We Won a Goal Kick! Get In There!

Relevated

fixated with venom and phalluses
:lol:

As funny as it is, it's these kind of little wins that will transform us into having an elite mentality

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I LOVED this! Loving the positivity and support in the team now.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It was probably my favourite moment of the match.

That is something we've been dearly missing for a long time. Players actually taking pride in their defending.

In previous seasons our defenders just didn't care what happened. With the introduction of Varane/Martinez/Malacia they look so pumped up now.

spiriticon

I loved it too. Years of players moping around and sulking and now we're celebrating goal kicks :lol:

Hopefully we can celebrate bigger things than goal kicks in time to come

Chairman Steve

Brings back my forum lurking memories of 07/08 and that photo of a crazed Fabregas getting photoshopped like there’s no tomorrow :lol:

BerryBerryShrew

Reminded me of Bonnucci, Chiellini, and Buffon celebrating blocks and tackles together. Good to see.

Jev

Was a nice little moment. We need to start taking more pride in our defensive work and defending as a unit. Took it as a good sign in terms of both the team spirit in defence and Dalot's increasing confidence.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
I’m loving all the high fives these last 3 games.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Think Martinez has brought this culture in of celebrating every chance prevented the same as a goal. I have to say I fecking love it. That's the sort of mentality I want around the place, defending like their lives is on the line

arthurka

Martinez and Malacia are getting this bunch worked up. Even DDG is getting his blood pressure going.

RedDevilRoshi

Nothing wrong with that and good to see. Players taking pride in their defending. Particularly at that time of the game when we were under the cosh and the defence had to stand strong as they were getting no protection from the midfield.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Any signs of aggression and morale in our defence, I welcome.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The players have definitely been told to celebrate small victories throughout games. For too long we've had players ambling round with faces like smacked arses for 90+ minutes, so while it feels a bit cheap I'm glad we're trying to build some good vibes and togetherness.

Let's not forget Klopp insisted on that embarrassing can-can or whatever it was out on the pitch after a draw with West Brom, and where are they now? That's right, the undisputed greatest team in the fecking worldTM

Apokalips

That is something we've been dearly missing for a long time. Players actually taking pride in their defending.

In previous seasons our defenders just didn't care what happened. With the introduction of Varane/Martinez/Malacia they look so pumped up now.
Fully agreed. I remember when Andy Gray once described a defender saying how "defending means something to him" and that is something that has sorely been missed. Immediately the attitude of Martinez and Malacia has been such a breath of fresh air compared to Maguire and Shaw...the desire, intensity and pride in not letting people have an easy ride. Varane has also stepped up into a leadership and vocal role which is nice to see.

The attitude is infectious and hopefully our forwards will develop that.

youngrell

Think Martinez has brought this culture in of celebrating every chance prevented the same as a goal. I have to say I fecking love it. That's the sort of mentality I want around the place, defending like their lives is on the line
Yup. He even pounced on Varane at half time to celebrate a job well done. Stuff like this rubs off on team mates.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
It's happened a few times this season and I'm all for it.

eire-red

Martinez seems like a popular character already within the squad, and at times it feels like he's rallying the troops back there.

Varane has that aura and composure beside him, it looks like he's taken on a new level of responsibility in that back 4 as the most experienced member.

Really liking what I'm seeing from that unit, and I think they're giving us a great platform with composure on the ball out from the back too.

Irwin99

Honestly I love it. Have been super critical of Dalot in the past but he's starting to add a bit of fire and steel to his game at last. 3 good performances now, his personal best at United :D

Abraxas

As seemingly ridiculously as that little remonstration would be for the top sides, I think it actually showed something different in us. It showed a bit of pride to do the basics, defend, and realise that if you work your balls off it only takes one or two bits of quality. After years of lacking any nous I'll take it.

Dominos

It's very Italian like.

It shows a culture of genuine determination to keep a clean sheet that we've been sorely lacking.

And given the complete lack of team spirit over the last 12 months, it's nice to see players giving each other some encouragement rather than finger pointing and sulking.

abailey123

It was evident in the Southampton game also when Martinez nearly put De Gea through his net celebrating a save.
I love it, they’re creating a unit back there as Rio has just pointed out on BT. Dalot’s buying into the culture massively, Varane’s a rolls Royce and Martinez and Malacia are just like dynamite

Robertd0803

Its great to see stuff like this.

Also of all the players on the team Martinez is the one I would least like to get on the wrong side of.

Nights

We’ve become too used to the Shaw “jog and point” routine.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We’ve become too used to the Shaw “jog and point” routine.
I can't explain why but the whole lot of our old back 4 just showed no emotion.

They had no aggression to them, no fight. They didn't care if they stopped a goal or won a tackle, no wonder we conceded so many goals.

I know it's early days with this group but the desire and will to win is just a night and day difference.

Tyrion

I loved it too. Years of players moping around and sulking and now we're celebrating goal kicks :lol:

Hopefully we can celebrate bigger things than goal kicks in time to come
Exactly. I'm glad people aren't moaning about this. For years the players have looked miserable. Glad to see them motivated.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
:lol:

You know you've been on the Caf too long when this was one of the first things to come to mind after it happened