Weird things about football that are true but don't sound it

horsechoker

Sailor vee, this is a right off.
Juventus have played in 8 european cup/champions league finals, tied for 4th highest, and won only 2 of them

In the 62 years of the EC/CL existence, only 15 finals out of 61 did not involve one of real madrid, milan, bayern munich, barcelona and juventus
Also their first European Cup win was when the Heysel stadium disaster happened. They're probably the most cursed team in the Champions League.

2 man midfield

Incestuous Modern Woman (Dumper!)
Is that Santa Cruz before changing his name?

Just googling it, I found the story of FC Santa Claus
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FC_Santa_Claus
How have I never heard of them until just now??
Hierro was a great free kick taker, much better than David Luiz. He also played as DM in his earlier career, just like to shoot from long distance to score.
Did he play DM exclusively? When did he move to centre back?

Number32

How have I never heard of them until just now??

I've never seen played in midfield tough, but the wikipedia registered him as Midfielder in 1991/1992. He might be move to center back because of injuries issues or something like we did with Daley Blind.

Mettaur

Supports
Liverpool
Kingsley Coman wins the domestic league every season since he started his senior career.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
He has also played as a box-to-box midfielder with a lot of licence to go forward, although he was never purely an attacking player.

harms

Staff
Fernando Hierro once scored 26 goals in a season from centre back.
As for this — this is not true.

Team of the week from 91/92 after he scored a goal against Barca. Notice "centrocampista" and his place in the XI of the week.

harms

Staff
If you want to look at a truly impressive goalscoring records from center back, take a look at Ronald Koeman.

And he really was a center back all of that time (well, at least predominantly) — winning 7 league titles, 2 European Cups and a UEFA Euros to boot. He did score a lot of penalties and free kicks though.

Denis' cuff

Hm. I can't remember where I saw it but someone made a show of themselves in another topic saying that, so I put it in here. I can't find the original topic and probably should have linked to it in my original post. But yeah not my opinions, was just taking the piss out of someone else. So kindly rescind your comment.
gladly rescinded mate ;)