Wayne Rooney rejoins Everton | United save £30M by giving him £10M pay-off

FireballXL5

Now we can move forward. I still don't know what Everton think they are going to get out of him.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Some people have become so embittered by the last few seasons that they just can't bring themselves to acknowledge the scale of his achievements in a red shirt. He's carried the can for every shitty manager, signing and performance since Fergie retired.

Not a legend? Our record goal scorer?! Get a fecking grip of yourselves. You're like children.

will7285

Good luck to him and thanks for the 13 years of service, still sad to see him go one of my favorite United players and many fond memories of him. Fair play to him aswell for staying in the premier league to try to prove his worth could of easily gone to China or MLS to get a big pay check.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Some people have become so embittered by the last few seasons that they just can't bring themselves to acknowledge the scale of his achievements in a red shirt. He's carried the can for every shitty manager, signing and performance since Fergie retired.

Not a legend? Our record goal scorer?! Get a fecking grip of yourselves. You're like children.
What this bloke said.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
Childish and useless reply.

Rooney won all those silverware because he was surrounded by great players like Ronaldo, Tevez, RVP; not because he was great, just a hard work and English lad. He was nothing special, no great skills to show, another kick and rush merchant who got exposed as soon as his pace was gone; the same will happen to Rashford.
I blame @Cina for early promotions.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Wow, I thought this thread was just a joke.

The world has changed.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I ask myself the same question about you.

No no

Rooney got a an EL medal last season and he barely contributed; another example of his uselessness. He was just a number in the team, he was not as great as Vidic, Rio, Ronaldo, Scholes, .....! Was Fletcher a great player too? No, but he won all those silverware too.
Rashford is another example of an overrated english player; a boy who scored a total of 15 goals over 2 seasons he's being talked as a potential world class player; very strange.
On your Rashford point - you've used the key word yourself. Potential. If anyone's jumping to conclusions it's you.

On the Rooney point, sure his past 3 seasons have stained his legacy somewhat, but there's a reason why he was getting that massive contract everyone loves to bash him for.

Just a number in the team? Have a word with yourself.

Jonnymufc

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

No no

Rooney got a an EL medal last season and he barely contributed; another example of his uselessness. He was just a number in the team, he was not as great as Vidic, Rio, Ronaldo, Scholes, .....! Was Fletcher a great player too? No, but he won all those silverware too.
Rashford is another example of an overrated english player; a boy who scored a total of 15 goals over 2 seasons he's being talked as a potential world class player; very strange.
Rooney was an integral part of a team that got to 3 Champions League Finals in 4 years. We were best or 2nd best team in Europe (so essentially the World) during that time. That's slightly different to Fletcher who was a good squad player and also unfortunately suffered loads of injuries over the same period.

The greatest manager of all time thought he was pretty bloody special and so do I.

predator

Youth NITK
I wonder if he's moving house? He currently lives in Prestbury, in which I can say is a very impressive plot of land and vast amounts of living space.
He's been there for about 10 years I think and all his kids have been brought up there etc.

His daily commute to training ground etc would only be 45 mins each way.

God, I'm a sad fecker aren't I.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Because I like to quote myself.

:drool:

---------------- Rooney
------Ronaldo ---------- Messi --------
------------ Xavi ------------------
----------------------- Verratti ----------
------------ Makélélé ---------------
---- Lahm ------------------------ Dani Alvès
--------- Ferdinand --- Vidic -----------
------------------ Buffon

---------------------------------------- WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE CLEVER TEAM ----------------------------------------

Motto
: Because Rooney deserves to be happy
Inspiration: SAF & Guardiola
Philosophy: a back four with two relatively deep central midfield players with the King of the Pass
Offensive strategy: a fluid front three
---> Ronaldo, Rooney and Messi were all highly versatile, happy to play either on the wing or through the middle
---> The three had a wonderful understanding in and around the penalty area, meaning I could effectively hand out three ‘free roles’ and sit back and witness the results
---> Rooney and cr7 understood their defensive responsibilities.
Rooney version: 2006-09
Midfield: 100% collective players to set the tempo of the game
Credentials:

Manchester United's 4-5-1 away at Roma in the quarter-final, which resulted in a 0-2 victory for United.

Manchester United's 4-4-2ish shape in the Champions League final, where they defeated Chelsea on penalties
Rooney 2009/10: 34 goals in 44 games + 6 assists

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself

Smores

Seeing him in a blue shirt is plain weird. Weird.

I hope we do get him as a club ambassador as soon as he hangs up his boots!
Club ambassador really? That would be wierd.

I'm very conflicted when it comes to discussing Rooney, loved him for the first 8 years here and gradually disliked him more and more. I respect his record for us but also find myself a little befuddled by how highly some rate him.

Gone 4 years too late in my opinion but thats more the clubs fault than his.

TheReligion

Abusive

No no

I'm not sure even you know what you're on about

rpitchfo

No where near good enough for Everton...God knows what they are thinking.

Great player (until about 4 years ago) but always felt traditional coaching and taming his temper killed his ability

Successful

Owes the Caf £25 (With interests)
Any Everton fan here or somebody else who dare to judge what kind of status Wayne Rooney will have in the club? Two years at the club + coming back as a rotten apple. Hero or parasite?

cfkane

No no

This might be among the most ridiculous posts I have seen in the Caf. You think he was not as great as Vidic or Rio, (would agree with you on Scholes and Ronaldo), ? Makes me wonder if you have only been watching football for the last 3 years. Fletcher was a good, solid dependable and loyal player. Not a great, but he contributed to the trophies we won in his time here, but without him, we would have likely won most of those anyway. Without Rooney it is likely as not that we would have won far fewer trophies. It is too early to make a judgement on Rashford one way or the other, but heep in mind that at 20 Harry Kane had only scored around 10 goals for Spurs. Lets wait and see what his record looks like next May before we write him off as overrated.

VanGaalEra

Good luck legend, wish you all the best and thank you for all the memories.

Great player.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
He could and should have been better in the last seasons.

However, he can be proud of his career in Manchester on the whole.

Some have short memories and will always prefer to moan and say bad things.

Of course, he has to be considered as a United Legend even if he never was in a position to apply for a Ballon d'Or.

Sad that his last game at OT wasn't a tribute for his contribution but it is just delayed!

Last edited:

AdNani

Huge figure in the history of the club, will hopefully be remembered as the great player he was, wish him all the best. Besides against us of course.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
I also believe Rooney will get something like Ronnie when he will return at OT with Everton.

Below the return of Ronaldinho at the Nou Camp following his move for Milan.

Rooney truly deserves to have something like that.

cfkane

Would suspect he would celebrate a goal against us if it was at Goodison, but not at OT. I really think he would not do that.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Would suspect he would celebrate a goal against us if it was at Goodison, but not at OT. I really think he would not do that.
The family name of Wayne is Rooney, not Adebayor!

kmgUTD

Utd legend and a breath of fresh air to see such loyalty in the game. He would have had a heap of offers guaranteed but he has gone back to his boyhood club help them fight for success. Really refreshing to see.

And not nice to see people saying things like good riddance. He deserves more respect for what he has done.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
I also believe Rooney will get something like Ronnie when he will return at OT with Everton.

Below the return of Ronaldinho at the Nou Camp following his move for Milan.

Rooney truly deserves to have something like that.

Wasn't that Ronaldinho return in a friendly? No chance Rooney gets anything like that in a competitive game against us. He'll get a round of applause then the sarcastic boos.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Utd legend and a breath of fresh air to see such loyalty in the game. He would have had a heap of offers guaranteed but he has gone back to his boyhood club help them fight for success. Really refreshing to see.

And not nice to see people saying things like good riddance. He deserves more respect for what he has done.
Hmmmm you could be right, more likely he went back to his boyhood club because his Mrs isn't prepared to move too far from merseyside, not that there is anything wrong with that, it's nice to see someone putting their family first rather than uprooting them all for the sake of a bigger salary

0161_UNITED

No no

That post is a dumpster fire. Don't bother to reply, I've already ignored you.

EDIT: Not you @Sparky_Hughes the other I tried to reply to must've been, well, ya know...

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Wasn't that Ronaldinho return in a friendly? No chance Rooney gets anything like that in a competitive game against us. He'll get a round of applause then the sarcastic boos.
Indeed, a friendly in August 2010.

Roosney

I was frustrated with him for the last couple season but I miss him already. Thanks Wayne, a legend of our club.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea

Meanwhile it's extremely mature to freak out over differing viewpoints/opinions. There's only one truth and you have it, am I right

Ixion

Quite a sad moment to see him go but the time is right. One of the greatest United and England players ever and hopefully he can rediscover some form at Everton and go out on a high. I'm looking forward to the reaction he will get coming back to OT, I think it will eclipse what Beckham or Ronaldo got.

The No.10!

Club ambassador really? That would be wierd.

I'm very conflicted when it comes to discussing Rooney, loved him for the first 8 years here and gradually disliked him more and more. I respect his record for us but also find myself a little befuddled by how highly some rate him.

Gone 4 years too late in my opinion but thats more the clubs fault than his.
It needs to be understood how much of a global attraction it is for fans to see legends and former players of their clubs back in their colours. But it seems like you do not consider him a legend, so I understand your perspective, but respectfully disagree.