Wesley Fofana

Status
Not open for further replies.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I see him going to PSG or one of the Spanish giants once they sort their shit out, I don't think any team here that could afford him would go for him due to the price we would be looking for
If a PL can't afford him, I struggle to think how a Spanish club will.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
If a PL can't afford him, I struggle to think how a Spanish club will.
there is a PL tax, we all know this, if a PL want DDG you'd demand a higher price than if he was going abroad as you are selling to a direct rival

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
there is a PL tax, we all know this, if a PL want DDG you'd demand a higher price than if he was going abroad as you are selling to a direct rival
Even whilst noting this, you won't see a Spanish club put down £50m on him, let alone a £50m+20m "tax adjusted" amount. Real are out bringing Alaba on a free, they will be earmarking Mbappe to run down his contract, etc. Barcelona are also in a similar position with Depay, they couldn't really bring Laurtado in either and are just busy on player swaps.

PSG sure, but these Spanish clubs look skint for the foreseeable future.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I see him going to PSG or one of the Spanish giants once they sort their shit out, I don't think any team here that could afford him would go for him due to the price we would be looking for
You think he'd go for more than VVD/Maguire? Can't see that tbh, a precedent has been set

jesperjaap

You think he'd go for more than VVD/Maguire? Can't see that tbh, a precedent has been set
Lets not forget Leicester paid over £35M for him though. After the season he has had and the raw talent he has, you cant see Leicester entertaining under £65m for him, I would expect closer to £80m than £65m actually. He isnt worth anywhere near that fee yet at least and I dont see anybody paying it anyway....maybe another season and that may change. He does look real quality though, only thing missing for me is concentration, reminds me of a young Ferdinand in that respect as generally the game looks easy to him. Interesting to see how he does next season as I think there are a higher levels for him. If we only needed one or two signings this summer, I think we could well have made a move, cant see it at those prices with what we need though

charlenefan

Lets not forget Leicester paid over £35M for him though. After the season he has had and the raw talent he has, you cant see Leicester entertaining under £65m for him, I would expect closer to £80m than £65m actually. He isnt worth anywhere near that fee yet at least and I dont see anybody paying it anyway....maybe another season and that may change. He does look real quality though, only thing missing for me is concentration, reminds me of a young Ferdinand in that respect as generally the game looks easy to him. Interesting to see how he does next season as I think there are a higher levels for him. If we only needed one or two signings this summer, I think we could well have made a move, cant see it at those prices with what we need though
yeah in my original thread bump post I said another season at Leicester and then offer 80m if no one else has emerged as a better option

Devil may care

If we don't buy a CB this summer I could see us going for him next summer if we don't have to buy a striker.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
He is only 20. No one is paying huge money for someone who is 20. Wait for another 3-4 years and if he is still brilliant, pay that money. It would still be the same money though.

Brilliant player though

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
What kind of team would spend 80 million on a centre back from Leicester? That would be ridiculous.

75 mil inc addons so Chelsea are probably paying about 40 upfront.

Bargain.
Essien calculator is alive :D

TheReligion

Abusive
What kind of team would spend 80 million on a centre back from Leicester? That would be ridiculous.

Bargain.
75m up front with add ons up to 85m

World record fee for a player who isn’t a full intentional

High stakes poker from Toddy baby

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff

Bargain.
Complete guesswork.

my theory is that they have paid a much higher upfront fee. Leicester didn’t want to sell. They appear to be in need of cash. They wanted maguires fee upfront so I don’t see why they’d change that approach for a player they don’t want to sell. Lastly Toddy has been chucking money around this summer because he has too

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
75m up front with add ons up to 85m

World record fee for a player who isn’t a full intentional

High stakes poker from Toddy baby
It's up to 75 with addons so probably about 35 mil upfront.

It's a world record for a defender called Wesley, I'll give you that.

duffer

Scout
Complete guesswork.

my theory is that they have paid a much higher upfront fee. Leicester didn’t want to sell. They appear to be in need of cash. They wanted maguires fee upfront so I don’t see why they’d change that approach for a player they don’t want to sell. Lastly Toddy has been chucking money around this summer because he has too
No shit! :lol:

People making up transfer fees is part of being a modern football fan. Almost everything is undisclosed.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sterling, Fofana, Koulibaly, Cucurella. Big summer for Chelsea. But it's not complete until the big one - Anthony Gordon.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
He is absolutely class. Cheaper than Maguire was and a younger player with far more potential. Think it’s not a bad deal overall, for Chelsea.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Complete guesswork.

Part of the reason they were insistent on a very high fee and didn’t wanna budge is because a percentage of the fee is going straight to Fofana’s old club in France, something like 20%.

duffer

Scout
Sterling, Fofana, Koulibaly, Cucurella. Big summer for Chelsea. But it's not complete until the big one - Anthony Gordon.
Christensen - The Fofinator
Rudiger - Koulibaly
Alonso - Cookie
Lukaku - Sterling

I'd have taken that at the start of the summer.

Gordon is the one everyone wants for sure, that will take our summer from an 8/10 to a 11/10.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
He is absolutely class. Cheaper than Maguire was and a younger player with far more potential. Think it’s not a bad deal overall, for Chelsea.
We’re overpaying, can’t get away from that, but once you kind of make your peace with the fee, then it’s easy to get excited by what Fofana brings to Chelsea.

charlenefan

He looked like he had potential before the leg break, barely played since. If he fulfills his potential then the fee will just about be worth it, if not yet another expensive flop for Chelsea

amolbhatia50k

Christensen - The Fofinator
Rudiger - Koulibaly
Alonso - Cookie
Lukaku - Sterling

I'd have taken that at the start of the summer.

Gordon is the one everyone wants for sure, that will take our summer from an 8/10 to a 11/10.
Alonso is gone? He was a good player for you. I rated Rudiger so I'm not sure that one is an upgrade. Sterling is good but I'm really not sure why you aren't linked with a number 9. Can prove to be a good summer but much will depend on what Tuchel can get out of the attack.

duffer

Scout
Alonso is gone? He was a good player for you. I rates Rudiger so I'm not sure that ones an upgrade. Sterling is good but I'm really not sure why you aren't linked with a number 9.

Alonso is gone from the Chelsea squad at least.

They're not all massive upgrades (or maybe all upgrades) but Rudiger needed replacing and Kouli is about as good as we could get and overall, I would absolutely see the 4 we signed as better than the 4 they are replacing.

We have been linked with a number 9, thanks Aubama.

Skills

Snitch
It's crazy they've spent so much this summer without addressing the fact they struggle to score goals or create chances

amolbhatia50k

It's crazy they've spent so much this summer without addressing the fact they struggle to score goals
It's tuchels biggest weakness. Initially he had a big impact on them but now that he's time and money to spend their attack needs to start clicking.

duffer

Scout
It's crazy they've spent so much this summer without addressing the fact they struggle to score goals or create chances
Our defence had to be the number 1 priority, with what was happening with Rudi, Christensen and Alonso.

We've signed Sterling and are very close to Aubamayang & Gordon for chances /goals (you might think they're shit but you can't say we're not addressing those positions).

Status
Not open for further replies.