Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

Moiraine

He was such a bad Omen, Only Ferguson was able to cope with it due to his far superior personality and Ora. I still can't fecking believe he has finally left us (which should have been 3-4 years earlier). And how we dodged a bullet here (Michael Keane), I wonder if we actually were after him...

Martin Keown on BT Sport just now: "Wayne Rooney, suddenly he looks an old man tonight". Who has he been watching for the past 3/4 years?

ZAGREB RED

He would be lucky to get a game for any of the youth or academy teams at United with his current form if he was still at OT.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
But what a two-game spell it was.

Wayne Rooney entered the last chance saloon. He drank it dry and drove off.

We need an rvn

Come on, bit of respect for a legend. Yes he should have been sold a number of years ago and yes his touch is shite...but he's a legend for us and hate how some people find it funny to laugh at him. Don't see people doing that to best, Charlton or even vidic etc for that matter

spwd

Nice pass wayne :lol:

Come on, bit of respect for a legend. Yes he should have been sold a number of years ago and yes his touch is shite...but he's a legend for us and hate how some people find it funny to laugh at him. Don't see people doing that to best, Charlton or even vidic etc for that matter
We'd laugh if anyone else was this shit, hes had undeserved special treatment for years so he's going to get what he deserves, the same as anyone else would.

Treble

Nice pass wayne :lol:

We'd laugh if anyone else was this shit, hes had undeserved special treatment for years so he's going to get what he deserves, the same as anyone else would.
Very true. He should be incredibly grateful that United gave him the chance to break that record. Because he was past it already several years ago and did not deserve to start so many games at a club like United.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Well, he took 2 points off City, which is nice.

El Zoido

It's going to be awkward when Koeman has to drop him like Jose did last season.

Badunk

Shares his caf joinday with Dante
There'll be leaks to the press about the players being unhappy with the manager when he gets dropped. You just watch.

Sylar

I dont understand why hes being played nearly every minute for them.
If hes got it in his contract, well then, his agent is even better than I gave him credit for (and I thought he was good for fleecing us mixed with Moyes being... well Moyes).

TBH, the guy was declining in Fergies last season, and you could see it more so towards Moyes end. And then it was equally highlighted during LVGs run where 'my captain shall play' dictated us going nowhere fast.

stubie

He gave up the legend tag for me when he thought he was bigger than the club 7 years ago.

My only regret was Fergie retiring when he did as Rooney would have been out of the door back in 2013 when the decline started to set in.

He has stolen a living at United since then.

Sparky10Legend

He gave up the legend tag for me when he thought he was bigger than the club 7 years ago.

My only regret was Fergie retiring when he did as Rooney would have been out of the door back in 2013 when the decline started to set in.

He has stolen a living at United since then.

This.

Nakhon Phanom

I think Everton are going to struggle this season,certainly up till the January transfer window.
They have not replaced Lukaku and now have no decent strikers.........Rooney,Sandro (unproven at this level) Calvert-Lewin (still a promising youngster) and the young lad from Hadjuk Split.
I was so surprised they signed Rooney.Anyone could see he was in steep decline for the past 2 years or so and is not suddenly going to find his old touch.....put simply he's past it and had his day at top class level.
It could cost Koeman his job or,more likely,he could jump ship and join another Premiership or European club.

Castia

Their problems are much bigger than Rooney, the whole squad is shite at the moment.

I didn't see all the game but just looking at the player ratings he was apparently one of the better players against Atalanta (for whatever that's worth in a 3-0 hammering..)

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Moron, if he didn't do that little dash towards it he could pretend he meant it. You can sense his fear though.

Make no mistake, watch him score on Sunday.
Red card I reckon. He's going to be fired up to hell and fraustration will boil over.

Dobbs

The first touch in the above vid is poor and unfortunately standard. What about the pass before it though? He's got all that space in front of him but chooses a pointless pass inside to a guy who's closely marked.

Plenty suffer from a phycial decline but with Rooney it's really had an impact on his confidence.