we're gonna win the league!

EricVanCoppell

If Chelsea lose their next 2 games then it's a possibility

Having said that I doubt they will - but next season is already looking like ours for the taking

Red17

EricVanCoppell said:
Having said that I doubt they will - but next season is already looking like ours for the taking
I would not go so far or be so bold. The only certainty is next season will be a lot more competitive - smaller point gaps between the top 4, title won't look decided until late in the season, etc.

United will be looking to fix the CM dept this summer and we will improve in this area.

But let's not ignore that Pool will probably be looking to throw some cash around for a RW and one or 2 strikers. Arsenal's young team will be more settled and gather some consistency about their season but I think they are still another 2 seasons away (ie 07/08) from being title challengers again.

EricVanCoppell

Red17 said:
I would not go so far or be so bold. The only certainty is next season will be a lot more competitive - smaller point gaps between the top 4, title won't look decided until late in the season, etc.

United will be looking to fix the CM dept this summer and we will improve in this area.

But let's not ignore that Pool will probably be looking to throw some cash around for a RW and one or 2 strikers. Arsenal's young team will be more settled and gather some consistency about their season but I think they are still another 2 seasons away (ie 07/08) from being title challengers again.
I'm actually really looking forward to a scenario next season which doesn't involve us being behind the 8 ball after the first third of the season!

We are close to having a squad to really challenge again - let's not forget also that in the last 2 years , brilliant as Chelsea have been , they have never really had to worry about a rival snapping at their heals.

The lead built up by the Renties has effectively been enough to allow them to chill out and enjoy the title procession. It might be another story if they have 1 or 2 other teams making them feel nervy. Or even better let's dream about United taking charge right from the start of the season and making Chelsea do the chasing.

Bearded but no genius

Red17 said:

Agreed, although I fear Arsenal's kids are better than we think. It all depends on Henry as to whether they will challenge next year.

I don't see Chelsea holding on another year.

Too many people are starting to see flaws in Mourinho's system, and that he is woeful making on-the-fly tactical changes. They won't run away with it, and I honestly don't feel they will win it.

However, there will be stronger competition from Liverpool, Arsenal, and even Tottenham.

But we will finally solve the midfield issue this summer, and we are finally finding a form and formation that suit us well. We're in as good a position next year as we've been in since we last won it.