We are an awfully coached team

Seven Seas Sardines

The amount of ridiculous PR exercises making the rounds is laughable. :lol:

Next up: "Sources at Old Trafford say Carricky has taught players everything he knows about football in a text and is flabbergasted they're not playing like prime Barcelona"

AndySmith1990

Next up: "Sources at Old Trafford say Carricky has taught players everything he knows about football in a text and is flabbergasted they're not playing like prime Barcelona"
If they are indeed working their backsides off, then clearly after 3 years and no visible improvement to the way we play, they should perhaps concede they aren't good enough at their jobs.

The excuses have been tolerated for a long time, and fair enough in the first season after major staff overhaul. But after 3 seasons? The excuses don't cut it anymore. The whole setup is exposed as being well below the standard required.

Kaos

Then for the sake of their families and mental health maybe its time to accept its a job too big for them? No shame in it.

Baneofthegame

Surely this in itself is an assessment of their coaching abilities? If al their work above and beyond and we still play exactly the same as we have for 2 seasons.

IrishRedDevil

Coaches being paid millions are working their backsides off. Wow. City and Liverpool coaches only work part time, of course.

Revan

Assumptionman

Who cares how hard-working they are? It is always more important to work smart, rather than hard. If they are not good enough to be top coaches right now (and there is no reason why they should be considering that they are all rookies), then it does not matter how much their work their bollocks off.

Shark

@NotShark
Really can't wait for all of this to end. It's honestly on level terms with Moyes in terms of incompetence and lack of accountability. A bunch of rookies managing one of the biggest clubs in the world for the second time in under 10 years. You couldn't make it up.

soapythecat

If the coaches (who obviously watch us play) think they are doing a good job then these leaks make them look as stupid as they are incompetent.
How anyone who watches United play can say they look well drilled, well coached and well organised does not understand football. No question.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

The way Andy puts it, you would think that other teams coaching staffs are slacking and enjoying loads of leisure.

Tony247

This nowhere looks good on coaching staff and their ability to build a functioning team. It sounds like bunch of people trying to pull out something beyond their capabilities.

Infra-red

I don't think anyone doubts that the coaches are working hard. It's a lack of ability/talent, not work ethic that is the problem with our coaches (although our players have the exact opposite problem).

Flytan

Our coaches should have hired Neil Ashton or whatever for PR like Woodward. These quotes make them look worse.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I love how when something positive comes out, or somewhat positive comes out about United it's always a "PR Exercise" with you guys and all bad news is to be believed. Are you always this cynical?

hobbers

Mood not divided - yeh, all the players are equally depressed at being coached by a bargain basement coaching team.

I love how when something positive comes out, or somewhat positive comes out about United it's always a "PR Exercise" with you guys and all bad news is to be believed. Are you always this cynical?
:lol: Nothing positive comes out in moments of deep crises. Do you not understand what PR is?

You don't have to be cynical to see this for what it is.

Kcocymkcus

Let me remind everyone.

This is Manchester United. One of the biggest football clubs on the planet, if not THE biggest club.

It should have the biggest and best management on the planet as well. No excuses.

It clearly hasn't. So the directors need to apply the same mentality to appointing a manager as they do when they buy players.

The management right now, SIMPLY ISNT GOOD ENOUGH. End Of.

Kopral Jono

Really can't wait for all of this to end. It's honestly on level terms with Moyes in terms of incompetence and lack of accountability. A bunch of rookies managing one of the biggest clubs in the world for the second time in under 10 years. You couldn't make it up.
Absolutely. Sentimentality is our football club's Achilles' heel. Until we sort this mindset out, we won't compete head on with the very best.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Mood not divided - yeh, all the players are equally depressed at being coached by a bargain basement coaching team.

:lol: Nothing positive comes out in moments of deep crises. Do you not understand what PR is?

Seriously. All the good things came out at the same time after a painful loss, since when do we get a mood report?

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away

We are hardly in a deep crisis. Yes we are in a bad place right now, yes it's rather depressing watch the team play, yes the football can be dire at times.

But we aren't in free fall at the moment by any means. If this pattern continues, then west I agree we're in a crisis, but we aren't currently in a crisis. It can be a snowball effect and the weekend's result was knocking the snowball off the hill, it's now a moment of when we can get that snowball to melt, or it will continue to grow into an avalanche. Bit of a convoluted metaphor, but you catch my drift.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20

We have bigger issues if they can't see a problem on coaching side. Bare minimum, come out and acknowledge we have a problem.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Seriously. All the good things came out at the same time after a painful loss, since when do we get a mood report?
Good observation. Makes it obvious they are trying to spin the narrative this way as they have lost their credibility on the pitch.

Jackal981

I see your Mourinho and raise you a Xavi who has much less experience than Ole:

I was watching this yesterday and see the level of insight he gave compared to the talks about more running and being the fittest does not cost money. Ole should subscribe to his videos maybe :lol:

midou

Laughable stuff coming out from the PR machine.

" You didn't see the graphite on the ground because it's not there! "

Rocksy

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I was watching this yesterday and see the level of insight he gave compared to the talks about more running and being the fittest does not cost money. Ole should subscribe to his videos maybe :lol:
Isn’t that video just a long-winded way of saying “go out there an express yourself lads, this is Al Saad”?

Seven Seas Sardines

Then for the sake of their families and mental health maybe its time to accept its a job too big for them? No shame in it.
This is what I replied on twitter. Poor blokes are better off as carers at the MU Foundation, and even there I'm certain most kids fall asleep just looking at McKenny.

Womp

idiot
If you lot are really putting in that much effort and we still look this shite, maybe it's time to pack it in fellas, old mate Ole included.

Rex Banner

Those quotes are laughable.

Do you ever see any other club's coaches briefing to the press? They shouldn't need to tell the press how good they are and how hard they work. It should be obvious by watching us play, except it isn't and that's the problem.

Last edited:

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Who cares how hard-working they are? It is always more important to work smart, rather than hard. If they are not good enough to be top coaches right now (and there is no reason why they should be considering that they are all rookies), then it does not matter how much their work their bollocks off.
Agreed.Put me in a United shirt tomorrow night and I will give it my best shot.I will bite the fffing ball if need be for the cause.It won’t matter though as I am 60 !

I have no trouble believing the goal against Everton was the product of training-ground work, to be fair.

Just not a good look to come out and point to that one positive example in your favor while the negative column has ... pretty much every minute of every game that we don't have the ball :wenger:

el3mel

Using our goal vs Everton as an excuse to prove we're properly coached is hilarious.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Those quotes are laughable

Do you ever see any other club's coaches briefing to the press? They shouldn't need to tell the press how good they are and how hard they work. It should be obvious by watching us play, except it isn't and that's the problem.
This is how you do it right to brief the press about the state and the mood of the team:
Of course he was sacked shortly after this, but that press conference became legendary.

Last edited:

redshaw

Ole and his team should rewatch the entire Villarreal match at OT, played right through us time after time, should've been a huge win for them and a second loss and 0 points in the CL for us.

There's a huge problem with the amount of goals we concede to even think about challenging and has nothing to do with Ronaldo. That Everton goal we conceded we've seen many times last season and we're shockingly vulnerable when taking our own corners. Players playing in stupid balls into areas we can't recover if it goes wrong. The manager needs to be instructing the players to hold a position but I don't think he even sees the danger.

UnitedSofa

You'll Never Walk Away
I said Mitten is part of their PR machine and this is what happened:
Too right as well!

The term "PR Machine" is thrown around way too much by the modern day fan. Any piece of news that doesn't follow their pre-conceived narrative and the journo is automatically branded as a "PR Machine" or on "their pay roll", it's boring, untrue and down right lazy by fans these days.

A lot of fans have their own minds made up, as it has been shown by you calling him as part of their "PR Machine" and won't listen to anything else.

I'd have blocked you as well!