Kick-off
Sat, 23 December 2023 @ 12:30pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

TsuWave

He might be but he’s been awful today. Shaw has completely bullied him.
    Shaw has had the upper hand in their duel thus far, it happens. but I like technically gifted players that are hard to dispossess. That instance that (wrongly) caused Evans to be booked is a good example

Chumpsbechumps

It's started slowly as the early Saturday kickoff often does, but we've largely been the better side, controlled the game, forced them into mistakes with our pressing, and should have scored at least one. West Ham aren't a joke at home, either.

From reading this thread you'd have thought we were playing like a pub side.
    Yes, finally some voice of reason. Totally agree

DavelinaJolie

Not a great game to watch, but at least Utd look solid at the back and have created some openings. Poor finishing, poor anticipation and poor crossing again.

justboy68

Pretty boring half honestly but it’s been more controlled at least. We were growing into it a bit in my opinion, we just need somebody to get on the end of a bloody chance. It’s not been happening for Hojlind again today unfortunately.

Infra-red

I'd say we have done... OK. We should be winning and finished the half better than we started it. If this team had a top striker, results would be so different. Anyway, hopefully the momentum of the last 15 minutes continues into the 2nd half.

laughtersassassin

Where is this Hojlund rapid pace the commentators keep going on about? I’ve not seen any evidence of it on the pitch.
    We don't/can't use it. Would need some nice through balls to see it.

I agree we don't see it much though but statistically it's there based on the numbers.

Yakuza_devils

Glad that Moyes not our coach anymore. Feck me, he is still playing so negative football. How on earth SAF recommended him to take over the helm?

Walters_19_MuFc

Not the most entertaining game but we've controlled the game well. West Ham haven't really layed a glove on us.

Unfortunately, when we have got into good areas, we've lacked that quality, which seems to be pretty much the case in most games.

Second half, if we do get in behind the full backs, we need to make better use of the opportunities.

evil_geko

Give over. He should have been there. No question about it.
    Of course, as soon as we implement our new teleporting chip into his brain that I have been hearing about so he can predict our wayward passes before they happen.

superdry

touched by a genius
    Why’s Anthony ingratiating himself on everyone like a Christmas puppy

Hughie77

Better half for Utd than them.. should be 1 up realy.. Garnacho has to score that chance.. otherwise its been not to bad.. West Ham fouling and fouling and this ref seems to be not seeing them.. and books Evans..

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
    We have played well overall, actually controlled the game well. But I have never seen such an impotent Utd attack. Just doesn’t feel like we will score.

FerociousCorgis

I'd love to see hojlund play with martial instead of mctominay. Imagine martial dropping into the space to help link up everything and hojlund being able to work off that instead of some random fecker who does nothing but drift around waiting for a shot

edgecutter

I'd say we have done... OK. We should be winning and finished the half better than we started it. If this team had a top striker, results would be so different. Anyway, hopefully the momentum of the last 15 minutes continues into the 2nd half.
    Would it? We make feck all chances for our striker

the_cliff

Pretty drab game so far. We’ve probably edged the chances but not really doing enough to get the lead. There needs to be more tempo and definitely more quality in the final third if we want to score. Also, communication, United!! Get it right.
    Garnacho missed a one vs one when the gk was badly positioned and left half of the goal open....

Have we scored a 1 on 1 all season ?

Only one I remember was the offside goal vs Arsenal.

RedIan

West ham fans must all have sore heads, ive heard more noise in a library.
    If we get out of 2nd gear this games there for the taking.
    Id get Rashford on 2nd half. Garnacho is carrying our main threat whilst Anthonys offers no threat.
    Young Willy settled in nicely. Shaw playing well.

NK86

Disjointed attack. Whenever the players get near the 6 yard box, everyone starts making wrong decision. 160 million in Hoijund and Antony for you! Antony always make wrong decision, definitely not United quality. Garnacho had a few good chances but still not ready to be XI.
    Antony produced the 2 best chances for us - one on a plate for Garnacho. Both are not good enough for us (Garnacho may not be ready to shoulder the attack yet if the others are all crap), but Antony has not been as bad as his last few games.

Someone

Something
    Playing Mct in the hope he can nick a goal is killing our game. Play him instead of Hojlund for all I care, but fix this broken midfield.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
    Scout
    Our players get booked for dissent, yet when an opposition player reacts to not being given a throw, absolutely feck all happens.
    Not just that. Paqueta stamped on Mainoo's foot, the balls nowhere near him, seconds beforehand and didn't get a yellow. Then when the ref gave it as a free kick to us he did the same "dissent" as Evans and yet again, no yellow card.

Zed is not dead

After leaking so many goals this season, it’s understandable that the team is now setup to be more compact and composed, trying to build up more confidence.

The irony is that it’s what the Caf has been crying for and the Caf is now complaining about it.

Cathy Ferguson

Disjointed attack. Whenever the players get near the 6 yard box, everyone starts making wrong decision. 160 million in Hoijund and Antony for you! Antony always make wrong decision, definitely not United quality. Garnacho had a few good chances but still not ready to be XI.
    Yup. Our attack is quite poor. Need Toney and Neto but money is already spent.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
    Are we the baddies? (Baddies as in tony pulis' stoke, or Sean Dyches Burnley). Every match we make sure is the least entertaining thing on the planet.

lex talionis

Put some decent finishing into our quiver and we put away clubs like West Ham fairly easily.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
    I don’t think we’d be much better off if we’d signed Kane instead. Hojlund has the least touches of any striker in the premier league. Kane might drop deeper and get more involved, but the point is we don’t create shit.

DanielofLeyland

Think we have played reasonably well. Some neat play when passing the ball. West Ham seem like they've finished for Christmas which has given us more room.

Feel Antony has been quite good when coming centrally. It offers us an extra man to get the ball into the final third. We have just been to wasteful. Garnacho needs to do better and Hojlund needs to get himself into the game more. I expect more from West Ham in the second half. We need to be able to deal with that and get a goal quickly.

el3mel

Mad.

Should be scoring even with 0 service. Man’s expected to score without the ball. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    It's December. He has been here for 5 months and scored zero league. Are you trying to convince me he didn't get a single chance in any match for the last 5 months ?

binary bot
    Feels like so often our attack defies any sort of logic in their decision making. Why is Garnacho going front post on that chance?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.3 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 193 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • West Ham win
  • Draw