We're actually quite good

Flexdegea

We’re not doing too badly considering our manager is a shithouse janitor from the arse end of Europe (with a shit CV), are we?

It's a miracle how he has done it.

Still lot of people cant give him credit,

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
We definitely have a team! We have some fecking great shit in our locker and it will only get better as this group play together more.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Can't get my head around this. Surely this current massive resurgent is NOT just because of Bruno, is it? We know he's good, but is he THAT good?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
This is all we wanted at the start of the season. A team to get behind. Young players who care about the badge, expensive signings who add quality not toxicity.

It doesn’t matter where we are in the league. What matters is not having to come on here after every match and demand the manager and players are kicked out for being a disgrace.

It’s like rain on your wedding day that we finally have that and now can’t actually be there to get behind them.

Gasolin

Can't get my head around this. Surely this current massive resurgent is NOT just because of Bruno, is it? We know he's good, but is he THAT good?
Hahaha surely... a team doesn’t change overnight when they show so much ideas.

DoomSlayer

He most definitely is and it is exactly what our team lacked to go onto the next level. The consistency is key in building confidence and self-belief.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Hahaha surely... a team doesn’t change overnight when they show so much ideas.
Agreed. But what's the other reason? It does coincide with Bruno's arrival.

He most definitely is and it is exactly what our team lacked to go onto the next level. The consistency is key in building confidence and self-belief.
It just seems absurd that one player could elevate a team to entirely different level. I mean, he's not Maradona or Messi.

Fracture90

I think we're reminiscent of Liverpool before signing VVD. Scoring goals for fun but also leaking goals as well.

Acquire Me

Bruno was the catalyst we needed. The signs of improvement was there before him though. We have young players developing every day and they played even after bad results. It’s a process and we will be stronger and stronger.

I think we have the most exciting team in England. We are younger and will only be better. Liverpool and City will see decline sooner rather than later imo and will need to rebuild.

shahzy

This is the first time genuinely in the last 8 years I have felt that we actually are a real team again. Even when we had Zlatan, Pogba, Lukaku I didn't feel like the team was actually that good.

Now I feel we actually have 5-6 players that can score and win a game for us but ALSO play together and make it more than the sum of its parts

Gasolin

It just seems absurd that one player could elevate a team to entirely different level. I mean, he's not Maradona or Messi.
No indeed but he might be a Cantona level leader. In this case everyone would feel obliged to perform and would love the idea of achieving something.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
I think we're reminiscent of Liverpool before signing VVD. Scoring goals for fun but also leaking goals as well.
But we don't leak goals. We usually let some defensive brainfart moments, individual errors from time to time cost us goals but in general we're solid defensively. Our defensive shape is fine and we don't concede to many chances. We still have one of the best defensive record in the league this season just behind Liverpool.

Even great teams with good defensive record can have brainfarts like Liverpool against City conceding 4 or against Watford conceding 3.

Alemar

no, it’s because 1) OGS understood how we need to play to score goals and 2) he stopped (seriously decreased) playing shit players 3) Bruno 4) Pogba

Gasolin

no, it’s because 1) OGS understood how we need to play to score goals and 2) he stopped (seriously decreased) playing shit players 3) Bruno 4) Pogba
He stopped or he could finally count on injured players back?

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
No its not just because of Bruno

ReddBalls

The transformation is just too sudden, imho.
It's a combination. The team was already set up to play with a creative 10.There were already elements of the game working, but the team was seriously hampered by having Pereira or Mata in that position.Also, the injuries of Pogba and Martial, and later Rashford was a major blow.

Saying that, his impact is bigger than i dared to hope for.

El Zoido

Indeed, or maybe someone like Van Gaal.
Remember good old days under Van Gaal when we had 700 sideways and backwards passes, 85% possession, and no shots on target, then would lose 1 nil. Yeah... good times...

Santoryo

ripping the reward
The transformation is just too sudden, imho.
Bruno came at the right time when things started falling in place and his abilities were some of the most integral pieces needed for us to go to that next level.

Pre lock-down we could already see the team shaping up nicely when Bruno arrived. One of the biggest hole in our team was a proper number 10 which we finally got with Bruno's arrival. it made us good but not quite next level. We went on an unbeaten run but we still had games like the Everton or Wolves ones where we still didn't have enough creativity even with Bruno on the side. we simply needed more.

Post lock-down injured integral players came back especially Pogba whose presence has helped Bruno. Then you have Greenwood coming back from the break on another level and things just clicked. Put all of those together and we became a completely different animal.

Flexdegea

The new agenda is "it's Bruno, not him."

Just admit it you miserable cnuts.

Exactly.

Its pathetic. Bare bones at key times this season he was under massive pressure we got big wins against city and spurs, and clawed our way back in to 5th, no achievement but the team fighting hard for the manager, and now its brushed off as bruno.

Normally a manager gets credit for making signing, not so much ole. Either way we are motoring at the moment, so Ole at the wheel spinning em

meamth

Exactly.

Its pathetic. Bare bones at key times this season he was under massive pressure we got big wins against city and spurs, and clawed our way back in to 5th, no achievement but the team fighting hard for the manager, and now its brushed off as bruno.

Normally a manager gets credit for making signing, not so much ole. Either way we are motoring at the moment, so Ole at the wheel spinning em
What hurts more is the pundits are also playing the Bruno card towards Ole. Further implying this agenda that Ole is a lucky man.

I truly believe that Ole is the man responsible for all of this positivity, Bruno is just the catalyst.

POF

It's remeniscent of Cantona. He's the quality player and leader that has brought it all together. The team being set up all season for him to slot into made the transition so much smoother.

The signs of improvement have been there all season. There has been a changeover in the leadership within the squad designed to improve the culture. Valencia, Young, Smalling, Sanchez and Lukaku are senior players who have been moved on. Maguire and Bruno have come in and the academy players (Rashford, McTominay, Williams) have added a harder nosed mentality to the squad. Others like Matic and Pogba have really bought into the culture change too.

After the Everton loss last season, Ole vowed to change the culture of the squad and told everyone that a rebuild would take time. He got better characters in but the quality of the squad to start this season was worse than last season.

He stripped the quality back to get the right culture and then looked to add to that with quality and the right characters. He's done an amazing job.

Adding Bruno and Igalho, followed by getting all 3 of Martial, Rashford and Pogba fit has been crucial too. Then there's Greenwood's development into a genuine first team player and the quality in the squad looks a whole lot different.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
It's remeniscent of Cantona. He's the quality player and leader that has brought it all together. The team being set up all season for him to slot into made the transition so much smoother.

The signs of improvement have been there all season. There has been a changeover in the leadership within the squad designed to improve the culture. Valencia, Young, Smalling, Sanchez and Lukaku are senior players who have been moved on. Maguire and Bruno have come in and the academy players (Rashford, McTominay, Williams) have added a harder nosed mentality to the squad. Others like Matic and Pogba have really bought into the culture change too.

After the Everton loss last season, Ole vowed to change the culture of the squad and told everyone that a rebuild would take time. He got better characters in but the quality of the squad to start this season was worse than last season.

He stripped the quality back to get the right culture and then looked to add to that with quality and the right characters. He's done an amazing job.

Adding Bruno and Igalho, followed by getting all 3 of Martial, Rashford and Pogba fit has been crucial too. Then there's Greenwood's development into a genuine first team player and the quality in the squad looks a whole lot different.
Thanks. I've never been so optimistic about next season, after SAF retired. Well, maybe when we got ADM and Falcao, it was exciting time also.

I just think if we figure out what make us look so good, it means we know how to improve it. But if it's all "magically fall into places", it means this resurgent is mostly based on luck, thus not sustainable.

emdee

Because one player isn't solely responsible for this level of play. The team prior to Bruno - and with Rashford healthy - was growing and winning some marquee games, the consistency just wasn't there because of the injuries and lack of depth.

Gordon S

Our coaching staff is still rather young and inexperienced at this level and are probably also improving along the way, like a lot of our players. Ole said he has let Mckenna and Carrick take more responsibility in training sessions this season and it might be part of the positive change as well.