WEuros 2022 | England v Germany - it c*me h*me

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Your always slagging off everything about England. You was the same at the men's Euros. Jog on mate.
I would have hated the men’s winning the euros yes. True.

Couldn’t care that the women have won, I’m happy for them.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Think it's imperative United capitalise on this. Get Russo signed whatever takes, put some proper investment in the team... Now is the time.

dronesoul

Toone!! What a ridiculous finish that was, and the opener in a Euro final at home, in front of almost 80 000 people. I just screamed. World class!

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I’m not falling over myself to say it’s shit. It’s a bloody European final so bound to have people watching it who don’t usually watch and may comment on it.

I can see it’s a very sensitive subject so I’m done in here now. Enjoy the win England
But it is so tedious. You need to have some perspective, the FA banned women's football in 1921 when attendance at games was 50k+. It was banned until 1971. What are you really expecting from a game that was stunted 100 years ago? The FA only started backing the game in the 90s!

I’m loving my life

Nice to see a few morons that haven't posted in this thread all tournament have come out now acting all edgy.

Bore off.
Nice to see a few morons that haven't posted in this thread all tournament have come out now acting all edgy.

Bore off.
Sorry , was there some kind of criteria? I’ve been perched on the end of the Grand Canyon and just logged in and now worried I might be edgy

ObscureBaguette

I thought England's first goal was fit to grace any match, men's or women's. Brilliant ball over the top and what a finish. The general quality remains lower than the men's game but the women's game is still in a developmental stage. It may never reach the level of the men's - personally I quite like the fact it feels a bit less... intense. If England had lost, I wouldn't have been as disappointed as I was last summer but it's still great to finally see an England team do this.

The moment that the penny dropped for me was the little girl dancing in the stands after the semi-final. It reminded me of my niece, who loves football, and opened my eyes to the fact that little girls have for so long not been able to dream the same dream that boys can. You'll have to forgive me for having an emotional response but I'm not made of stone and I love the fact that so many little girls might be inspired and maybe we can change the narrative around football at the grassroots in general - the one that sees facilities closed down and playing fields sold off. If we manage this moment correctly as a nation, the need for such facilities will rise.

Reactions: 12OunceEpilogue

RedDevilQuebecois

Think it's imperative United capitalise on this. Get Russo signed whatever takes, put some proper investment in the team... Now is the time.
Oh, yeah. It should be a no-brainer to get her signed on long term and the club to use this victory as the start of something bigger. Real Madrid, PSG and Barcelona have seen the value of investing in the women's game; we must do the same now.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But it is so tedious. You need to have some perspective, the FA banned women's football in 1921 when attendance at games was 50k+. It was banned until 1971. What are you really expecting from a game that was stunted 100 years ago? The FA only started backing the game in the 90s!
Fine, I can see that. I’ll refrain from commenting on women’s football in the future

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Tough one for the caf this. Most hate the England national team….but want to be seen supporting womens football. Tough choices

dronesoul

I thought England's first goal was fit to grace any match, men's or women's. Brilliant ball over the top and what a finish. The general quality remains lower than the men's game but the women's game is still in a developmental stage. It may never reach the level of the men's - personally I quite like the fact it feels a bit less... intense. If England had lost, I wouldn't have been as disappointed as I was last summer but it's still great to finally see an England team do this.

The moment that the penny dropped for me was the little girl dancing in the stands after the semi-final. It reminded me of my niece, who loves football, and opened my eyes to the fact that little girls have for so long not been able to dream the same dream that boys can. You'll have to forgive me for having an emotional response but I'm not made of stone and I love the fact that so many little girls might be inspired and maybe we can change the narrative around football at the grassroots in general - the one that sees facilities closed down and playing fields sold off. If we manage this moment correctly as a nation, the need for such facilities will rise.
They’re ridiculously better footballers today than they were 20 years ago. They have covered a LOT of ground, and are still steeply improving still, whereas the guys skill level have had a way longer time to advance and have plateaued really, and improve/mutate much more slowly.

But the feck cares really right? Toone!!!!!!

alexthelion

Tournament started with a White dive that got rewarded a penalty and ended with a robbery of a penalty and a red card in the finals. Kind of symbolic! VAR failed both times, and the home team benefited, nothing odd with questioning it.
:smirk:

fergies coat

Exactly this. People going on about the quality. It wasn't even bad anyway but who cares? This will inspire so many little girls and hopefully give the women's game a massive boost.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
I don't care much about woman's football but congratulations to our English Cafe residents.

ObscureBaguette

They’re ridiculously better footballers today than they were 20 years ago. They have covered a LOT of ground, and are still steeply improving still, whereas the guys skill level have had a way longer time to advance and have plateaued really, and improve/mutate much more slowly.

But the feck cares really right? Toone!!!!!!
Yes, I'm 100% in agreement with you.

Thiagoal

Tooney, Tooney, Tooney! That was a goal of real quality and sums up the massive strides the womens game has made over the last decade! Well done England!

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
:boring:

How many times you using this excuse?
It's true though. England barely beat Germany's second string team.

Nonetheless, they did, and I'm very happy for the United ladies. In the men's game I'm usually rooting for England all the way, but I like the German ladies team. Still cool that England won, congratulations

AndySmith1990

I remember watching womens football many years ago and it was rather embarrassing to see such poor quality football labelled as professional sport. The improvement from that to today is massive and it's great to see women's football go from strength to strength.

I'm sure many young girls will have been watching today and dreaming of one day being a part of that, in the same way millions of young lads have been doing for decades. It's all very positive and I'm happy for everyone involved. Also proud to see England win a major trophy

RoyH1

Deserved England win. Happy to see a full Wembley for this. The woman's game has grown so much in the last couple of years, it's really breathtaking.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
What a win . This has been an incredible tournament quality wise . Today was slightly off but that’s understandable considering what was on the line. People forget how often big mens matches are awful. Overall though I am stunned by how much the quality has improved in the last 10 years