WC All Stars Chain Draft SF: harms vs idmanager

With players at indicated WC peak, who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
:lol:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Moby votes against me as well, looks he is voting against everyone :lol:

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
And why would I want him to do it?

I have Nilton Santos — one of the finest attacking left backs in history, and Amoros who excelled in carre magique France without a winger ahead of him. Don't tell me that inverted wingers with overlapping defenders don't work — pretty much every team today plays like this.
While the overall point is valid, Rocheteau was a winger, even if not deployed as one when we say 4-2-2-2. Served a similar purpose as Eder on the other side for Brazil: peel wide, stretch the defence, drag defenders out of position... and create the space for Platini/Zico to steal in.

Enigma_87

You know who
Couldn't separate the sides at the end. @idmanager made a great comeback here and has set up pretty well. Probably a more well known forward would've won him the game - it's always difficult with pre-war players.

On the other hand @harms individually has a great side. I'd rather see a different kind of SS or even #10 instead of Kempes and Sir Bobby in a inside left role like in 66.

Him and Nilton overlapping would've made it easier on the eye for the "width problem".

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Even keeping Matthaus out of it, do you think the setup would being the best out of Kempes or Messi with Charlton in the same areas based on their WC's? Its not that teams playing 4-2-3-1 didn't have inverted wingers, but Messi in 2014 and Kempes in 1978 were no where near being inverted wingers or forwards.
Messi and Charlton are in a familiar setting. Kempes is another story indeed

Your strongest asset was your FB who would have urged the Argentinians to defend much more than usual. The clever Lahm and the beast Brehme are in position to unbalance the opposite team.

Great efforts and team.

Yeah. For me the quality is about even in both teams and, although there are a couple of minor head-to-heads where an advantage could be engineered, there is nothing particularly clear cut. Given the relative narrowness of harms attack and the lack of sexy football in idmanager's midfield duo, it's clear that both pairs of full-backs would be heavily involved in the build up. Ultimately I thought idmanager's square of death (@antohan) is more likely to resist the central runs of Charlton and Matthaus and the in-cutting of Kempes and Messi.
Exactly

Annahnomoss

Been a while guys. Two great teams on display and deserved to be as close as it was. A definite wide advantage for IDManager with slightly better looking wide threat as a whole. Harms width is far from dysfunctional with two great full backs and two inverted wingers, but next to ID's perfect one it isn't the best. It is hard to assess just how the Varela-Monti dynamic would work but they'd have their work cut out for them with that central threat from Harms.

Was too late to vote.