Wayne Rooney - Manchester United Legend

Do you consider Rooney to be a United legend?

• Total voters

MoskvaRed

If you think about the human element to this it must be tough for him. He's been playing with Giggs (retired at 40) Scholes (retired at 36) Ronaldo (in his prime at 32) Carrick (Still at United at 36) I could on. Meanwhile he's 31, he's had to leave United because he was nowhere near good enough to get into the team anymore, he's playing for a mid-table club, he's retired from England because he'd be a bit part player. That has to be difficult to take. I'm not saying it's come as a massive surprise to him that he's not got the same pace at 31 as he did at 21 but it must of been a shock to him how much he's gone downhill.

It certainly came as a surprise to me I was one of the idiots who was telling people to wait and see and how with Mourinho coming in Rooney could a brilliant number 10 and he'd surprise us. Then I finally got the time to Old Trafford and I saw him playing against Swansea and it was he was running with an invisible backpack full on bricks on his back he was so obviously slower than the rest of the players on that pitch it was actually sad to watch.
Yes, good post. Footballers have a short shelf life anyway but can you imagine what it's like to feel in your heart that the best of your career is behind you while still in your late 20s?

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Ya he had a steep decline but even in his last season he could score or assist regularly.

Some said he was holding us back. Some said he was a pub footballer. He was playing better than the shit I've seen this season.

Currently his form with DC United is great. Joined the worst team in the leaugeue and helped turn them into a playoffs contender. Struck and excellent partnership with Acosta.

JMack1234

Ya he had a steep decline but even in his last season he could score or assist regularly.

Some said he was holding us back. Some said he was a pub footballer. He was playing better than the shit I've seen this season.

Currently his form with DC United is great. Joined the worst team in the leaugeue and helped turn them into a playoffs contender. Struck and excellent partnership with Acosta.
Yeah but he also joined a very weak league...kudos to Rooney in delighted that he's scoring goals and leading a team again. Howeber, the reason he's doing so is because the quality of MLS is very poor.

shamans

Thinks you can get an STD from flirting.

I really think if the rest of our squad was playing well and still competing for titles Rooney could have had a role to play in the club as a sub/rotation option. As it stands we are in a pretty bad shape and can't afford him.

AaronRedDevil

Kinda wish we kept Rooney around. Evening though he had to go because his massive wages and gave it to an equally useless player (well not useless but you know what I mean). My point is, that he would be a great character to have around the club, and teach Lukaku and Pogba a thing or two. God knows we need it.