We Won a Goal Kick! Get In There!

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Let's not forget Klopp insisted on that embarrassing can-can or whatever it was out on the pitch after a draw with West Brom, and where are they now? That's right, the undisputed greatest team in the fecking worldTM
The greatest team when they don't lose because of time.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
Now imagine awb, maguire, lindelof and shaw in there place :nervous:

GreatDane

Love to see the defending unit playing with pride and fire, such an upgrade from last year when it looked as if the back four had a collective depression.

Don't know if it's Martinez alone who brought it, but all of Dalot, Varane, Martinez and Malacia are showing determination and grit.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Now imagine awb, maguire, lindelof and shaw in there place :nervous:
AWB chasing the attacker half arsedly and is behind which leads to Lindelof tackling but he missed the player so he tackled AWB instead who then reaches out for Maguire's pants and pulls it down as he falls. Maguire doesnt even know why or how is he there but makes sure his frustration is known by shouting at Shaw

Matt007a

Martinez just loves defending. The kind of guy who would rather keep a clean sheet then score a goal. Not since Vidic have we had a proper, old school defender like that. He’s also got the ball playing attributes of the modern CB. Very impressed with both him and Malacia so far. ETH has been getting some stick in the media for signing players he knows who are unproven at this level but he’s been on the money so far.

68cob

It was good. Certainly better than the way Dalot just turned away from goal and ran away unchallenged by team mates at the start of the Brighton game when they hit the side netting.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Love the passion. People weren't giving enough consideration to that when analysing our summer recruitment. It's all Xga and whatnot (which is valuable info) but very little around what they bring to the table in terms of personality.

I've had far more confidence in us seeing out a game the last few matches because these guys look like they'll put their bodies on the line to do so. Antony looks cut from a similar cloth

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
I can't explain why but the whole lot of our old back 4 just showed no emotion.

They had no aggression to them, no fight. They didn't care if they stopped a goal or won a tackle, no wonder we conceded so many goals.

I know it's early days with this group but the desire and will to win is just a night and day difference.
They looked like they hated playing football. Which is a terrible vibe to have within a team. Rashford’s looked the same for ages so it was good to see his massive smile after Sancho scored.

Chief123

From the outside it can look strange celebrating a tackle/goal kick.

But anyone who’s played football will know these high energy fist pump moments are what vitalise a team and increase focus and awareness. It keeps everyone pumped and shows team spirit. Long May it continue!

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
God that old Arsenal thread was brilliant. "Found a football" is my favourite.

Lecland07

We are slowly morphing into Liverpool. Next our fans will be clapping throw ins.

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
Keep on laughing you so and so you were laughing when Klopp and boys celebrated 2:2, and look what they are now!! Best of the best, eva!!!!

Jcrossley94

absolutely LOVED this. have seen it in the other games too. would love to know if this is something the back 4 have introduced, or EtH.

Either way, i think this is great. we've been demanding passion and heart, and this back 4 has it in bucket loads at the minute.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
Think Martinez has brought this culture in of celebrating every chance prevented the same as a goal. I have to say I fecking love it. That's the sort of mentality I want around the place, defending like their lives is on the line
Exactly this.

A lot of the Ajax posters here said before he even kicked a ball that he has such a winning mentality, and he is showing that. He did it last game too when de Gea made a save and almost shoved him back into the net of the goal! I fecking love it too; taking pride in your role at the club.

Longlivekeano

ETH had cancelled the whole back 4 just 2 games into season

AwB- can’t cross
Harry Maguire-can’t run
Lindelof - can’t jump
Shaw- can’t keep fit

Toblerone92

Not sure why anyone has an issue with this, possibly the same posters who demanded more signs of passion and commitment from the team in recent years?

OneUnited24

Love the passion. Such a change from our last back four that would look puzzlingly at one another in every situation

Real Name

Against Southampton Lisandro was all over DDG, celebrating his save. :D

Our mad Argie. :drool:

Pogba's Barber

Supports
Droylsden FC
Love it.

Also great for the fans in the stadium to get involved in celebrating more than just goals. I think it will create a better atmosphere at OT when our fans go crazy with Martinez in celebrating a great tackle which completely wipes out the opposition player. Feels like the team has been flaccid for so long and now suddenly has mojo

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Dalot who’s now had 3 very good games in a row?

Ten Hag clearly thinks there’s something there as we hardly pushed for a starting right back.
It was tongue in cheek but I don't think Dalot has had 3 good games, he's a very limited fullback. I believe there were other areas of concern before this position but I'd expect an upgrade in January or more likely next summer. No issues with Dalot himself who tries hard, he's just mediocre, and has no real competition, which is why he's starting.

I have no issues with that specific celebration though, it's a bit absurd when isolated but within the game it made sense and it's great to see our defenders pumped up.

studs

Pumped up teamship harmony building, I like.

RVN1991

It was evident in the Southampton game also when Martinez nearly put De Gea through his net celebrating a save.
I love it, they’re creating a unit back there as Rio has just pointed out on BT. Dalot’s buying into the culture massively, Varane’s a rolls Royce and Martinez and Malacia are just like dynamite
So refreshing after having to watch Shaw's fat arse and the fridge week in week out lumber around the pitch for years. I was very skeptical of Martinez but he seems to be a fantastic signing after his performance vs Brentford.

royalewithcheese2006

Supports
A Director of Football
I chuckled a bit when Dalot, Lisandro and Varane got all fired up last night. However, I'd definitely take this over half-hearted performances followed by carefully phrased Instagram/twitter apologies that we've seen over the last few seasons.

U.N.C.L.E

The REAL difference is this!

Twelve months ago the only “celebrating” some of our previous players were doing was on Instagram of their new hairstyles.

Thank feck they’re gone.

dave2528

Martinez just shows up and is already 100 times more of a leader and warrior than Maguire has ever been.

Quickly becoming one of my favorite footballers.

el3mel

That was a good moment, actually. Shows great spirit from the team.