Wayne Rooney | Sacked as Birmingham City Manager

InfiniteBoredom

A job without pressure.
100k a week
Don’t think he’s complaining too much
Is that true though? Might be the case when he was playing for them but I doubt the coach for a relegation battling Championship side earns 5m a season. Even lower PL outfits don’t pay that much.

Lentwood

It's tough but clubs have to be punished for this kind of behaviour.

Derby basically gambled everything on going up under Frank Lampard and now they are suffering the consequences.

They weren't the first and they won't be the last to roll the dice in an attempt to reach the gold-paved streets of the PL

Idxomer

Knee-jerk reaction:

I'm watching now his Derby team outplaying Bournemouth under Scott Parker and think he might actually turn out to be the best manager to play under SAF.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Rooney as interim manager would be amazing. I think he's going to the very top.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Knee-jerk reaction:

I'm watching now his Derby team outplaying Bournemouth under Scott Parker and think he might actually turn out to be the best manager to play under SAF.
Laurent Blanc has won multiple league titles in France with PSG and Bordeaux. Don't think anyone comes close to him really.

Red_toad

Rooney as interim manager would be amazing. I think he's going to the very top.
I don’t see it happening as an interim. I think the club will look for a very experienced coach to turn round the current shambles. We need someone tactically aligned to whoever get the job in the summer.

ForeverRed1

Shit when you put it like that maybe he isn't right choice for interim manager.

I could see him dropping Ronaldo to protect his goal record
he’s openly said he wants people to beat his records, it’s what they are there for.. and it means England and united benefit

Classical Mechanic

Shit when you put it like that maybe he isn't right choice for interim manager.

I could see him dropping Ronaldo to protect his goal record
They've got 0 points because they've had 21 deducted because of Derby going into administration. He's doing a great job considering the awful situation he's in.

stw2022

I have respect for Rooney being at Derby and working hard and proving himself as manager. It's a very Rooney thing to do.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If (and it won't happen) everyone keeps on the same exact points per game trajectory until the end of the season:

Hull 38
-------------
Peterborough 38
Derby 33
Barnsley 28

No shame in that all considered. Doing well and a great result today.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I must say I am very impressed by what Wayzata is managing to do over there a great result against the team most likely poised for promoting and an overall very good record again the top teams beating the likes of bournmorth

Its to be seen whether he can keep it up for the rest of the season considerably their precarious conditioning but nevertheless impressive

It would be one hell of an achievement if he manages to keep them in championship really wishing our boy the best over there he'll need it

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Beat Bournemouth at the weekend, now a point against Fulham.
Derby play some really good football, Rooney really does know what he is doing.

There seems to be a real team spirit at Derby, actually think the points deduction has helped both to create a siege mentality, and to ease any pressures off the players.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
Beat Bournemouth at the weekend, now a point against Fulham.
Derby play some really good football, Rooney really does know what he is doing.

There seems to be a real team spirit at Derby, actually think the points deduction has helped both to create a siege mentality, and to ease any pressures off the players.
you crazy sonofabitch, i’m in. let’s give him 18 months to see what he can do back home.

Champ

you crazy sonofabitch, i’m in. let’s give him 18th that to see what he can do back home.
I'm balls deep in this, all the way...go hard or go home.
Rooney for the win.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
I love Rooney.

So will they get more point deductions or is this it?
And what are the up the up to date bookie odds for them not to get relegated?

Idxomer

His last two years under LVG have given him another dimension to the way he views football.

Champ

I love Rooney.

So will they get more point deductions or is this it?
And what are the up the up to date bookie odds for them not to get relegated?
No more sanctions from the league now, although they have three points deduction suspended.

They will still go down, they are a long way off safety, but miracles do happen.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
He’s doing a really good job. The only problem is that Derby are going to need promotion form between now and the end of the season to have any chance at staying up

FujiVice

If he keeps them up, that would be an unreal accomplishment. I hope he does it. Going to be hard, but if they can put a run together, its possible.

Idxomer

Derby have been competitive in pretty much all of their games against teams high at the table.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
14pts from safety if they can hold on today....big result. Next two weeks will be crucial.

Man-United

Hope Derby can stay up, big club who should be in The Championship at worst.

Champ

He really is performing minor miracles there.
Amazing result against all odds today.

ForeverRed1

Amazing how you can almost support a club because the manager happens to be your clubs top goal scorer and was such a incredible player.

marktan

Their GD shows they're a decent side - they only ever win or lose by 1 goal. They have far fewer losses than the 8 or so clubs above them, but far more draws. Its not completely impossible yet for them since they have a team that can compete, if they could turn more of those draws into wins. The problem is it needs to be now, otherwise they'll start running out of games very quickly.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sort of want him to do well, but also supporting Wycombe, and us getting relegated because of Derby's cheating certainly doesn't make me want to see them stay up!

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Must admit, never thought he had the brains to succeed as a manager, but fair play to him he seems to be doing a cracking job.

Chipper

Adulterer.
If (and it won't happen) everyone keeps on the same exact points per game trajectory until the end of the season:

Hull 38
-------------
Peterborough 38
Derby 33
Barnsley 28

No shame in that all considered. Doing well and a great result today.
Latest one:

Hull 46
Cardiff 46
--------------------------
Peterborough 38
Derby 35
Barnsley 28

Sadly for Derby Hull have picked up 14 points in their last 7 matches.

The Dane

They have to gain 14 points on Reading in the 2nd half which is the same as Stoke gained on Reading in the 1st half. Definitely doable and fingers crossed they will make it. Not that I have any particular love for Derby but I would love to see Rooney be successful as a Manager.

Chipper

Adulterer.
They have to gain 14 points on Reading in the 2nd half which is the same as Stoke gained on Reading in the 1st half. Definitely doable and fingers crossed they will make it. Not that I have any particular love for Derby but I would love to see Rooney be successful as a Manager.
Don't forget Reading are also better than the table looks at first glance as they have had a 6 point deduction of their own. Without it they'd have 27 after 22 and are on course to finish on around 50 points.

CraftySoAndSo

Impressive turnaround for him considering he was quite bad last season and could have easily got the sack.

Giggs' right foot

For them to reach 46pts - which is the last five years' average point tally to keep you safe in the Championship - they'll have to average 1.69pts. per game from now till end of season.

As of now, this season, Wayne have managed 1.21pts. per game - that is if you grant them the 21 points they've been deducted of course.

To me it's as close to impossible as it gets, but my god I hope they somehow can get a player or two in in January and go on a run.