We don't know how to sell players

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
The likes of Bailly/Lingard/Mata/Jones should have even been sold before covid hit planet Earth. Those players are pointless for us right now just as they were back then

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The likes of Bailly/Lingard/Mata/Jones should have even been sold before covid hit planet Earth. Those players are pointless for us right now just as they were back then
You want to go into the season with 3 CBs in the squad?

jem

Could it also be that at least some of these players being on we assume very good contracts do not want to leave. If they wish to stay and see out their contracts then the club is in a very difficult position.
I'm getting a bit sick of hearing this. Do you think Fergie would have stood for that? He'd have told the player in no uncertain terms that he was surplus to requirements and the player would've been gone ASAP. It was before my time, but I'd be surprised if Ince, Hughes, and Kanchelskis were that enthusiastic about leaving, and yet leave they did.

SAFMUTD

We wait to long to sell underwhelming players, Matic, Mata, Bailly, Lingard, Pereira, Jones etc have been deadwood for at least 2 seasons. Wonder why we can't sell them now?

It's not only about the wages is about us holding onto deadwood until it's completely rotten.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
We wait till they become a meme before selling them. Relying on them for too long.

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
This year we signed 2 players. One was Jadon Sancho a transfer that took a year and a half to make. The other is Varane who wanted to leave from Real and is a United fan. These were two easy signings with barely any competition for them. Meanwhile United had given new contract extensions to Grant and Mata + it had struggled to sell anyone. It looks to me that this is the same old Manchester United who struggles to sell, it struggles to buy, it only goes for the obvious signings and would give contract extensions to dead wood.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
We must sell James and Lingard. It would be stupid to keep them for some rare games to play