We Have Such a Big Problem at this club

TrueRed1999

Somehow bleaker than Nostradamus
The defeat last night felt like the Seville one a few years back under Jose's tenor where the players were spineless, gutless and a shambles par a few. Ole is the manager but gets it wrong so many times and he has to take the blame for his team selection which was a joke. David De Gea - Injured few games ago but plays him when Henderson had a great game against West Ham, Luke Shaw - Injured for few weeks, why not just play Alex Telles or Brandon Williams, Scott McTominay - hasn't had a great season, I would have started Matic in a game like this or Van De Beek. And the start to this game was the same we have seen throughout this season, non existent can't be arsed trying from the entire team. How can Ole call himself a manager when you can't motivate your players to actually start a game by at least trying, not trying to come back from 1/2 goals behind every single game. Its getting tiring it really is and add the Pogba situation again. This club is an absolute laughing stock of world football.

The Board are even worse than the players which are awful, the only reason we are where we are in the league is due to how awful this premier league season has been for the majority of teams. Any standard league where this team starts games like they have been would see us in Arsenal's position. How much money have we thrown at the defence, probably the worst defense we have had in over 30 years and that is some doing. 50m spent on Aaron Wan-Bissaka who is awful, had a good start to his United career but has withered away, a RB should be able to attack and defend and the first 2 goals conceded yesterday were his fault by not doing the basics you would expect off a ten year old and look back to see who is behind you. Lindelof is our best defender and you have to absolutely laugh at that as he is dreadful, decent on the ball but how he has made a career for himself is beyond me. Harry Maguire I really cannot grasp how he is our captain he is spineless, doesn't show any sort of leadership on the pitch and I would seriously look at getting rid what a waste of 80m and then you have Luke Shaw, the Injury King who needs to go. Unreliable, Uncontestable and Uncaring is how I would describe our defence, People blaming David De Gea need to take a look at themselves even though Henderson should have started he would have still had to deal with the inept stupid defence in front of him which literally cost us the game.

And then the Paul Pogba situation, just let him go. He had a good attitude when he came on but him coming on when he hasn't said anything after what his agent came out and said tells you everything about the worm and how it undermined the manager yet again.

Wheres the determination, the heart and the willingness to even try gone at this club even Marcus Rashford Mancunian Born and Bred looked like he couldn't give a damn in our biggest game of the season yesterday and he needs to have a look at himself now and see if he would rather be a campaigner/politician than a footballer as you look to these United through and through players and expect them to be leading the way not showing what I witnessed yesterday.

And now the Derby is coming and you think things cannot get worse but they will. It going to be decades until this club is worthy of being a champion again as we have crumbled in all forms of credibility of all things needed to be champions again. From the top, through the club to the bottom this club is a explosive catastrophe away from imploding.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Ole gets the tactics wrong most games, then by some miracle gets a win in some of them. He then thinks his tactics were right. Last night his luck finally ran out. He seems incapable of getting them right in the first place.

TrueRed1999

Ole gets the tactics wrong most games, then by some miracle gets a win in some of them. He then thinks his tactics were right. Last night his luck finally ran out. He seems incapable of getting them right in the first place.
I wholeheartedly agree with this.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole gets it wrong in almost every game. Individual brilliance bails him out most of the time. What was tactical about our last 2 comebacks? Nothing, he brought world class players on & they won the game for him.

Ask any fan in the league if they’d swap managers. They’d all say no.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Excellent post. Exactly my thought, worded much more articulately because I’m still fuming.

El Zoido

Tactically he was better last season, strange he seems to have regressed. But his successes do often feel like flukes anyway. I really feel there are deeper issues than simple tactics though, master tactician Jose couldn’t crack it either. Application of the players just isn’t there, and hasn’t been for the previous two managers either. Ole is toast anyway so it doesn’t even matter, curious to see how the next guy gets on with this team. Would actually like to see Nagelsmann with this group of players. The microscope is so focussed on this club I think any manager will find it difficult to operate how they’d like, you can’t develop a team if the sky falls every time you lose a game.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Ole gets it wrong in almost every game. Individual brilliance bails him out most of the time. What was tactical about our last 2 comebacks? Nothing, he brought world class players on & they won the game for him.

Ask any fan in the league if they’d swap managers. They’d all say no.
It isn't even about getting it wrong. It's about not being good enough. Just like Big Sam can try all he like at a big club but he hasn't got what it takes.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
True. Incredible really. Bruno scoring/assisting an almost goal to game ratio has saved Ole's skin countless times.
Replace that superhuman ratio with an average ratio (say goal every 3 games) and Ole gets sacked waaaaay before.

It isn't good really. Ole has no attacking pattern, its just rely on Bruno/Rashford/Martial/Greenwood to score.
That strategy will never win us a league and will see us knocked out of cup ties in 1 off games.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This was nowhere near as bad as Sevilla to be honest.

We had a pathetic 15 minutes but then controlled the match from that point. Sevilla just kicked us off the pitch for 90 minutes.

TrueRed1999

Tactically he was better last season, strange he seems to have regressed. But his successes do often feel like flukes anyway. I really feel there are deeper issues than simple tactics though, master tactician Jose couldn’t crack it either. Application of the players just isn’t there, and hasn’t been for the previous two managers either. Ole is toast anyway so it doesn’t even matter, curious to see how the next guy gets on with this team. Would actually like to see Nagelsmann with this group of players. The microscope is so focussed on this club I think any manager will find it difficult to operate how they’d like, you can’t develop a team if the sky falls every time you lose a game.
Its the coaching as well though Carrick and McKenna are showing how inexperienced they are.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Not only does he think he got it right, our fans do. That's what gets me. Some of these people are unable to objectively assess the game.

Greck

Is a player supposed to overcome bad teamwide tactics and coaching? Bruno by sheer determination does this and even he wasn't able to stop us from crashing out of the CL. Last week against PSG he must have felt like he was having to overcome 11 men plus his own manager

El Zoido

Its the coaching as well though Carrick and McKenna are showing how inexperienced they are.
Yep I agree. Needs overturning top to bottom, it comes from the board though, and they don’t know what they’re doing any more than Ole does.

DomesticTadpole

Not only does he think he got it right, our fans do. That's what gets me. Some of these people are unable to objectively assess the game.
Last night might not entirely have been the wrong tactics, but then he chooses the wrong personnel. He just stumbles about from game to game.

iHicksy

I think it's because Ole has genuinely learned from Fergie about man management, the media side and how to motivate players to play for manchester united and get the result when the chips are down. However, that's really his only strength. He doesn't really seem to get tactics or attacking patterns of play and this is furthered by the fact his coaching staff is comprised of Phelan and Carrick. Now, if you remember Fergie's final year when Phelan was taking training we played some of the absolute worst football i've seen from a United team. We played a very "lock block" with everyone on the edge of the area most of the time and looked to counter. We relied heavily on individual brilliance, often in the form of Rvp or Rooney.

We have Carrick who wouldn't be a top coach at any other football club, he's learning on the job. Well, that's not something United could or should accommodate. We've become the good ole' boys club. Hiring ex players and staff despite not having the required credentials to take us forward, purely because they have a United connection.

You can see the parallels with Fergie's final season and this team in terms of relying on individuals and a mentality of coming from behind no matter what. Even though that's an excellent mentality to have, it can only take you so far. Attacking patterns, full backs and tactical knowledge are more important now than they ever have been. We don't have any kind of system under Ole. No matter what people say. It's pretty clear he wants every type of player in his team in order to give tactical flexibility. However, changing formation and fitting square players into round holes means we never form partnerships on the pitch. You can see it in every game, these partnerships are integral to football. One game it's fred mct, the next it's matic and VDB, Mata. His team selections are baffling at times. It's frustrating becauase Ole has positive qualities as stated above, he clearly learnt how to manage United from Fergie and I don't think his style of management would work elsewhere, because it requires manchester united to be his driving force for motivating the players. He'd be great in a lesser role where he still gets to speak to the players about what it means and what it takes to play for us. We need someone like Poch to come in and clear out the backroom staff and get some coaches in that can instill movement patterns and intensity in the team.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

This was nowhere near as bad as Sevilla to be honest.

We had a pathetic 15 minutes but then controlled the match from that point. Sevilla just kicked us off the pitch for 90 minutes.
What? We played far better against Sevilla than last night. We actually deserved to win that game. We deserved nothing last night.

DomesticTadpole

I think it's because Ole has genuinely learned from Fergie about man management, the media side and how to motivate players to play for manchester united and get the result when the chips are down. However, that's really his only strength. He doesn't really seem to get tactics or attacking patterns of play and this is furthered by the fact his coaching staff is comprised of Phelan and Carrick. Now, if you remember Fergie's final year when Phelan was taking training we played some of the absolute worst football i've seen from a United team. We played a very "lock block" with everyone on the edge of the area most of the time and looked to counter. We relied heavily on individual brilliance, often in the form of Rvp or Rooney.

We have Carrick who wouldn't be a top coach at any other football club, he's learning on the job. Well, that's not something United could or should accommodate. We've become the good ole' boys club. Hiring ex players and staff despite not having the required credentials to take us forward, purely because they have a United connection.

You can see the parallels with Fergie's final season and this team in terms of relying on individuals and a mentality of coming from behind no matter what. Even though that's an excellent mentality to have, it can only take you so far. Attacking patterns, full backs and tactical knowledge are more important now than they ever have been. We don't have any kind of system under Ole. No matter what people say. It's pretty clear he wants every type of player in his team in order to give tactical flexibility. However, changing formation and fitting square players into round holes means we never form partnerships on the pitch. You can see it in every game, these partnerships are integral to football. One game it's fred mct, the next it's matic and VDB, Mata. His team selections are baffling at times. It's frustrating becauase Ole has positive qualities as stated above, he clearly learnt how to manage United from Fergie and I don't think his style of management would work elsewhere, because it requires manchester united to be his driving force for motivating the players. He'd be great in a lesser role where he still gets to speak to the players about what it means and what it takes to play for us. We need someone like Poch to come in and clear out the backroom staff and get some coaches in that can instill movement patterns and intensity in the team.
You say about motivation, yes sometimes SAF had an off day, but why are we starting games so slowly. To me that is the players not being motivated until we are in a hole.

Sir Bobby

One thing struck me yesterday.
It feels like many players are satisfied with just signing for United. That means success by default, and you're just happy to be part of it.
Most just wait for somebody else to do something on the pitch. Give the ball to Bruno/somebody else and then it will be alright.
No determination, nothing.

I might be totally wrong, but when you look at the willingness to take that extra run down the flank or actually care by showing some feelings, isn't just there.

TrueRed1999

I totally agree with everything you have said.

El Zoido

Agreed. Fergie wasn’t a great tactician either, but the greatest man manager in football history. Our best football under SAF was when McClaren, Queiroz, and Meulensteen were running the sessions. Not Phelan. This isn’t meant as a defence of Ole, but more of the importance of having a strong coaching team with a strong collective skill set. Which we definitely do not have right now.

James Peril

The players start to act on instinct helped by adrenaline and panic, their skills win the game - despite OGS’s tactics, not because of them. OGS could basically leave the stadium when the whistle is blown and we would end up with the same. We could have the kitman or lunchlady responsible for this team and we would still win most of the games we have won under Solskjær - because we have great players, and in most games, better players than the other team.

DomesticTadpole

Agreed. Fergie wasn’t a great tactician either, but the greatest man manager in football history. Our best football under SAF was when McClaren, Queiroz, and Meulensteen were running the sessions. Not Phelan. This isn’t meant as a defence of Ole, but more of the importance of having a strong coaching team with a strong collective skill set. Which we definitely do not have right now.
Maybe Mike Phelan is Ole's 'yes man'. Rene might have been better but might have clashed with Ole as he has a big personality. Our manager and coaching staff are not exactly brimming with charisma.

DomesticTadpole

The players start to act on instinct helped by adrenaline and panic, their skills win the game - despite OGS’s tactics, not because of them. OGS could basically leave the stadium when the whistle is blown and we would end up with the same. We could have the kitman or lunchlady responsible for this team and we would still win most of the games we have won under Solskjær - because we have great players, and in most games, better players than the other team.
Agree.

TrueRed1999

The problem with Ole mainly is he is too nice, he is to on a friends level with the players you need someone who will be ruthless in bringing players off after 10 minutes when they clearly are the issue or change tactics immediately when 2-0 down not wait until half time.

chicha14

If our football club was a human being it would be Mino Raiola...

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
The problem with Ole mainly is he is too nice, he is to on a friends level with the players you need someone who will be ruthless in bringing players off after 10 minutes when they clearly are the issue or change tactics immediately when 2-0 down not wait until half time.
The problem with Ole is that he plays his favourites and will do nothing to replace them until it's too late.

Contrast that with his non favourites and you'll see how quick he takes them off when they're not performing or just freeze them out from the squad.

That's a sign of shit man management.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I think it says it all when someone comes in here has to win despite our owners input and their lack of willingness to fix their previous mistakes in an aggressive enough fashion. Last season ole didn’t have a complete squad. Remember? And he got us into the CL. We didn’t invest this summer in the same positions apart from backup LB and AMC... how were people expecting giant strides forward when it’s the same group just now with a different free transfer forward nobody else wanted scoring our crucial goals? The owners are clueless and you could get Klopp in tomorrow and they’d still insist he work with Pogba and martial and we’d still win nothing. Better managers than Ole would have walked away by now.

TrueRed1999

I think it says it all when someone comes in here has to win despite our owners input and their lack of willingness to fix their previous mistakes in an aggressive enough fashion. Last season ole didn’t have a complete squad. Remember? And he got us into the CL. We didn’t invest this summer in the same positions apart from backup LB and AMC... how were people expecting giant strides forward when it’s the same group just now with a different free transfer forward nobody else wanted scoring our crucial goals? The owners are clueless and you could get Klopp in tomorrow and they’d still insist he work with Pogba and martial and we’d still win nothing. Better managers than Ole would have walked away by now.
I wasn't expecting giant strides but the setup Ole has for each game is Conference Level at best and the FACT these players cannot motivate themselves to actually want to start well until after 40 minutes is pathetic for a professional footballer. We panicked bought on the last day due to the toxicity of the fans towards the club which is starting to rise now, the only reason Chevrolet extended their sponsorship to another 6 months is no sponsor wants to touch us as United is Bad for Business. Woodward wont go unless the owners do and that is where we are at.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wasn't expecting giant strides but the setup Ole has for each game is Conference Level at best and the FACT these players cannot motivate themselves to actually want to start well until after 40 minutes is pathetic for a professional footballer. We panicked bought on the last day due to the toxicity of the fans towards the club which is starting to rise now, the only reason Chevrolet extended their sponsorship to another 6 months is no sponsor wants to touch us as United is Bad for Business. Woodward wont go unless the owners do and that is where we are at.
well swapping the manager isn’t going to fix the organisation. The main point still stand

Pogba was never fully committed but is one of our main stars. Why have we let this keep going for years? He’s clearly disruptive to group and makes the club look bad every few months for years.
No right winger/the sancho fiasco
3 years for Matic and no investment in another crucial position.
messing up Oles deals for haaland and bellingham. Welching on Upamecano deal when he was a youth. Ignoring the scouts after we played Ajax and Anderlecht in the EL a few years back.
Big Long New Contracts for everyone
DDG wage and contract.
replacing lukaku with 2 ofree transfers
No DOF

That’s not on the manager. The owners provide the roster and have final say at the end of the day and they have been happy to see us compete season after season with the above problems. No manager has fully finished their rebuild here because the owners are clueless and meddle in the football side behind the scenes when they clearly don’t know what they are doing. I want to believe Ole is fixing things slowly from the inside. We were just a year too early for the CL and we got a really hard group. We aren’t a complete team yet.

TrueRed1999

well swapping the manager isn’t going to fix the organisation. The main point still stand

Pogba was never fully committed but is one of our main stars. Why have we let this keep going for years? He’s clearly disruptive to group and makes the club look bad every few months for years.
No right winger/the sancho fiasco
3 years for Matic and no investment in another crucial position.
messing up Oles deals for haaland and bellingham. Welching on Upamecano deal when he was a youth. Ignoring the scouts after we played Ajax and Anderlecht in the EL a few years back.
Big Long New Contracts for everyone
DDG wage and contract.
replacing lukaku with 2 ofree transfers
No DOF

That’s not on the manager. The owners provide the roster and have final say at the end of the day and they have been happy to see us compete season after season with the above problems. No manager has fully finished their rebuild here because the owners are clueless and meddle in the football side behind the scenes when they clearly don’t know what they are doing
You do realise Haaland and Bellingham was never happening, they were close but chose Dortmund and can you blame them a much better run club that us. All the issues you pointed out are due to the inept Woodward and Board, why do you think we panic bought on the last day of the window. The RW situation is a joke I agree and with the Sancho situation made us look an even more laughing stock. But aside from that the setup and coaching are you telling me your happy with it as if you are, you are lying to yourself. And that comes from Ole being to friendly with these players who will stab him in the back without no issue. Your supposed to respect, be a little intimated and in awe of your manager not be your fecking best friend.