Welbeck reinforces Reserves

jb8521

To be honest Possebon doesnt really seem like he will fit in with the premiership style of play. In my opinion he should be controlling these games but he just wants to hang around in the centre circle with all the play running through him (like Pirlo) but doesnt seem like he wants to take control or get involved when the other team has the ball. Basically he doesnt impose himself enough for my liking.

Ballache

Supports
Martial
To be honest Possebon doesnt really seem like he will fit in with the premiership style of play. In my opinion he should be controlling these games but he just wants to hang around in the centre circle with all the play running through him (like Pirlo) but doesnt seem like he wants to take control or get involved when the other team has the ball. Basically he doesnt impose himself enough for my liking.
agreed, he's more suited for the Italian league IMO. but you never know..

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
You can't really control the game if it's not going through you

The game prior he was fine and last game (didn't see all match) he was below par. When your a kid this can happen.

kids can be inconsistant but also kids are quite capable of stepping it up and doing a job in the first team when the chance comes

When fabio was with the brazil youth teams, the play went through him. Does it now? No it don't

It takes time for players to get used to someones style and also it takes time for some players to think 'team' rather then trying selfishly to impress

It is easy to be critical when someones off form...but 6 months down the line I guess it don't matter if people whistle a different tune

I think James, Possebon, Cleverly, Drinkwater all have a chance BUT let's not forget something here

This is a different team to the one that started the reserves. Even rafael and fabio aren't featuring and it's just not easy as people imagine it to be adapting to new players and a group who are used to each other and not someone like rodrigo

Paitence ;)

Name Changed

weso26
Welbeck, Macheda and Petrucci seem to be serious prospects. I expect Welbeck to feature more next season and Macheda and Petrucci should definitely be pushing for cup places. If we win the league at a canter this year which is a big possibility there is a chance that Macheda will get a run. He has been in the match day squads on several occasions already.

jb8521

You can't really control the game if it's not going through you

The game prior he was fine and last game (didn't see all match) he was below par. When your a kid this can happen.

kids can be inconsistant but also kids are quite capable of stepping it up and doing a job in the first team when the chance comes

When fabio was with the brazil youth teams, the play went through him. Does it now? No it don't
It takes time for players to get used to someones style and also it takes time for some players to think 'team' rather then trying selfishly to impress

It is easy to be critical when someones off form...but 6 months down the line I guess it don't matter if people whistle a different tune

I think James, Possebon, Cleverly, Drinkwater all have a chance BUT let's not forget something here

This is a different team to the one that started the reserves. Even rafael and fabio aren't featuring and it's just not easy as people imagine it to be adapting to new players and a group who are used to each other and not someone like rodrigo

Paitence ;)
Their play went through him, Bernardo, Lulinha and Alex Teixeira as usually happens in youth football with the teams best players. A united reserve team isnt going to have their play going through a left back whos not even match fit yet. I have seen pretty much every game possebon has played for united and he just seems to be lacking the desire to take the game which he actually displayed when he first arrived and was trying to impress. When the team was down the other night he was nowhere to be seen it was Martin, Welbeck and Macheda who dragged us back into it. I am not saying Possebon wont make it but at the moment he is not even upto his standards of last season and he seems quite content to just stroll around instead of trying to impose himself.

PS18

He was starting to take games by the scruff of the neck throughout pre-season and into the early games of the reserve league season (and in his early first-team appearances), the injury set him back massively. Last couple of games (not including the Wigan one because I've not seen it in full) have been encouraging.

PS18

Welbeck, Macheda and Petrucci seem to be serious prospects. I expect Welbeck to feature more next season and Macheda and Petrucci should definitely be pushing for cup places. If we win the league at a canter this year which is a big possibility there is a chance that Macheda will get a run. He has been in the match day squads on several occasions already.
Not sure Macheda has really been in matchday squads yet. The BBC might have listed his name in the squad in their previews but those squads are never accurate and seem to be conjured out of thin air rather than taken from the club.

I think it's more likely we'd see a fair bit more of Welbeck, while hopefully giving the big three strikers enough games to keep them in the groove for potential CL/FA Cup semis and finals.

Anduin

Cards on the table time. I don't think Possebon will make it (here). He takes too long on the ball and doesn't really seem to be working on that side of his game.
He definitely slipped behind Gibson in the pecking order since his injury. Nevertheless he has managed seven first team appearances so far with the Carling Cup final still coming up - I feel he just hasn't improved as much as we all were hoping at the beginning of the season.

Decotron

He definitely slipped behind Gibson in the pecking order since his injury. Nevertheless he has managed seven first team appearances so far with the Carling Cup final still coming up - I feel he just hasn't improved as much as we all were hoping at the beginning of the season.

Gibson did the exact same thing last year, just didnt kick on as much as i expected him to. I wont be passing any judgement on possebon until the end of next season

RedPhil1957

Gibson did the exact same thing last year, just didnt kick on as much as i expected him to. I wont be passing any judgement on possebon until the end of next season

he is also about 18 months younger than Gibson, but many on here just love to right off the young players.
I don't think there are any better clubs than United at not only giving players time to mature with us but also helping them get with another club when the time is right.

Elliott

Likes Loan Stickies
No. And when it comes to Danny's knees no news is usually bad news. Wouldn't be surprised if he's struggling with tendinitis for a third time.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Id be absolutely gutted if he ends up having problem like Hargreaves.

Fingers crossed for him.
Let's not get to pessimistic here. SAF is well known for protecting young players.I believe he doesn't want it to get any worse so he's taking no chances given how highly he thinks of Danny