g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

We are bottlers

Losing is fair enough and happens, but Ole was shite tonight :lol:
It showed a lack of strength in depth.

also it shows the fine margins that games can be won and lost on. One of our greatest triumphs (Moscow 2008) was won on a penalty shootout.

managers are shite when they dont win. I think he should have brought on subs earlier, and also I am not a fan of a “cup keeper”. You play your no 1 keeper in the big matches. That would appear to be Henderson. We had more than enough on the pitch to win, every player and the manager is culpable. However, we move on and we do better next time. No need for the firing squad.

el3mel

We lost. Get over it. Bunch of wining cnuts in here who shouldn’t bother even supporting the club. You won’t be missed.
I can also say anyone who's not angry after watching his club lose a fecking final isn't a real fan either and is just following the club out of habit.

These shitty insults can go either way.

Heinzesight

What’s this shite about not being allowed to be pissed off we lost?

It was a European final we were massive favourites for and we’ve been totally nullified by an average team.

You have to take on board that people need to vent a little...you can’t have just watched that not be fecked off.

I can also say anyone who's not angry after watching his club lose a fecking final isn't a real fan either and is just following the club out of habit.

These shitty insults can go either way.
feck off. Clearly I’m annoyed, I’m frustrated, I want to throw shit at the TV, I can’t watch anything after the whistle has blown, and won’t watch any highlights if the game ever. But we need to move on. Perhaps I can do it quicker, as I’m bloody older. But if his read this forum, pretty much every player and the manager have been slagged off - if you read this forum tonight, the conclusion is that we need an entirely new team - which is obvious bollocks.

el3mel

feck off. Clearly I’m annoyed, I’m frustrated, I want to throw shit at the TV, I can’t watch anything after the whistle has blown, and won’t watch any highlights if the game ever. But we need to move on. Perhaps I can do it quicker, as I’m bloody older. But if his read this forum, pretty much every player and the manager have been slagged off - if you read this forum tonight, the conclusion is that we need an entirely new team - which is obvious bollocks.
Then don't come on and act as a highly elite top red fan telling people they're whinning cnuts that should support other clubs just because they're expressing their anger their club lost a fecking final.

If you're throwing such shitty insults expect it to be told to you. Don't dish it out if you're not prepared to receive it.

There's is an easy solution though. Instead of actually telling fans who are angry their club lost that they're whinning cnuts that should go on support another club in such a disgraceful manner, you can simply log off, leave the site and come back two days later when everyone has calmed down.

Stacks

also it shows the fine margins that games can be won and lost on. One of our greatest triumphs (Moscow 2008) was won on a penalty shootout.

managers are shite when they dont win. I think he should have brought on subs earlier, and also I am not a fan of a “cup keeper”. You play your no 1 keeper in the big matches. That would appear to be Henderson. We had more than enough on the pitch to win, every player and the manager is culpable. However, we move on and we do better next time. No need for the firing squad.
We played the 7th team in La Liga. We need depth to beat these? What Kane and Sancho maybe?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Then don't come on and act as a highly elite top red fan telling people they're whinning cnuts that should support other clubs just because they're expressing their anger their club lost a fecking final.

If you're throwing such shitty insults expect it to be told to you. Don't dish it out if you're not prepared to receive it.

There's is an easy solution though. Instead of actually telling fans who are angry their club lost that they're whinning cnuts that should go on support another club in such a disgraceful manner, you can simply log off, leave the site and come back two days later when everyone has calmed down.
Bit of a difference being annoyed and just wanting to pick the bones out of the game to just posting capital letter bottlers and cowards and wanting to sell all three of Bruno pogba and mctominay. That’s not annoyed, that’s just being a whining cnut

groovyalbert

it's a mute point

Yeah, agreed that venting and demands to chop and change everything are way over the top.

That said, if you're going to celebrate the wins, you're going to hurt at the losses too.

This one was worse than most because we are so much better than them on paper, and the reason we've lost is because Ole got tactically bent over. He was hopeless tonight.

His record in Europe isn't great in the big games against teams that have a bit of nouse about them.

Bar the PSG tie in his first season (which was a huge fluke/major feck up by them), he's largely been out-thought by managers with anything about them.

He got done by all the managers in our CL group this season, done by the first proper team we faced in Europa last season - and came close to bottling it v Copenhagen too, and was exposed by Roma before tonight this season.

There are definite patterns unfolding which are far from positive. And it was a lot easier to pass off a final loss when SAF was at the helm and you knew another would likely crop up the following season. I honestly don't know when we'll win something next.

Still behind Ole and like what he's doing big picture/rebuilding the squad and culture, but I doubt he'll be around for too long. Especially as I think he hit his ceiling in the league this season.

Luke1995

We can only see the end result which isn't good enough. This team does not play football that's headed towards the top. Not surprising given we don't have a top class manager. We'll keep hovering around the 2nd to 5th from year to year until we do
At least we qualified for CL right. Another season playing in the Europa League wouldn't go down very well with the fans...

Elite top red! You sound like a proper tit. I am happy to accept shit.

another solution, is to get grip of yourself now, rather than have to throw a paddy for 48 hours.

Luke1995

Agree and it'll continue until we get players who can really pass or create angles with their first and second touch.

Nothing to do with bottle.
I think Mata is one of these players with a really good eye for a pass and creativity.

Unfortunately he not only is past his prime but isn't very suited to the PL style

It would be great to get someone like him but younger and faster.

el3mel

Elite top red! You sound like a proper tit. I am happy to accept shit.

another solution, is to get grip of yourself now, rather than have to throw a paddy for 48 hours.
No I'm fine with myself being angry the same day we lose a final. When we even lost to fecking Seville in CL QF 2018 I needed several days to be able to watch football again. I'm fine with myself like that.

Two days later we'll calm down and eventually move on. If you can't endure the club's fans being angry on the same day we lose a final then I told you the solution for that, because the other one you want, us just completely forgetting we lost a trophy 1-2 hours later isn't going to happen.

But if you're telling the fans they're whinning cnuts that should go on support another team then expect a response. Easy, really.

Giggsy13

In a final, there is always a team that loses. It’s shit. It’s demoralising. But the default is not that the loser bottles it. Such a shit phrase, that seems to have been popularised on the caf.
I hear you mate, just gutted we couldn’t end the year off with a trophy. I think post-Fergie real hope that we’ll actually contend has been few and far between. A trophy would’ve tied up the season nicely, but instead the players have to carry the burden of it being 4 now 5 years without a trophy.

Yeah, agreed that venting and demands to chop and change everything are way over the top.

That said, if you're going to celebrate the wins, you're going to hurt at the losses too.

This one was worse than most because we are so much better than them on paper, and the reason we've lost is because Ole got tactically bent over. He was hopeless tonight.

His record in Europe isn't great in the big games against teams that have a bit of nouse about them.

Bar the PSG tie in his first season (which was a huge fluke/major feck up by them), he's largely been out-thought by managers with anything about them.

He got done by all the managers in our CL group this season, done by the first proper team we faced in Europa last season - and came close to bottling it v Copenhagen too, and was exposed by Roma before tonight this season.

There are definite patterns unfolding which are far from positive. And it was a lot easier to pass off a final loss when SAF was at the helm and you knew another would likely crop up the following season. I honestly don't know when we'll win something next.

Still behind Ole and like what he's doing big picture/rebuilding the squad and culture, but I doubt he'll be around for too long. Especially as I think he hit his ceiling in the league this season.
This is a good post. I don’t know whether Ogs will be here for the longer term. A part of me thinks he would be perfect as a DOF - but what we have seen is progress, irrespective of tonight’s result. Next season is make or break. he needs a serious title challenge. We arent that far away - a good transfer window will make or break him. Which in fairness is really out of his hands.

Littlinho

Been obvious for years that we need at least two technicians at the club in midfield positions who can play in tight spaces and create for us. As soon as we come up against a low block we have no idea.

Acole9

Outstanding
I think I'd rather go back to being semi final bottlers than losing in the final. Doesn't hurt as much.

No I'm fine with myself being angry the same day we lose a final. When we even lost to fecking Seville in CL QF 2018 I needed several days to be able to watch football again. I'm fine with myself like that.

Two days later we'll calm down and eventually move on. If you can't endure the club's fans being angry on the same day we lose a final then I told you the solution for that, because the other one you want, us just completely forgetting we lost a trophy 1-2 hours later isn't going to happen.

But if you're telling the fans they're whinning cnuts that should go on support another team then expect a response. Easy, really.
Look. Perhaps I’m coMing to the equilibrium quicker than others - that’s not meant as a criticism, i appreciate we all react differently - but this forum can be a cesspit of negativity. It’s fine margins, and we can’t control that.

Littlinho

Why is Emery a tactical genius? Stick everyone behind the ball and hope for a set piece goal or penalties?! I think Emery has been on the phone to big Sam.

el3mel

Look. Perhaps I’m coMing to the equilibrium quicker than others - that’s not meant as a criticism, i appreciate we all react differently - but this forum can be a cesspit of negativity. It’s fine margins, and we can’t control that.
Look, I apologize for my offensive response myself. I think we talked several times before and never took a discussion to such route, so I'm sorry. I'm just angry and was pissed off when I saw your earlier post and found it inappropriate for the current circumstances.

As I said this is just normal reaction it's just 2 hours after we lost a trophy. We'll move on eventually. I'm pretty sure tomorrow I'll be in better mood. Just give us some damn time that's all. There was no reason for your earlier post when everyone are on their nerve and angry.

Anyway, again, I apologize.

I hear you mate, just gutted we couldn’t end the year off with a trophy. I think post-Fergie real hope that we’ll actually contend has been few and far between. A trophy would’ve tied up the season nicely, but instead the players have to carry the burden of it being 4 now 5 years without a trophy.
There’s deffo a burden to carry. I hope the players react in the right way, and have fire in their bellies for next season. We are a better team than we were 12 months ago, and 24 months ago.

Look, I apologize for my offensive response myself. I think we talked several times before and never took a discussion to such route, so I'm sorry. I'm just angry and was pissed off when I saw your earlier post and found it inappropriate for the current circumstances.

As I said this is just normal reaction it's just 2 hours after we lost a trophy. We'll move on eventually. I'm pretty sure tomorrow I'll be in better mood. Just give us some damn time that's all. There was no reason for your earlier post when everyone are on their nerve and angry.

Anyway, again, I apologize.
I understand tensions, and emotions. It took a lot out of me this evening. No need to apologise, and clearly I appreciate the anger and frustration - it runs through my veins. I apologise for my post, I just don’t want everything to be negative. I do get annoyed at the general negativity on here (not just tonight). I’m not bloody happy, and have been ostracised by the other half - i just don’t think it’s all doom and gloom.

el3mel

I understand tensions, and emotions. It took a lot out of me this evening. No need to apologise, and clearly I appreciate the anger and frustration - it runs through my veins. I apologise for my post, I just don’t want everything to be negative. I do get annoyed at the general negativity on here (not just tonight). I’m not bloody happy, and have been ostracised by the other half - i just don’t think it’s all doom and gloom.
No problem. It was just the tension of the loss and the heat got between us. Hopefully we don't talk to each other like this again.

And yeah it's not all doom and gloom I agree. At the same time, this game just arose all my doubts about Ole as his capability of a manager to win us big trophies. He has done very well to rebuild the squad and improve us as a team overall. However I just can't see him to be the main to take us the next step.

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong.

No problem. It was just the tension of the loss and the heat got between us. Hopefully we don't talk to each other like this again.

And yeah it's not all doom and gloom I agree. At the same time, this game just arose all my doubts about Ole as his capability of a manager to win us big trophies. He has done very well to rebuild the squad and improve us as a team overall. However I just can't see him to be the main to take us the next step.

Anyway, hopefully I'm wrong.
Id want a hug if you were here. Hopefully we can all move on. :)

Posh Red

When the manager doesn’t have any bottle can’t complain the players don’t.
Come on mate. Think about what you’ve just said. The scorer or the most high pressured, important goal in this clubs history, doesn’t have any bottle?

This makes me feel like calling it a day on this forum to be honest.

Eddy_JukeZ

Unfortunately we are.

We were top of the league and then proceeded to drop silly points.

If we were playing Real/Barcelona in the final, we probably would have played much better.

Whenever there's expectations on us, we crumble.

Kopral Jono

We're bottlers because we haven't been winning things. You can shout 'we're seeing progress' as loud as you want but the undeniable fact is trophies breed confidence.

Roboc7

Come on mate. Think about what you’ve just said. The scorer or the most high pressured, important goal in this clubs history, doesn’t have any bottle?

This makes me feel like calling it a day on this forum to be honest.
Ole as a player and a manager are two different things, he bottled the game last night and looked out of his depth.

Scoring a goal as a player has absolutely no impact on how he is judged as a manager, no idea why even being used as a comparison, very odd.

gajender

Ole as a player and a manager are two different things, he bottled the game last night and looked out of his depth.

Scoring a goal as a player has absolutely no impact on how he is judged as a manager, no idea why even being used as a comparison, very odd.
I don't think it has anything to do with bottle, Ole unfortunately is a very Conservative Manager whose primary instinct is to not lose rather than winning which shows in his use of Subs as well as his Starting line Ups mostly.
Game yesterday was crying out for bravery and Boldness like bringing in Someone like Amad bit of a maverick move after a slow integration he had in the team but what did he do Brought Mata and James two pretty safe choices that sums up him as a manager.

Judas

Open to offers
This team desperately needs winners. Players who have been there and done it. It's remarkably low on experienced players who know how to do it in a final. But then I say this, and you've got a world cup winner in the middle of it who was barely present today.

The mentality of this squad still seems way off.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
The more I think about it, the more the bottler tag seems true. Nobody on our team realty tried to win the game, besides Scott McTominay.

Nobody tried to take the initiative for us. I think back to the Euro 2016 final. Portugal weren't great but Eder decided to try and win it, took a pot shot from distance and voila. Where was that from us? We had three shots on target. We didn't really test the goalie.

This season, when faced with packed defences we have found answers. Playing against a low block is not a new challenge for us. The likes of Pogba and Bruno have broken the deadlock in games like that. Think about Pogba scoring against West Ham, Burnley, Fulham etc. Last night nobody even tried. We didn't even get the customary Marcus Rashford 30 yard drive.

We didn't really try to test Villarreal's keeper. We tried to play through them for 120 minutes instead of going around the outside or just taking some shots and seeing if we could get lucky on the rebound. When you've got Cavani sniffing at every lose ball why not just have a crack and see?

Based on what I saw last night I can only think that the occasion got to them. That makes you wonder if this team has the bottle for better things?

We wet the bed as soon as we went top of the league this season. We didn't turn up in the Europa League final. Can this squad be trusted to get the job done?