We Need To Talk About Mane

KingMinger22

City >>> United. Moaning twat
What a player.

Just watching a replay of Liverpool v Sevilla.

Liverpool bummed them but drew.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
What a player.

Just watching a replay of Liverpool v Sevilla.

Liverpool bummed them but drew.
He's phenomenal. Could absolutely step up to a higher level. He'd be a perfect replacement for Ribery at Bayern.

(Leaving aside the fact that they have Coman but he looks far better down the left anyway).

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
We Need To Talk About Ashley Young

What a player.

Just watching a replay of United v Basel.

United bummed them and won.

:angel:

ReallyUSA

Mane is really, really good. I am surprised that he doesn't have more teams trying to pry him away. Imagine his numbers and L'pool's position if he didn't leave for AFCON. He will probably be player of the EPL with Hazard and Romelu in contention.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
They are going to have difficulty hanging on to him next summer. The travails of being a 2nd tier big club.

Listar

To think we were linked with him before. Was it during Moyes or Van Gaal era?

Runner

Van Gaal I believe
It was Van Gaal and I was ridiculed for saying he'd be great for us. Not many people saw his potential at Southampton but he made Pelle look a lot better than he was. He'd have been a superb signing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
He's a world class footballer in the making. The tier below Neymar in terms of left wingers but up there with best of the rest. How I wish we had him at left wing instead of Martial and Rashford.

Feed Me

I'm hungry
He's a world class footballer in the making. The tier below Neymar in terms of left wingers but up there with best of the rest. How I wish we had him at left wing instead of Martial and Rashford.
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
I'm sorry but this is ridiculous.
They're all talented but Mane is above them right now in terms of close control, skill and decision making. Mane would have been a brilliant signing for us and is the type of player who can cause damage from a standing start as well as on the counter. Can score goals and excellent creator for a wide man too.

Mindhunter

They're all talented but Mane is above them right now in terms of close control, skill and decision making. Mane would have been a brilliant signing for us and is the type of player who can cause damage from a standing start as well as on the counter. Can score goals and excellent creator for a wide man too.
True but Liverpool's 4-3-3 system with high tempo counter attacks suits his game. We are much slower in the build up (although it's getting better) and he would mostly have to face a very deep full back and lack of space to cut in due to overcramped midfield.

Putting it another way - if Martial played for this current Liverpool team, he would look far more thereatening.

prtk0811

But not at the left wing, He would have been perfect on the right for us, instead of mata, linagard or mkh who sulks on the wings.

Treble

Once Coutinho hits form, their attack will be frightening. Can see Liverpool having a season like 13-14.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
True but Liverpool's 4-3-3 system with high tempo counter attacks suits his game. We are much slower in the build up (although it's getting better) and he would mostly have to face a very deep full back and lack of space to cut in due to overcramped midfield.

Putting it another way - if Martial played for this current Liverpool team, he would look far more thereatening.
Agree on the last point but have also seen Liverpool bogged down whenever teams go to Anfield.. and he's the only player who consistently looks threatening. Big player in the making.. he is already outgrowing the club. Because of his nationality he's not seen as the sexiest name at Liverpool but I bet you their fans would keep him over Coutinho any day of the week.

reddevil702

It was Van Gaal and I was ridiculed for saying he'd be great for us. Not many people saw his potential at Southampton but he made Pelle look a lot better than he was. He'd have been a superb signing.
It was during the Pedro saga, after Pedro went to Chelsea reports came out that he was Unites first choice.

prtk0811

And what makes you think that we dont have to build high tempo counter attacks in our team? We are much slower in the build up because we are lacking that kind on high energy creative player who could hold the ball up in tight areas and create and link up play, So the argument that he would not suit us but liverpool is absolutely ridiculous. He was the exact missing piece in our attack which would have enhanced our attacking play 10 times more potent and sharp. He faces tight defenses in liverpool too all the time in the same league but his movements and on the ball play is so good that he knows how to penetrate and create chances very well.

He is first to every duel , he has got great work rate and stamina and counter attacking abilities and he makes devastating attacking runs in space all the time which would suit jose's tactics and and bettered it. He was that missing link in the attack.

It was absolutely non nonsensical naivity by the united board not to consider buying him given lvg's input and only getting mkh hoping he could play on that same level on the wing.

prtk0811

Because of his nationality he's not seen as the sexiest name at Liverpool but I bet you their fans would keep him over Coutinho any day of the week.
And i feel our recruiting has tipped over in the direction of commercial side of the game, over footballing side and that is one of the reasons we did not go for Mane. Lvg highlighted this point in his recent interviews.

VancouverUtdFan

Supports
Canucks + NE Patriots
Once Coutinho hits form, their attack will be frightening. Can see Liverpool having a season like 13-14.
If that means choking and having one of the worst defenses amongst title contenders, I for one don't mind :p

Rojofiam

Remember when I signed him in FIFA and won the league with him being the top scorer. :D

vadimivich

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I watched him a couple of years ago in the Austrian Bundesliga. It was like seeing an alien. He was so much faster and quicker than everyone else on the pitch it was laughable.

TheReligion

Abusive
I watched him a couple of years ago in the Austrian Bundesliga. It was like seeing an alien. He was so much faster and quicker than everyone else on the pitch it was laughable.
I thought you meant due to his massive extra terrestrial forehead

TheReligion

Abusive
Who will it frighten? They were just beat 5-0 by City and drew in the CL at home to Sevilla..

You'd think they were Real Madrid reading the shite on here.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
It's not quite true though, is it? We signed Depay a year earlier.
It's not true. We were linked with him only after Pedro saga late in the window, Depay was signed before the season ended.