We've been robbed

Status
Not open for further replies.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
The ref is bent.

Edit: If you think it wasn't a foul on elanga then you must have missed atletico getting much softer decisions all game, the ref isn't consistent. We were denied a free kick in dangerous positions twice also when ronaldo and bruno were blatantly taken down.

Last edited:

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even leaving aside right/wrong decisions, the way he's managing the game is irritating me.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
The amount of European exits we’ve had at the hands of dodgy reffing decisions...

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
VAR is blind.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Think he's just shit tbf. But as ever it's our fault for defending like mugs and not taking our chances when we're on top. I think Dalot probably has more shots than anyone else on the team FFS, poor decisions as soon as it gets near their box.

On the other hand, great to see us dominating in midfield and knocking it around nicely, we've still got a good chance in this game if we wise up.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Robbed a bit much ... It was probably a 50/50 decision that just went against us, would've been a soft foul at best IMO.

SER19

So bad it's genuinely investigation worthy. Every single decision their way and 2 non contestable fouls in goal. The tie is over

RedAlert27

Ridiculous decisions being made, ruining the game. Terrible defending though. Can't see us breaking this scummy atletico side down now

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Was never a foul on Elanga. Not sure about the one after on Fred though.

I also think the decision to rule out Felix’ goal looked dodgy too. We’ve been good, but ultimately not good enough.

SER19

I also think the decision to rule out their first goal looked dodgy too. We’ve been good, but ultimately not good enough.

Llorente was about a half a yard offside. There's being diplomatic and there's absolute nonsense.

LoneStar

Robbed a bit much ... It was probably a 50/50 decision that just went against us, would've been a soft foul at best IMO.
This is what I felt as well. If there is anything to blame here, it’s our terrible defending. The way they cut through us 2 times should not be happening.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC

I also think the decision to rule out Felix’ goal looked dodgy too. We’ve been good, but ultimately not good enough.
I would agree with that BUT athletico have been getting softer decisions all game

AndySmith1990

We're getting dangerously close to RAWK levels of conspiracy and delusion. Come on, be better

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Would’ve been a soft foul, was shit defending from Maguire, de Gea and Dalot.

Jev

It's no excuse and we shouldn't try to make it one. It might have been a foul but they didn't score because of the foul. We had every chance to defend that goal.

cyberman

Fred was clearly fouled, what in the absolute feck is it with our luck with VAR this year

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I'm quite irrationaly sick of English pundits saying our players go down easily. This is the game in Europe. Madrid have had plenty of soft free kicks this tie. We should've had one and it stops the goal.

I’m loving my life

They are the snidest shits in world football. We deserve to be ahead. My fear is we wilt now in full second half syndrome. At least the BT pundits are being realistic today.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Which the double foul on elanga or body check on fred?
Elanga one wasn't a foul. Fred one was 50/50, probably a foul but easily seen as just momentum running into him. If we did that, I'd be furious if it was ruled out... So can't get top invested in hating on the ref?

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Yeah, pretty much. Very frustrating for us but not a massive mistake by the ref.

OverratedOpinion

This is what I felt as well. If there is anything to blame here, it’s our terrible defending. The way they cut through us 2 times should not be happening.
This is also true. Our full backs have a terrible obsession of going too narrow and I have literally no idea why. It is the reason we went out of the Champions League in the group stage last season when Angelino played a full match against nobody. Even at Spurs the only joy they had was switching it out wide whilst our full backs were inside our box.

Shockingly leaving attacking players totally unmarked doesn't bring huge success.

cyberman

The ref randomly stopping Bruno taking a quick free was ridiculous.

Tarrou

I thought it was a foul on Elanga, but only just

if Elanga goes down on the initial contact it would have been given

but definitely a close decision and not much else you can say

Status
Not open for further replies.