Weird feelings of football

Sara125

Everton, West Brom, West Ham, Watford, Swansea, Newcastle, Burnley and stoke don’t have away kits

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
There is a voodoo doll against us out there somewhere. Literally everything we do never seems to work out since SAF left.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
There is a voodoo doll against us out there somewhere. Literally everything we do never seems to work out since SAF left.
The only constant since SAF left has been defensive managers. Maybe that’s why we constantly have underperforming attacking players.

Sara125

Oh yh another one, whenever a championship or league one team play a mid table or bottom half pl team in the fa or league cup the pl team always loses

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The only constant since SAF left has been defensive managers. Maybe that’s why we constantly have underperforming attacking players.
Can’t wait until we have a manager that wants to see goals.

spiriticon

I don't know if this is the right thread but David Moyes has played the best attacking football of our last 3 managers.

I'm now officially sick.

slored1

Dele Alli and Chris Smalling never play in short sleeves.
John Stones hasn't actually played any game for City this season.
Lukaku and Kane have been 23 years old for about 4 seasons now.
Willian and Aguero scored in every game they played this season.

jem

Fernando Muslera remains cryogenically frozen for 4 years (registered under some Turkish club/shell company,) only to be activated for the World Cup. He then does just enough to help Uruaguay reach the quarters without ever really impressing, and then is put back into to deep freeze, never to be heard of/thought about again until the next World Cup.

jem

The older Pogba gets, the wider the potential/actual output disparity grows.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Fernando Muslera remains cryogenically frozen for 4 years (registered under some Turkish club/shell company,) only to be activated for the World Cup. He then does just enough to help Uruaguay reach the quarters without ever really impressing, and then is put back into to deep freeze, never to be heard of/thought about again until the next World Cup.
:lol:

Cloud7

Rafa Marquez feels like another one that they keep on ice for world cups. Was genuinely shocked to see him still in the Mexico squad.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Random World Cup games between teams like South Korea and Mexico become so much more interesting by virtue of the fact they're taking place during the World Cup.

If the group stages are high scoring, generally speaking, the knockouts will contain a lot more tight, low-scoring games. Vice versa is also true.

Every tournament will have a formerly very good striker who plays incredibly poorly for a big nation but still manages to bag about four goals.

The best pundit is never a regular BBC/ITV regular but instead someone who's been drafted in solely for the World Cup. Generally a big-name player.

Sky Sports pundits cease to exist during the World Cup.

jem

Rafa Marquez feels like another one that they keep on ice for world cups. Was genuinely shocked to see him still in the Mexico squad.
Portugal have their share as well: Patricio, Quaresma...you wouldn’t be surprised to see Nuno Gomes warming up on the touch line.

Ochoa from Mexico is another one. He’ll have a blinder, get signed by a French team managed by Bielsa, get sidelined by the crazy Argentine, and then return to Mexico shortly before Bielsa is fired (all of the above happens in August.)

ReddyMcRedface

Liverpool have a 100% win record (excluding games against United) whenever I actually take the time to watch them.

United's performances are completely dependent on my mood before a game, confidence leads to a terrible performance, general apathy always leads to a good game.

The mate I take to Old Trafford whenever my dad can't make it is the luckiest of lucky charms. Shame he can't afford a season ticket.

Messi/Ronaldo will always score within 5 minutes of me flicking to a Barca/Madrid game to check the score.

If I can't remember who won the FA Cup in any particular year, then it was Chelsea who won it. The same applies to Germany and World Cups.

Arsenal being relevant feels like it was about 25 years ago despite me only being 27.

United have never lost when it's raining.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Liverpool have a 100% win record (excluding games against United) whenever I actually take the time to watch them.

United's performances are completely dependent on my mood before a game, confidence leads to a terrible performance, general apathy always leads to a good game.

The mate I take to Old Trafford whenever my dad can't make it is the luckiest of lucky charms. Shame he can't afford a season ticket.

Messi/Ronaldo will always score within 5 minutes of me flicking to a Barca/Madrid game to check the score.

If I can't remember who won the FA Cup in any particular year, then it was Chelsea who won it. The same applies to Germany and World Cups.

Arsenal being relevant feels like it was about 25 years ago despite me only being 27.

United have never lost when it's raining.
Lots of these are great. Particularly the united performances depending on mood and Ronaldo and Messi scoring whenever you flick over.

Handré1990

I watched a lot of Chelsea games this past season:D So I privately take some of the credit! (They’ve mostly looked awful whenever I’ve watched them over the last 4-ish years, except, of course, vs us)