WC FINAL: Netherlands vs Spain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
So Holland are the home draw yeah?...is this accurate? So they'll be in Oranje and Spain in one of their odd aways?

jazza13

I think the dutch have a decent chance. They need to stay strong through the centre. Force Spain out wide. They don't have many decent crossers of the ball. Rely on threading through balls. THis would mean none of that defending from the brazil game please!

MUFC07

All spastics here now think they're spanish, typicall, "the mother nation", the mother nation your sore arse, bandwagoner idiot.

Come on Netherlands!

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
Will the Dutch learn from Spains previous matches.?

Look at Paraguay and Chile - threw the kitchen sink at them and they looked ordinary - hunted down the ball from the moment even Casilllas had it and both were unfortunate not to get a well deserved lead in both games by half time.

van Bommel - this is your time. One game where his approach will be necessary right from the off. Dont let them get comfortable even in their own penalty area.

Trouble is if you dont get the lead from doing this you'll be exhausted and will pay the price later in the game.

For me the Dutch should go for it - they may not get another chance. About the first goal if the Dutch get it they have some chance but if Spain get it I cant see them losing from that position

Want the Dutch to win this after watching their fantastic sides never get what they truly deserved and would hate to see Spanish cheating scumbags that spend most of their time trying to get other players sent off win it but the truth is Spain are a great side when playing well and ought to have too much quality in the locker to lose

Spain to win but I hope I'm as wrong as I can be

Cmon the Orange

JezChan

I want Holland to win 4-0, Sneijder to score the 4th and final goal from 30 yards then whilst celebrating to reveal an under shirt reading :

IM JOINING MANCHESTER UNITED AFTER THIS!

Why cant you predict that you fecking shit octopus!
He belongs to Eastlands.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Want the Dutch to win this after watching their fantastic sides never get what they truly deserved and would hate to see Spanish cheating scumbags that spend most of their time trying to get other players sent off win it but the truth is Spain are a great side when playing well and ought to have too much quality in the locker to lose

Spain to win but I hope I'm as wrong as I can be

Cmon the Orange
I dont see what all the hoo-haa is about re the Spanish sideways/backwards passing malarky. Its frankly boring and greedy too. I think the Dutch play an equally decent brand of football. Yep, I so want the Dutch to win this as Im bored already of Spanish dominance.

Sure, Spain have great players but they all do have very distasteful cheating mechanisms which are very unsavoury. But then again, this has been a world cup dominated by cheating and referee mistakes (is that what t will be remembered for?) So pain winning a dirty final via a disputed penalty would probably be apt.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan

kps88

Two teams who play with pretty similar systems. This one is going to be dull unless we get an early goal.

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Cmon you Dutch!

Oh and credit to Sammsky1 for the quality match threads. You've owned this forum, mate.

Thanks mate, my pleasure! Just my way of really getting onto this tournament. Have loved it.

And now its all nearly over :(

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
UPDATE:

Paul the Octopus has decided that SPAIN will win the world cup.

May as well all go home.

Seriously, is there any point even them all playing this game?

Peasplease

Interestingly, the Spanish side with del Bosque at the helm are yet to draw a single game out of 32. In these 32 games the winning percentage is 93%.

Franq

On a serious note, if we're able to constantly close them down BEFORE either xavi or iniesta gets the ball, for as long it will take us to score a goal, we've a realistic chance to win it...

Godfather

Indeed, in the red corner we have a cnut by the name of Busquets, a diving cheating little arsewipe who id take no small amount of pleasure in slapping repeatedly with a wet fish.

In the Orange corner we have the uber cnut by the name of Mark Van Bommel, maybe just maybe the most dislikable character since Hitler who deserves nothing but the scorn of satan just for that shoddy looking hair cut alone.

Should be fun.
:lol:
Nail on the head.
I'll still go for Holland in this one ;)

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
WC final today and no excitement in me whatsoever.
Thats always the way in the final week of the world cup unless your own country is still involved and you are in that country at the time. Im sure that Spain and Holland are both buzzing today with excitement, expectation etc.

But the entire dynamic of this tournament .... which is 3 games a day for the first few weeks to one game every 3 or 4 days at the end means that fans from countries not involved dont have the emotional connection, nor is there much coverage on TV on their local networks.

The world cup buzz in the UK has been dead now for about 2 weeks!

Twisted_Woody

Scout
Indeed, in the red corner we have a cnut by the name of Busquets, a diving cheating little arsewipe who id take no small amount of pleasure in slapping repeatedly with a wet fish.

In the Orange corner we have the uber cnut by the name of Mark Van Bommel, maybe just maybe the most dislikable character since Hitler who deserves nothing but the scorn of satan just for that shoddy looking hair cut alone.

Should be fun.
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Easily one of the funniest opinions I've read.

Franq

100,000+ people to watch the game at the 'Museumplein' in Amsterdam alone... Nevermind all the other public venues with big screens in Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht...

14 of 16million inhabitants are expected to watch the game in one way or another...

more than half of the people walking on the streets is dressed in 'oranje', streets and shops everywhere are decorated in 'oranje'

so yeah, quite a buzz over here indeed...

BTW, if van bommel were to play for england, he'd be among your favorites ;-)

narnar

Needs Help
I am going to wear orange undercrackers to show my support for the Netherlands.

radd

I've supported the Dutch since the '88 final, so I'm very pleasantly surprised, no shocked, that they've reached the final without imploding. However, as a Dutch supporter, I'm used to watching every knockout game with resignation rather than hope.

What would really make the day for me is for the Dutch to win - on penalties. That would completely exorcise the demons of every major tourney since '88.

[EDIT: Franq, even I dislike van Bommel and I'm Indian. Mind you, this is a game I'll be yelling at my telly, cheering him on.]

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
100,000+ people to watch the game at the 'Museumplein' in Amsterdam alone... Nevermind all the other public venues with big screens in Rotterdam, Den Haag, Utrecht...

14 of 16million inhabitants are expected to watch the game in one way or another...

more than half of the people walking on the streets is dressed in 'oranje', streets and shops everywhere are decorated in 'oranje'

so yeah, quite a buzz over here indeed...

BTW, if van bommel were to play for england, he'd be among your favorites ;-)
I really want Holland to win today. Dutch people are very cool. Great sense of humour. Play neat football too. Would be great to kick those arrogant Spaniards abit.

Status
Not open for further replies.