Weird feelings of football

Flanders Devil

Every time a rare or unusual incident happens in a football match (either on the pitch, or off)... an eerily similar incident will either have occurred at another match being played at the same time, or occur in the match played straight afterwards, or occur in the match played the very next day! And then those types of incidents will not occur again for a very, very long time! Plenty I can remember...

The penalty red card decisions involving both Luiz (Wolves vs Arsenal) and Bednarek (United vs Southampton) in more recent times.

The day the Birmingham "fan" attacked Grealish... there were two other less severe incidents in other games, an Arsenal fan putting his hand on Smalling as he run past him to celebrate a goal, and a similar incident in a Scottish league match too! All either on the same day/same weekend!

Crowd trouble in the stands with police in the Roma/Man Utd first leg back in 2007... anyone remember that? Before Roma got spanked 7-1 in the second leg... anyway the very next day there were very similar scenes in Tottenham's away UEFA Cup tie in Seville (I remember them showing it live during the game!) Of course the Roma-Man Utd stuff could have been on the Sevilla/Spurs fans' mind and kinda encouraged it in a way...

However I think one of the strangest I remember, was one day in the Premier League where there were three separate incidents (from three different games) involving teammates squaring up to each other... very peculiar... rare to get that at any time (on the pitch) but three on the same day was super weird!

I'm sure those on the Caf have many more of these types of things!
nice shout. I wonder if this is to do with copy cat theory. Given pro football and the incidents you mentioned all would’ve grabbed the attention of the footballing players / footballing world.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Every Everton manager is doing a "fantistic" job despite Everton being placed like they do every year.

P0GBA

When a player has a son who plays in the same position as them e, g Andy Cole, George Weah, etc the son will not be as good a player as his father was. The only way the son will be a better player than his father is if they play in a totally different position to him.

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Anyone who uses the phrase "low block" is (a) a gowl (b) thinks they know more about football than they actually do and (c) started watching football in the 20's.

P0GBA

When a player claps a cross or pass that he is unable to get to, he is sarcasticly saying to his team mate "how was I supposed to get to that?"

jem

There has been a recent proliferation of Spanish players called Llorente, none of whom seem that good.

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
If a player is featured in an interview or some sort of segment before a game (usually like an FA Cup tie) then they’re guaranteed to have a shite game

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The kicking the ball away/time wasting offence.

It must be the only offence in football that is judged against what the current scoreline is, and how late in the game it is.

Take today. Maupay boots the ball into the crowd a good 5 seconds after a free kick awarded, at 1-0 up, but first half. Similar with one of their skinny players. Nothing given.

Greenwood a little side foot away post 90mins and it's an instant yellow.

Similar with keepers.
A keeper can take a minute per kick early on, irrespective of leading. Yet when it's 80+, if they take 30secs the ref starts getting lippy.

SuperiorXI

It must be the only offence in football that is judged against what the current scoreline is, and how late in the game it is.

Take today. Maupay boots the ball into the crowd a good 5 seconds after a free kick awarded, at 1-0 up, but first half. Similar with one of their skinny players. Nothing given.

Similar with keepers.
A keeper can take a minute per kick early on, irrespective of leading. Yet when it's 80+, if they take 30secs the ref starts getting lippy.
One of the most obvious examples of inconsistencies in football. They have been there for a long time and I guess we just have to accept it?

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Every team plays low block and it fecking sucks.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Every team plays low block and it fecking sucks.
I suppose it was the most obvious way football had to evolve from those wild days of the early 90s where every team played 4-4-2 with one tubby passer, and one tackler, and the gaps were huge.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line

Similar with keepers.
Spot on.

WakeAndBeek

Norwich have either been promoted from the championship or relegated from the premier league every season since 2011

Robertd0803

The Stadio Olmypico has the narrowest pitch in football history. The corner flags and touchline are literally one yard from the edge of the keepers box.

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
West Ham and Everton play each other on Sunday every week, even if they have a different fixture on Saturday.

Cavani has already scored 30 plus goals this season.

Alive and Kicking

Liverpool never actually lost 6 in a row at Anfield.

We all willed them to lose there after that never-ending unbroken run and collectively we hallucinated it.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
ANy team that has Messi or Ronaldo would win the League or CL every season.

jem

I was going to post something similar. They either have lost every game or drawn every game this season.
And yet I have zero confidence in our getting a result against them this weekend!

stu_1992

If a Keeper gets a yellow for time wasting, his eventual kick will always go straight to the opposition and their own team in under pressure again.