard for the past 3 seasons is not on.

Lemansky

If he drags his heels to stay then he should get booed next season. He could easily get a move to mls on top salary but perhaps can't be arsed moving. £250,000+ per week for a player who has been worse than Lingard for the past 3 seasons is not on.
What are you on about? Booing a club legend for sticking to his contract?

I agree that Wayne is over the top, and should go this window. But don't forget it was the club who offered him his contract, the length and the terms. Boing a club legend for honouring his contract is ludicrous.

greatscott9930

Supports
St. Louis City Soccer Club
Staying would certainly tarnish his reputation among the fans. I find it hard to believe he will stay, but only time will tell.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
I don't know why anyone thought he or anyone else would willingly decide to leave one years worth of 300k pounds per week on the table, just to play footy.

It's very simple. We signed a contract with him. We can void it by buying him out. Otherwise why shouldn't he cash his checks?

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
I don't know why anyone thought he or anyone else would willingly decide to leave one years worth of 300k pounds per week on the table, just to play footy.

It's very simple. We signed a contract with him. We can void it by buying him out. Otherwise why shouldn't he cash his checks?
Well usually players like to play regular football and are willing to willing to take lower offers instead of rotting on the bench for a year. Especially when they really want to be involved in the world cup coming up

I didn't expect him to do a Adebayor

spwd

As much as Rooney probably wants to stay on 250k a week or whatever he's on, I don't think he'll stay.

I think if he did, Mourinho would exile him Schweinsteiger style and I'm sure Rooney wants to play

There's only one thing to do if he wants to prolong his career and that is leaving us, we're going to see where his priorities lie pretty damn soon.

I agree that Wayne is over the top, and should go this window. But don't forget it was the club who offered him his contract, the length and the terms. Boing a club legend for honouring his contract is ludicrous.

Do you really think we just came out with that stupid contract without any influence from Wayne?

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Well usually players like to play regular football and are willing to willing to take lower offers instead of rotting on the bench for a year. Especially when they really want to be involved in the world cup coming up

I didn't expect him to do a Adebayor
Such players don't have good financial advisors. You can get all your money owed to you, THEN play footy.

And with his current form, he shouldn't be in consideration for a World Cup spot. I have Kane, Alli, Vardy, Sterling, Rashford, Welbeck... ahead of him. I don't see how he jumps ahead of any of those players on merit, without considering the need to focus on the future generation of players.

ROFLUTION

I will physically implode if he stays. Out will come the nastiest fart of all time, and I shall send it to Wayne Rooney personally in a glass-jar or in game of thrones-Melisandre style.

Vashu

Predicted Sanchez's signing announcement

There's another way out of this mess. We could negotiate with him the terms of his contract termination, so we wouldn't pay him the whole sum we'd normally be obliged to fork out and Wayne could sign up with a new club. By doing that his combined incomes for the upcoming season would end up being bigger than as of this moment with United. Plus our blackholed star could get a chance of playing regularly and maybe, by some wild chance, winning the spot back with the national team.

Alabaster Codify7

Dear Wayne,

Please feck off. Just feck off away from this club - you add nothing to MUFC anymore. You know this, the coaches know this, the fans know this.

Your only reason for staying, is money. Nobody else will fork out this amount per week for what has become a slovenly, lazy, half-arsed footballer who is milking a living.

We all appreciate your contribution, which has been MASSIVE over the years. Nobody begrudges you earning what you do, when you were actually a good player and were contributing. Nobody.

We all wish you the very best wherever you may go. But stay, for the fact that you might have to take a pay-cut, and continue to milk the club for 200k a week while doing nothing but boozing and jeffing pensioner hookers?

Do not expect any gratitude when you eventually walk out those doors. And do not expect HALF of the offers you are currently getting.

Speculate to accumulate NOW, Wayne, while you still have a slight chance of being able to accumulate.

Kind Regards,

A Fan who loved your presence until about 2yrs ago.

Champagne Football

He's been amazing but if he wants to be remembered as a legend then he should quit at the right time. Yorke became crap overnight despite being amazing for a while and his reluctance to move at the right time when Fergie wsnted to replace him with Di Canio left a bitter taste in a lot of fans mouths and tainted his legend status a little. Rooney has been stealing a living for 3 seasons now. He should go with dignity at the right time similar to how the likes of club legends Cole, Hughes, Keane, Ruud etc all left at the right time instead of being remembered as greedy buggers like Adebayor, nasri, Tevez etc who put bank balances before honour

red_devil83

He's been amazing but if he wants to be remembered as a legend then he should quit at the right time. Yorke became crap overnight despite being amazing for a while and his reluctance to move at the right time when Fergie wsnted to replace him with Di Canio left a bitter taste in a lot of fans mouths and tainted his legend status a little. Rooney has been stealing a living for 3 seasons now. He should go with dignity at the right time similar to how the likes of club legends Cole, Hughes, Keane, Ruud etc all left at the right time instead of being remembered as greedy buggers like Adebayor, nasri, Tevez etc who put bank balances before honour
Is everyone a legend to you? :lol:

Only Keane from that list makes it for me.

Cypriot

If the rumours about us going for both Morata and Belotti, we can safely assume that Rooney is on his way out with Zlatan. I can't think of any other reason why we'd buy 2 new strikers considering we have Martial and Rashford still here.

spwd

Dear Wayne,

Please feck off. Just feck off away from this club - you add nothing to MUFC anymore. You know this, the coaches know this, the fans know this.

Your only reason for staying, is money. Nobody else will fork out this amount per week for what has become a slovenly, lazy, half-arsed footballer who is milking a living.

We all appreciate your contribution, which has been MASSIVE over the years. Nobody begrudges you earning what you do, when you were actually a good player and were contributing. Nobody.

We all wish you the very best wherever you may go. But stay, for the fact that you might have to take a pay-cut, and continue to milk the club for 200k a week while doing nothing but boozing and jeffing pensioner hookers?

Do not expect any gratitude when you eventually walk out those doors. And do not expect HALF of the offers you are currently getting.

Speculate to accumulate NOW, Wayne, while you still have a slight chance of being able to accumulate.

Kind Regards,

Love it :lol:

Mr Smith

Good chance of that, Mou isn't accountable and can just lay the blame at Moyes door for giving him a ridiculous contract. A vanity project by Moyes that makes me hate him even more.
I feel this is pretty harsh. People forget that at the time Moyes arrived, Rooney was still a genuinely top player (even if he was starting to slide). I feel Moyes felt selling to Chelsea would have sent a very bad signal and basically did whatever he could to avoid what may have seemed at the time like a PR disaster. There was no guarantee we were going to be able to replace him either as Woodward really struggled in his first year. It may have been ill-advised in hindsight, but at the time doing what we could to keep Rooney looked like a wise decision, regardless of how badly he fleeced us with that contract.

liamp

Pretty much. I'd have no qualms with him if he stays...we made our bed when we gave Moyes his own massive 6 year contract and allowed him full discretion to make a critical decision like this in his first few months on the job.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Apart from a year's wages, the club still owes him a loyalty payment which is rumoured to be about 10m.
One can begin to appreciate the size of this mess.
One of the worst contracts I've ever seen in this sport.

simmee

Dear Wayne,

Kind Regards,

He.Is.Worried

littleman

The 5-year Rooney contract was a staggeringly bad business and sporting decision in retrospect.

Putting aside the monies, the assumption of his shelf life and his early expiry means we have really underinvested in building a strong pipeline and bench of forward players. If not for the fortuitous discovery of Rashford, we would have NOTHING at all to show for.

The retirement of Ferguson and the subsequent hiring of Moyes and his foolish decisions, as well as LVG, are what brings us to today: Ibra injured, Griezmann unavailable, Aubameyang to PSG, Lukaku at 100m and preferring Chelsea.. we're picking within a second class forward line whom we want to be our main striker with Morata leading at 60m gbp.

What's more important than next season is MUFC building the capacity to manage the club and its bench across decades. Sentimentality like propping up a legacy legend striker, listening to an old retiring legendary manager whom to pick as your next manager.. must give way to sound and strategic planning.

dove

The 5-year Rooney contract was a staggeringly bad business and sporting decision in retrospect.

Putting aside the monies, the assumption of his shelf life and his early expiry means we have really underinvested in building a strong pipeline and bench of forward players. If not for the fortuitous discovery of Rashford, we would have NOTHING at all to show for.

The retirement of Ferguson and the subsequent hiring of Moyes and his foolish decisions, as well as LVG, are what brings us to today: Ibra injured, Griezmann unavailable, Aubameyang to PSG, Lukaku at 100m and preferring Chelsea.. we're picking within a second class forward line whom we want to be our main striker with Morata leading at 60m gbp.

What's more important than next season is MUFC building the capacity to manage the club and its bench across decades. Sentimentality like propping up a legacy legend striker, listening to an old retiring legendary manager whom to pick as your next manager.. must give way to sound and strategic planning.
C'mon... If Morata couldn't make it into best team's in the world starting eleven doesn't mean he is a second class. I think he would be one of the best strikers in the league if we sign him.

Regarding Rooney, if he is really not willing to take a pay cut to play somewhere else and prefers to sit 12 months on the bench instead, well that sums up his attitude then. Hopefully it's not true...

ilovethisgameahahah

He used the Moyes contract as a retirement package and allowed himself to eat, smoke and drink himself into the frumpy little goblin that now only slightly resembles Wayne Rooney. It's not the fact he's shit, it's the fact that he "has nothing to prove" i.e he knows he's shit and doesn't give a damn. If he wants to go down as a legend he should leave now. For me, Wayne Rooney is the physical embodiment of Manchester Uniteds decline.

Last edited:

Champagne Football

Is everyone a legend to you? :lol:

Only Keane from that list makes it for me.
Legend/Monster utd player/utd Warrior - whether legend like Keane or Scholes or simply a utd monster like Hughes or Ruud then same rules apply. There's a right and wrong way to leave the club where a player can either taint their legacy with greed or can go with dignity and respect.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
See there's plenty of posters mentioning that his contract would be 2018+1 instead of 2019. Not according to this.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-F...ey-signs-new-deal-with-manchester-united.aspx

ps. I didn't remember that we made him an club ambassador-to-be. A good thing though, he's still hugely popular around the world, especially outside Europe. Perhaps not in playing terms, but as a public United figure.

Tosicsleftpeg

Outrageous post what an absolute tool, yeah obviously don't need him now but his contract stands you can't boo our top scorer simply because he had declined.

Alabaster Codify7

He used the Moyes contract as a retirement package and allowed himself to eat, smoke and drink himself into the frumpy little goblin that now only slightly resembles Wayne Rooney. It's not the fact he's shit, it's the fact that he "has nothing to prove" i.e he knows he's shit and doesn't give a damn. If he wants to go down as a legend he should leave now. For me, Wayne Rooney is the physical embodiment of Manchester Uniteds decline.

Good way of putting it, pretty much sums up my feelings on him nowadays and loved the bolded sentence!

He's essentially spent the past 2 seasons more or less saying "Yeah, I'm turd but what are you gonna do about it? I'm under contract."

Oaencha

:lol: love it! If he's still here next season, Utd should have that written above number 10 on his shirt!

dichinero

Dazzit!

wr8_utd

:'(
Some of our "fans" on here would fit in well at the Bernebeau. So much hate because The Daily Mail says he'll stay on another year.

Rusholme Ruffian

Apart from a year's wages, the club still owes him a loyalty payment which is rumoured to be about 10m.
One can begin to appreciate the size of this mess.
One of the worst contracts I've ever seen in this sport.
Holy Jesus is this true? He has more money than he could ever spend, but stuff like integrity and respect can't be bought - he should leave whilst he still has some of those intact. If he still wants to play football (i.e. not retire) he should transfer to another club now and thereby waive the loyalty bonus.

Adisa

I think he'll stay because I think he's lost his hunger.
I also don't think the club would pay him to go because I can't see club and player coming to a compromise. We owe him too much money.
My opinion is simply,we don't owe him any minutes. A spot on the bench for him would be taken away from one of our younger players who could do with the experience.

Adisa

Holy Jesus is this true? He has more money than he could ever spend, but stuff like integrity and respect can't be bought - he should leave whilst he still has some of those intact. If he still wants to play football (i.e. not retire) he should transfer to another club now and thereby waive the loyalty bonus.
How many people would leave £20m at the door?

Erlands Army

Supports
Chelsea
There's another way out of this mess. We could negotiate with him the terms of his contract termination, so we wouldn't pay him the whole sum we'd normally be obliged to fork out and Wayne could sign up with a new club. By doing that his combined incomes for the upcoming season would end up being bigger than as of this moment with United. Plus our blackholed star could get a chance of playing regularly and maybe, by some wild chance, winning the spot back with the national team.
And which new club would pay him more than 50k per week based on how he plays these days? Rooney and his advisors are no fools. Prepare for a big payout if you want to get rid imo

Status
Not open for further replies.