Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

saint Jose

I disagree, he was never on the talent level of Messi or Ronaldo when he broke through. As England fans, we overrated him so we had our own Ronaldo or Messi, on reality he was never as talented.

Hugely talented, incredible player and a club legend.

Agree the bias is ridiculous, hard to believe Rooney is Younger than Ronaldo considering that CR7 is still world class.

Maybe if he took his diet seriously and put more hours in the gym he would still be playing top flight today. Top player? sure but no one can put him in the same class as CR7.

Club legend? He held SAF hostage threatening to leave for city if we didn't increase his wages by a massive amount, that started the ball rolling de-stabilizing the wage structure opening the door for the insane high wage crisis the club has today..

Ludens the Red

Rooney turning to his mates for some deadline day madness.
Five loan signings on deadline day.
Gerrards given him Edmundson, Oles given him Mengi, Everton have given him Baningme and I’m not sure who the feck from city has given him Patrick Roberts but hey. And Gregory from Stoke.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Agree the bias is ridiculous, hard to believe Rooney is Younger than Ronaldo considering that CR7 is still world class.

Maybe if he took his diet seriously and put more hours in the gym he would still be playing top flight today. Top player? sure but no one can put him in the same class as CR7.

Club legend? He held SAF hostage threatening to leave for city if we didn't increase his wages by a massive amount, that started the ball rolling de-stabilizing the wage structure opening the door for the insane high wage crisis the club has today..
As a young player, he was better than Ronaldo. And at the end of the day, regardless of your overstating the wages incident, he's far far higher up the legend scale and much important than the latter will ever be, for Manchester United, which is what matters for fans of this club.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Gerrards given him Edmundson, Oles given him Mengi, Everton have given him Baningme and I’m not sure who the feck from city has given him Patrick Roberts but hey. And Gregory from Stoke.
City and Stoke are his mates?

RashyForPM

The fact you’re even implying Rooney isn’t a club legend is nothing less than spurious nonsense.

BR7

Man Utd and England’s greatest ever goal scorer isn’t a legend. What’s that word .. errr Ridiculous

Robbie Boy

Bad night for Derby, they were beaten 3 nil by Rotherham. Mengi stayed on the bench.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Doing fantastically well - 5 wins from 7 since he took over permanently. Up to 16th in the table now.

12 points off the promotion play-offs :p

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Shame to have Rooney at my boys Wycombe ground, a mere 4miles from my door and can't be there.

Every chance that's the one time he ever graces Adams Park, albeit as a manager.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Won again yesterday. Some of the comments by Derby fans yesterday.

Wayne and his TEAM have gleaned 18 points out of the last 24. Remarkable indeed.

Wayne told us that he was ready to become a manager.

He was RIGHT.

His interviews are off the scale. So calm. Summary-

We will be prepared and focused.

If we believe in ourselves, we believe that we can pick up the three points.

37 points in the bag and 45 points to play for.
Full credit to Rooney for the tactics tonight, thought he was spot on. The biggest compliment I can give him tonight is for showing faith in players who are out of form and understanding that sometimes the best thing to do is give them minutes on the pitch with a job to do. Waghorn, Bird, Jozwiak, Knight all come out of that 10 foot higher because a bit of faith was shown in them at the right time. That’s smart man management. There’s nothing better for a players improvement than minutes on the pitch, look at wisdom who’s looking more settled and stronger with each game.
Like many, I didn’t want Rooney as manager, but he’s the first manager in a very, very, very long time that looks to be able to successfully implement a plan B (or C). 2 games on the trot he’s mixed things up significantly and improved things. We’re in a dog fight and have a horrible pitch so patchy performances are alright right now, but his surprising tactical nous, and willingness to change things, is what gives me the most heart for the future. Plus he’s getting work rate out of people and taking an active role in the academy
Seems to be doing great.

Water Melon

Doing fantastically well - 5 wins from 7 since he took over permanently. Up to 16th in the table now.

12 points off the promotion play-offs :p
An absolute legend of United, hopefully, a legendary manager in the making too. Best of luck, the white Pele.

Pablo76

I haven’t followed Rooney’s path into management at all as I never really liked him as a player anyway.

However, I’ve just been speaking to a Derby fan who says Rooney has already proved that he has a modern, progressive and adaptable style of coaching, fantastic man management and in game tactics, and will be a Man Utd manager one day.

High praise indeed, what do we think? Comparisons with Ole’s style?

Edit: why is this in the Utd forum? Should be in football, has had nothing to with us for years now and there’s zero relevance,

Robbie Boy

Kazim Richards has been class under Rooney and even won a year extension to his contract. What an odd career he's had.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Probably the same person who had a contract ready for him in 2010 ...:angel:

Anyway, good to see him doing well. From a tactical point of view I always felt he was rather a Scholes than a Keane (Scholes and Rooney instinctively made the right decisions whereas Keane knew what and why he was doing stuff), but maybe that’s just me.

432JuanMata

Sums it up. It’ll take years of experience including a few at a good PL club before he ever gets a job with any of the top 5 clubs let alone Utd.
Exactly. Lampard got the Chelsea job because they had a transfer ban and there was expectation, he did great at Derby but then he needs to get more experience at a bigger club but not straight into a top 4 club.

Rodgers is a great example did great stuff at Swansea so Liverpool hired him and too be fair was a slip away from winning the league but I still felt that was too soon. So he went to Celtic and did great (though it wasn’t hard) and now doing fantastic at Leicester, I feel he is ready for a big side now

R'hllor

You can see LvG foundation and philosophy in Rooney as manager.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
I haven’t followed Rooney’s path into management at all as I never really liked him as a player anyway.

However, I’ve just been speaking to a Derby fan who says Rooney has already proved that he has a modern, progressive and adaptable style of coaching, fantastic man management and in game tactics, and will be a Man Utd manager one day.

Edit: why is this in the Utd forum? Should be in football, has had nothing to with us for years now and there’s zero relevance,
Rooney is in the job 5 minutes and he's a fantastic man manager and tactician??????

Such fantasy

arnie_ni

Curious. How couldn't you have liked Rooney as a player?

RUCK4444

Curious. How couldn't you have liked Rooney as a player?
Yeah wtf? An absolute club legend and talisman in his time here, not sure how a fan couldn’t have liked him.

I guess it’s the butthurt stance we see of some fans hating him for playing the game and wrangling for a new contract. Ya know the same thing every single top level player does.

Eternitiy

Yeah wtf? An absolute club legend and talisman in his time here, not sure how a fan couldn’t have liked him.

I guess it’s the butthurt stance we see of some fans hating him for playing the game and wrangling for a new contract. Ya know the same thing every single top level player does.
It does not make sense to me. A recent post from them suggests that de Gea is still the world's best keeper and is undergoing a 'slight blip in form'. Curious that someone would go to lengths to defend a player that was a paperwork error away from actually leaving the club (de Gea), but dislikes one of the most important players in the club's history (Rooney).

arnie_ni

I could understand if someone was annoyed by his off field incidents, but as a player? Nah can't accept that.