We Need a Psychopathic Dictator In Charge of Our Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

...that also knows about football. You know, someone like Fergie.

Our club cannot be run by accountants. It’s too big.

Woodward must be replaced by someone more interested in football and then we need a very strong manager and footballing set-up that dictates to the board that technique is more important than social media followers.

It can be done, but until it does we will remain in this hideous funk.

Any takers or suggestions for this role?

For what it’s worth (gotta love Buffalo Springfield), I’d take Ajax’s set-up en masse, but that’s never going to happen.

It’s just all rather depressing, really...

Bojan11

Even a figure like Perez would do. I’m sure he’s not evil.

We need some ruthlessness and direction on where to go.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Put roy keane in the dressing room and id dare any of them to stroll around the pitch.

Chairman Steve

We just need someone who has an interest in the actual football and understand a need to improve or change things when they aren’t working, and not marketing guys making money for the passive owners, who seemingly hope that the guy they choose can just do what Sir Alex did.

Thomas A.Anderson

We had him. He won us 2 trophies and finished 2nd.

And then he wasn't satisfied with that and he wanted better. So the players and club turned on him and kicked him out. Good times.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Perhaps we have different takes on Fergie’s character. I’d describe him exactly as above.
You would describe Ferguson as psychopathic dictator? That's incredibly disrespectful and insulting.

Josep Dowling

We had him. He won us 2 trophies and finished 2nd.

And then he wasn't satisfied with that and he wanted better. So the players and club turned on him and kicked him out. Good times.
Yep. Did you hear Keane after the game, first thing that needed sorting was the defence. I know he made bad choices with Bailly and Lindelof but they were the only defenders he got bare a youngster at RB. He was very vocal about wanting a CB he never got.

Mourinho needed to go in the end but I’m sure if the board gave him what he wanted in the summer he wouldn’t have acted the way he did from pre-season to the end of his tenure.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

We just need someone who has an interest in the actual football and understand a need to improve or change things when they aren’t working, and not marketing guys making money for the passive owners, who seemingly hope that the guy they choose can just do what Sir Alex did.
Quite.

Fewer bean counters and more football bastards is my thinking. It pains me to see managers like Klopp and Guardiola seeming to have complete football control over their clubs in conjunction with knowledgable administrators. If they can do it, why can’t we?

joedirt87

...that also knows about football. You know, someone like Fergie.

Our club cannot be run by accountants. It’s too big.

Woodward must be replaced by someone more interested in football and then we need a very strong manager and footballing set-up that dictates to the board that technique is more important than social media followers.

It can be done, but until it does we will remain in this hideous funk.

Any takers or suggestions for this role?

For what it’s worth (gotta love Buffalo Springfield), I’d take Ajax’s set-up en masse, but that’s never going to happen.

It’s just all rather depressing, really...
Are we even going to be taking about Ajax as some great model in 2-3 years. Admire how they run things but they just seem like the hot name because they happened to get a fantastic class of kids. I don’t see people talking about Monaco anymore and they were a hot property before being raided

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Quite.

Fewer bean counters and more football bastards is my thinking. It pains me to see managers like Klopp and Guardiola seeming to have complete football control over their clubs in conjunction with knowledgable administrators. If they can do it, why can’t we?
One of the reasons Liverpool and City are doing better is Klopp and Guardiola are not in complete control of their club. Both clubs have added infrastructure so they are less reliant on the manager and allows them to focus on mostly coaching the team.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

We had Van Gaal and Mourinho already. Didn't work that well.
They needed to dictate fully on footballing matters. Woodward stopped this. I wouldn’t want Woodward spending on or suggesting any future signings.

The fabled Director of Football needs complete control on footballing matters. Woodward’s job should be to sign cheques only from now.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Quick - somebody ask Hennessey for a suggestion!

Rory 7

When are ye all going to listen and realise this...when SAF retired the Glazers rubbed their hands at having control of ‘their’ club. That’s been the problem since 2012, we have the wrong dictators in charge. The fans need to take this club back from these ownwers somehow.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

One of the reasons Liverpool and City are doing better is Klopp and Guardiola are not in complete control of their club. Both clubs have added infrastructure so they are less reliant on the manager and allows them to focus on mostly coaching the team.
Yes, I’m including the infrastructure of scouts, youth teams et al. The point is that the manager must have people behind the scenes that are working with the same footballing plans or mindset.

We’ve no structure running through the club that I can see.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
I would do this
Bit I will say one thing (again), match going fans could change this. They need to be heard, they need to take out the white handkerchiefs and boo the feck out of Woodward and half the squad.

Wooodward and the rest of the high ups needs to start feeling uncomfortable coming to games because they know what's coming to them.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Yes, I’m including the infrastructure of scouts, youth teams et al. The point is that the manager must have people behind the scenes that are working with the same footballing plans or mindset.

We’ve no structure running through the club that I can see.
Well that is not exactly a dictatorship.

Oscar.Z.Acosta

Quick - somebody ask Hennessey for a suggestion!
Alcohol is never the answer, Steve!

To all literalists in the thread, the term ‘Psychopathic Dictator’ is a euphemism for a strong manager that is given the tools for the job. Basically, I want David Gill back and Woodward to get worms and leave his post.

Bojan11

To all literalists in the thread, the term ‘Psychopathic Dictator’ is a euphemism for a strong manager that is given the tools for the job. Basically, I want David Gill back and Woodward to get worms and leave his post.
David Gill isn’t any better. He had Fergie alongside him. Woodward probably would have been ok under Fergie.

We need a footballing man or some ruthless man who won’t stand for fourth place finishes. We becoming Arsenal but a more expensive version.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi

Gill has the same type of background as Woodward.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

So you want the CEO that let the academy sink, maintained an amateurish structure and scouting network and was overseeing the "value" era?

Status
Not open for further replies.