We Won a Goal Kick! Get In There!

USREDEVIL

I liked it. He stopped the run into goal and got a goal kick with a little luck. If i recall they were coming on a bit and we needed a break. It's the little things yaknow...?

Godfather

Absolutely love it. Dalot is a proper nutcase as is Martinez and I adore them for it. Finally some passion back

Stig

It was probably my favourite moment of the match.

That is something we've been dearly missing for a long time. Players actually taking pride in their defending.

In previous seasons our defenders just didn't care what happened. With the introduction of Varane/Martinez/Malacia they look so pumped up now.
Exactly. They care. It was very Gary Neville. Apparently one year when the title was already in the bag, he spent the last 15 minutes of the game yelling " clean sheet, clean sheet" at his fellow defenders. Pride and determination is what we have been missing for a long time. It shows everyone else the standard needed.

Stig

Interesting that it was Dalot who stopped the cross and won the goal kick. He seems to play was 3 times the energy and heart that he did before. His ball skills have improved a bit and he seems to be really up for it now.

Skills

Snitch
It was probably my favourite moment of the match.

That is something we've been dearly missing for a long time. Players actually taking pride in their defending.

In previous seasons our defenders just didn't care what happened. With the introduction of Varane/Martinez/Malacia they look so pumped up now.
Meh, people were talking the same way about a different set of players when they believed Ole's cultural reset was going well. It was all about how he'd changed everyone's attitudes and especially the attitude of his new signings.

Football fans are the biggest group of simpletons in society. They don't have the intellect to think beyond every narrative that is fed to them. This is the one you're being fed now.

Last edited:

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
I'd forgotten how enjoyable decent defending could be. It's been so long since we could dig in and hold a team off. Them enjoying it makes it even better.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Meh, people were talking the same way about a different set of players when they believed Ole's cultural reset was going well. It was all about how he'd changed everyone's attitudes and especially the attitude of his new signings.

Football fans are the biggest group of simpletons in society. They don't have the intellectual to think beyond every narrative that is fed to them. This is the one you're being fed now.
Still a miserable cnut then?

Revaulx

Honestly I love it. Have been super critical of Dalot in the past but he's starting to add a bit of fire and steel to his game at last. 3 good performances now, his personal best at United :D
I think Dalot has been showing a fair amount of fire and steel ever since Ralf made him a regular starter. It’s only now that he’s got colleagues who don’t think he’s a tw@t for being demonstrative with it.

meamth

"Go get em' tiger" mentality will make us super competitive.

I've seen this with the Liverpool team with Henderson shouting at Robertson to take care of 1 v 1 defending situation.

We're doing this as well, it's a good sign things are changing competitively among the players.

JanK

Supports
Napoli
I can't explain why but the whole lot of our old back 4 just showed no emotion.

They had no aggression to them, no fight. They didn't care if they stopped a goal or won a tackle, no wonder we conceded so many goals.

I know it's early days with this group but the desire and will to win is just a night and day difference.
They seemed to have an elite **** mentality - not being bothered to see their missus having a shag with the boys from the pub. And that is very, very dangerous mindset in a competitive environment. It just destroys everything if not pointed out and dealt with. Which Ole did not.

All this small celebrations are extremely vital for a team who has been in a black hole for a long time, because it builds up momentum, it is infecting as other teammates feel joy for the small wins, and gets the confidence up and running.

Conor McGregor, whose attitude is sort of not my favourite (too much showboating), but he has this amazing quote - "We are not here to take part, we are here to take over". The same should be always with United - yes, our team is not ready to win titles (yet), but we need to show everyone that we are not ***** and it is very dangerous to feck with us. Because if someone talks about "United way", they mostly focus on Fergie time winners (which is a mentality thing actually), attacking 4-4-2 football and making Old Trafford a fortress (a mentality thing too), but not enough on this "feck everyone, I want to win no matter what" mentality. The Roy Keanes, Jaap Stams, Nemanja Vidics and Wayne Rooneys defined the club. And I am certain SAF was actually the same, so this is the United way.

Not talking about being an idiot on the pitch as Pepe, Felipe Melo, Gravesen and other bulldozers, but more of Gattusos, Ramos's, Chiellinis, Bonuccis - being aggressive, fearless and just dying to win. And prepared to go the extra mile.

Now we have this core of players and adding Casemiro and Antony to it are very wise transfers. I doubt De Jong is a bad boy, but these two Brazilians are. So actually happy to have Casemiro now and De Jong maybe in winter-summer 2023. We are having a mentality shift and it is the best thing to see, because it has the most influence on our games, the team, the fans, the opponents.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I thought it was over the top, but since it shows some fire and passion, I am not complaining either

JeffFromHK

I can't explain why but the whole lot of our old back 4 just showed no emotion.

They had no aggression to them, no fight. They didn't care if they stopped a goal or won a tackle, no wonder we conceded so many goals.

I know it's early days with this group but the desire and will to win is just a night and day difference.
Shaw - Maguire - Lindelof - awb
DDG

all of these 5 guys are some sort introvert/non-outspoken kind of people. Ole's personnel/HR judgment is very problematic relying such an introvert back 5. no wonder we coneded 1.4+ goals per game with them

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

Football fans are the biggest group of simpletons in society. They don't have the intellect to think beyond every narrative that is fed to them. This is the one you're being fed now.
It's a shame you can't see the difference, it's really quite obvious to those simpletons with a slither of Intellect. Oh well.
DDG

all of these 5 guys are some sort introvert/non-outspoken kind of people. Ole's personnel/HR judgment is very problematic relying such an introvert back 5. no wonder we coneded 1.4+ goals per game with them
Agreed. Character is just as important as natural talent.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
From the outside it can look strange celebrating a tackle/goal kick.

But anyone who’s played football will know these high energy fist pump moments are what vitalise a team and increase focus and awareness. It keeps everyone pumped and shows team spirit. Long May it continue!
Joe Schmidt brought it into Irish rugby. Seemed to work. It’s the small stuff. Play like fans, is another line from somewhere, tapping into the energy of supporters. Like plugging the team into the love and positivity of the Caf. Oh, wait…

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
DDG

You are a really good amateur psychologist. Stat included makes you sound knowledgeable. Super. Also, you are pouring piss on exactly the right scapegoats. I’ll just quality-check your moaning for you. Ole. Check. Maguire. Check. . Shaw. Check. . Lindelof. Check. AWB. Yes, him too. Dave. Hmm… Good save the other night.

JeffFromHK

You are a really good amateur psychologist. Stat included makes you sound knowledgeable. Super. Also, you are pouring piss on exactly the right scapegoats. I’ll just quality-check your moaning for you. Ole. Check. Maguire. Check. . Shaw. Check. . Lindelof. Check. AWB. Yes, him too. Dave. Hmm… Good save the other night.
cheap childish sarcasm is your last resort when you can't offer anything to refute me calling a spade a spade

I was just pointing out something very obvious. All the 5 players I named are obviously introverts/passive kind of players and it never works well with 5 introverts in your back 5. it can work well if you have 1, 2 or 3 introverts but not 5. the "best" season they had was conceding 36 goals in 38 games which is not impressive and last season we really conceded more than 1.4 goals per game in games with those back 5

lonelyred

It was evident in the Southampton game also when Martinez nearly put De Gea through his net celebrating a save.
I love it, they’re creating a unit back there as Rio has just pointed out on BT. Dalot’s buying into the culture massively, Varane’s a rolls Royce and Martinez and Malacia are just like dynamite
Noticed that (against Southampton), and had the same thought about a unit feeling being developed.

Dominos

We literally celebrated winning a throw-in in the first half today :lol: Think it was when Anthony tracked back, Dalot was excitable