What’s the reasons for keeping Ole?

Nash27

All those 'excuses' can and will be used no matter who is in charge come August, what if we signed Pochettino today and we're playing shit come August?

The problem is that people like you have zero patience or understanding on what it takes to build a team and want instant success. It would absolutely kill some of you to get behind a manager, you're only happy when you're miserable and everyone else around you is as well. Just dare to support him, I dare you to for once see some positives or have some vision as to where we can be at in a couple of years if we actually just backed one manager and gave him time.
THIS x 100. Really getting sick of some of the fans.

Rayburns

I believe he is a positive, upbeat and ambitious person and that was so refreshing initially compared to the harsh and egotistical natures of previous managers.

Many players seemed to respond his 'arm around the shoulder' technique, the latter stage of the season we clearly capitulated which cannot go unnoticed.

I fear the rot had already set in on this, and as there are wholesale changes needed, it is important to have a manager that at least cares about the club, understanding the need to build around new sets of criteria, which he seems to be reinforcing. (probably to the detriment of some existing squad members which, might be a minor explanation into loss of motivation for end of season).

Reactions: nimic

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
All those 'excuses' can and will be used no matter who is in charge come August, what if we signed Pochettino today and we're playing shit come August?

The problem is that people like you have zero patience or understanding on what it takes to build a team and want instant success. It would absolutely kill some of you to get behind a manager, you're only happy when you're miserable and everyone else around you is as well. Just dare to support him, I dare you to for once see some positives or have some vision as to where we can be at in a couple of years if we actually just backed one manager and gave him time.
Yes - that is what the problem is at United.

It's 'fans' like me. I'm the problem... I need to be more like you, then the club would be ok.

There are 2 things that you need to understand...

1. The view you hold, is the same view that oppo fans who loathe Utd want Utd fans to take.

You perhaps are an oppo fan on the WUM - your posting on this topic holds the exact same stance that every dipper or citeh fan wants Utd to take.

Or perhaps you just don't know much about footy and somehow think that laughable decisions that are plainly obvious to everyone else as awful decisions, are actually good decisions, and it really bothers your little world that not everyone agrees with you?

2. People will hold different opinions to yourself in life. Get over it and stop fecking whinging about it constantly.

DevilAgeIdiot

Think you've got this one wrong crossy. There is a lot of love for Olé and most supporters will get behind him, including those who have understandable concerns regarding his managerial suitability.

The last 6 years have been woefully mismanaged regarding both managerial appointments and signings by Woodward and the board and there is every chance of Olé finding himself out of his depth.
Hopefully he will do well and get us top four but it's far from guaranteed. No need for fans to turn on each other just because some give voice to very legitimate concern.

It's about getting the balance right. I agree that we need to have a certain degree of patience but it is all about the degree, we can not afford too much patience as that can can lapse very easily into complacency.
We need to turn things around urgently. Olé himself will be well aware of this critical balance.

Last edited:
Reactions: nimic

DSG

Same argument over and over.... Ole’s got the job. Instead of debating ad nauseum about something that is done, why not support him for now and move on to more interesting topics?

The Smalling / Jones / Young re-signings are NOT about actually wanting them as part of a weekly back 4. Ole and everyone at the club knows they aren’t good enough. But since we only had 8 homegrown of the 25, they needed to be retained because their contracts were up. Compound that with the fact that Bailly, Rojo, and Darmian are almost unplayable, and most likely to be sold, and you have the logical choice of new contracts for all three. Although I do not support playing them every week, I do support the decision to secure their services for next season. If they are part of of our first choice back four by season’s end, then things really have gone tits up. This has been beaten to death in other threads, not sure why others keep bringing it up to back their point that Ole’s an idiot.

Hopefully Tuanzebe will be in the first team along with Greenwood to ease our homegrown issue, and those English squad members can be moved on.

crossy1686

career ending
Yes - that is what the problem is at United.

It's 'fans' like me. I'm the problem... I need to be more like you, then the club would be ok.

There are 2 things that you need to understand...

1. The view you hold, is the same view that oppo fans who loathe Utd want Utd fans to take.

You perhaps are an oppo fan on the WUM - your posting on this topic holds the exact same stance that every dipper or citeh fan wants Utd to take.

Or perhaps you just don't know much about footy and somehow think that laughable decisions that are plainly obvious to everyone else as awful decisions, are actually good decisions, and it really bothers your little world that not everyone agrees with you?

2. People will hold different opinions to yourself in life. Get over it and stop fecking whinging about it constantly.
1. Yeah because that makes perfect sense. I must be an opposition fan because I think the manager should be given time to build his own squad. See Pochettino and Klopp for a reality check. Both going into their 5th season as manager at their respective clubs, you'd have them both sacked after 6 months because you're a 'real' United fan. :houllier:

Maybe I don't know as much as some people, but at least I'm not someone who questions everyone's credentials without having any of my own to fall back on. Everyone deserves a chance but you're obviously not even willing to entertain that idea as you know best, which is why you're a manager of a very successful football team and have won everything going.

2. Number two looks like advice you should be giving yourself. You're the one whining like a child over a situation that hasn't even happened yet.

Also, who is 'everyone else' and what do they think are 'awful decisions'?

So yes, fans like you are a contributing factor. You're certainly not helping and you're not doing anything about the fact you're upset with how things are going apart from running your mouth.

DSG

Think you've got this one wrong crossy. There is a lot of love for Olé and most supporters will get behind him, including those who have understandable concerns regarding his managerial suitability.

The last 6 years have been woefully mismanaged regarding both managerial appointments and signings by Woodward and the board and there is every chance of Olé finding himself out of his depth.
Hopefully he will do well and get us top four but it's far from guaranteed. No need for fans to turn on each other just because some give voice to very legitimate concern.
I believe the 18 threads debating the Ole appointment for the fans voicing legit concerns are more than enough. There is a time to just move on. We need a cocoon of positivity around the team as we go into a very important transfer window and preseason.

Rhyme Animal

1. Yeah because that makes perfect sense. I must be an opposition fan because I think the manager should be given time to build his own squad. See Pochettino and Klopp for a reality check. Both going into their 5th season as manager at their respective clubs, you'd have them both sacked after 6 months because you're a 'real' United fan. :houllier:

Maybe I don't know as much as some people, but at least I'm not someone who questions everyone's credentials without having any of my own to fall back on. Everyone deserves a chance but you're obviously not even willing to entertain that idea as you know best, which is why you're a manager of a very successful football team and have won everything going.

2. Number two looks like advice you should be giving yourself. You're the one whining like a child over a situation that hasn't even happened yet.

So yes, fans like you are a contributing factor. You're certainly not helping and you're not doing anything about the fact you're upset with how things are going apart from running your mouth.
I'm not whining about other people's opinions though mate - I'm challenging you on the fact that you're doing so.

Very, very different.

It's a forum, people will have different opinions than yourself. Stop bleating about it - it's tiresome.

You wanna hold the same hopes for Utd as dippers and oppos? That's fine, good for you - lets see how that pans out.

I believe the 18 threads debating the Ole appointment for the fans voicing legit concerns are more than enough. There is a time to just move on. We need a cocoon of positivity around the team as we go into a very important transfer window and preseason.
This is just brilliant...

'We mustn't discuss or even acknowledge the surreal decisions of a proven failure board because the club needs to be cocooned in positive vibes...'.

Yes, as yer boy Crossy suggested in one of his tantrums above - fans discussing their concerns online is an actual problem for the club.

crossy1686

career ending

It's about getting the balance right. I agree that we need to have a certain degree of patience but it is all about the degree, we can not afford too much patience as that can can lapse very easily into complacency.
We need to turn things around urgently. Olé himself will be well aware of this critical balance.
I agree with you completely. The club has been operating without any clear direction for a while now but no one can say that at the moment, we appear to be at least trying to get our ducks in a row. For the first summer in 6 years we're entering a transfer window with a plan, that's at least something. We're looking at a certain profile of players to improve the squad over coming years, not a shitty Galactico approach that hasn't worked.

Solskjær may well be proven to be out of his depth but he deserves a chance at least and he deserves that fans get behind him instead of asking to see his CV every 10 minutes. Let's see where we are at the end of the season, look at the direction we're going in and double down and cut our losses next year. Pochettino isn't going anywhere and if he ends up being the man to take us forward in a season or so then so be it, but for the time being we have a manager who deserves a chance.

For some reason there's this cultural need to put a label on everything. "He's a shit manager" says who? Some bloke who watches the games with a laptop on his knee. The same people are also writing Pochettio off and wrote Klopp off. "Shit managers, never won anything", then they actually win something and that definitive statement isn't true anymore.

AJ10

:lol::lol:

DevilAgeIdiot

'There is a time to move on.'
I genuinely wish it were that easy but unfortunately that is not how football works.
Olé's progress will be scrutinised and rightly so. If he proves himself not up to the task then we will have to be ruthless in letting him go. There can be no place for romanticism when it comes to manager appointments.

Our form has been shockingly poor since the appointment was amateurishly prematurely announced. The board backed themselves into a corner and only have themselves to blame for the predicament they found themselves in at the end of the season.

Having said that I, like most others who are not afraid to voice concerns, will be behind Olé 100%. OGS will always be a United legend and a great guy.
Let's all get behind him now and hope he is indeed the right man to turn this around.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
If you cannot see the progression of teams Poch manages then I don't know what to tell ya. All typically done on shoestring budgets. At Spurs he is on negative expenditure, they play better football than us, routinely finish higher in the table, qualify for the CL, promoted youth prospects to 1st team, well coached, all players have improved individually, tactical flexibility, oh and did I mention they can actually play football? SAF descirbed him as the best manager in the league despite the lack of silverware. maybe just maybe, there is enough ability there to suggest that should he be backed, just like Jurgen, perhaps he could go to the next level?

imagine if Levy backed Poch like Klopp was and THEY signed Sancho for 80 odd million (Eriksen/Kane/Sancho) whilst also signing Ndombele and Maddison to bolster their midfield? or they could sell Alli and actually reinvest those funds on Tielemens and Partay. do you not think that Spurs would then go to the next level and MAINTAIN a title charge like Liverpool did?
they were in it until March, despite having the exact same players as last year when they were miles off. Klopp was allowed to fill in the gaps in his team whilst Poch does not have this luxury. have some faith in Poch mate
I'm not disagreeing with you at all. You've kinda backed up my point. All I was saying is how do we know that Solskjaer can't do exactly the same thing?? Fans are writing him off after 5 months but fawning over a manager who has been at Spurs for over 5 years and not won anything. Where is the logic in that? Are you happy to give Solskjaer 5 years so long as we are making progress? As for signings, I would've thought you know by now that they are always a gamble. Poch hasn't signed many players because with Son, Kane, Alli, Eriksen etc., he really didn't need to.

crossy1686

career ending
I'm not whining about other people's opinions though mate - I'm challenging you on the fact that you're doing so.

Very, very different.

It's a forum, people will have different opinions than yourself. Stop bleating about it - it's tiresome.

You wanna hold the same hopes for Utd as dippers and oppos? That's fine, good for you - lets see how that pans out.

This is just brilliant...

'We mustn't discuss or even acknowledge the surreal decisions of a proven failure board because the club needs to be cocooned in positive vibes...'.

Yes, as yer boy Crossy suggested in one of his tantrums above - fans discussing their concerns online is an actual problem for the club.
You're whining about Solskjær because you don't know what else to actually do. In fact, you made up a scenario for August so you could whine about what could happen.

There's no tantrum from me, I'm simply asking you to dare yourself to get behind a manager and give him a chance, he's done more than most could ever dream of. We see this kind of behaviour in workplaces everywhere, those negative people who sit in the corner and talk shit about how their boss doesn't deserve to be their boss due to a lack of perceived credentials, while literally offering nothing themselves but negativity.

Questioning a manager after 6 months is tiresome, and it's going to roll on until August because there's no football being played. Unfortunately the only way to shut people like you up is for us to win games.

Where are you getting this absolute nonsense from? You've decided that, no one else has. People on here were thankful Klopp was staying at Liverpool a few seasons ago, go and check the thread. Oppo fans don't have a fecking clue outside what they see at the weekend.

Problem is, you're not discussing, you're just shouting at clouds. The club has been run badly, there's no getting away from that but it appears we're putting foundations in place again to build on something. But yeah, whatever, let's just sack everyone.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
It's Ole and him creating new legacy and success in his own club is a dream coming true.

Rhyme Animal

You're whining about Solskjær because you don't know what else to actually do. In fact, you made up a scenario for August so you could whine about what could happen.
No - I responded to a question asked by another poster and you waded in and starting trying to overbear the situation with your endless fecking whining.

See...

Come August when we are still playing shit football, with no clear system and dropping points left right and centre what will the excuses be for Ole then?
Just replying to a question from another poster :eek:

Indeed, this is a thread questioning the appointment of a managerial nobody to one of the most elite jobs in World footy - it's going to be full of cynicism and concerns from intelligent Utd fans. Deal with it. It'll make your Summer easier.

crossy1686

career ending
No - I responded to a question asked by another poster and you waded in and starting trying to overbear the situation with your endless fecking whining.

See...

Just replying to a question from another poster :eek:

Indeed, this is a thread questioning the appointment of a managerial nobody to one of the most elite jobs in World footy - it's going to be full of cynicism and concerns from intelligent Utd fans. Deal with it. It'll make your Summer easier.
You've got nothing left to say because you've been talking bollocks and someone called you out on it.

Next time you want to make imaginary scenario's up to complain about, go and lock yourself in the bathroom and do it in the mirror. No one on here wants to hear your bleating.

Enigma_87

You know who

To be honest the fans that don't back Ole(me included) have backed some of the managers till the very end and game him time - be it van Gaal, Jose or dare to say Moyes. The problem is that Woodward or whoever takes those decisions appointed 4 completely different managers in terms of styles and personalities. It's normal to have fans that oppose the appointment and want to see better/different manager at helm.

If he followed a some kind of a pattern and have the club going into certain direction I think there will be less opposition than we have now(and we would've been much better off).

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent

What is up with that "support" thing? What does that even mean? That i must think that he will be success? That i must avoid saying obvious things and instead of that, i should be blind and say that he is good choice?
Am i less fan than you if i say that i think that he will fail? I can say that Martial and Rashford will be new Neymar and Suarez. And point fingers to everybody who doesn't think that. "Show some support for young lads".

My opinion about Ole is based on something. Yours is just pure and blind faith. The fact is that one of the biggest clubs in the world hired Molde manager who failed in his only job outside Norway. The fact is that he ended season with horrible horrible performances, outplayed by relegation clubs and with horrible results. The (subjective) fact is that his man management during games was bad.

This doesn't have anything about patience. Guardiola, Poch and Fergie together wouldn't fix this in one season. But Ole certainly isn't the man capable to manage club big like this. Based on everything what we saw.

Rhyme Animal

You've got nothing left to say because you've been talking bollocks and someone called you out on it.

Next time you want to make imaginary scenario's up to complain about, go and lock yourself in the bathroom and do it in the mirror. No one on here wants to hear it bleating.
No... I've got plenty to say and have stated it clearly above :)

Stop acting like a spiteful child and showing yourself up.

And some not so intelligent united fans I’d guess :D
I'd guarantee it! ;)

crossy1686

career ending
To be honest the fans that don't back Ole(me included) have backed some of the managers till the very end and game him time - be it van Gaal, Jose or dare to say Moyes. The problem is that Woodward or whoever takes those decisions appointed 4 completely different managers in terms of styles and personalities. It's normal to have fans that oppose the appointment and want to see better/different manager at helm.

If he followed a some kind of a pattern and have the club going into certain direction I think there will be less opposition than we have now(and we would've been much better off).
I do understand the people that are cautious of Solskjær's appointment, but I do feel it's more due to a lack of trust towards our board and Woodward more than anything else. I honestly can see both sides but now the seasons over and the anger has stemmed slightly, if we look at it from a planning perspective, this looks like the only appointment that has a long term approach to it instead of throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I just hope people can be patient enough to see out next season with Solskjær before every starts calling for his head. We'll know exactly what the deal is after this season.

fergiesarmy1

Yet you could be wrong Andycoleno9. Time will tell, he isn’t going to be fired in the summer so you may as well get behind him and hope for a miracle, the big names of lvg and Jose didn’t work out anyway.

Rista

Questioning a manager after 6 months is tiresome
Ask yourself this. If we hadn't hired him permanently already, how many would want him as Man Utd manager right now? How many would want him to be the man to spend hundreds of millions to transform us into challengers again? If not the majority then tiresome or not, surely it means there there are legitimate concerns about his ability to turn things around. "STFU and get behind the manager" does not really mean anything, it's not like people are shouting abuse at Ole himself.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Come August when we are still playing shit football, with no clear system and dropping points left right and centre what will the excuses be for Ole then?
If we're playing shit football, with no system and dropping points left right and centre after he's been given a reasonable time frame to get it right, there will be no excuses.

Of course not. I don't understand what point you're trying to make. The vast majority of posters on here who aren't crying "Ole out" overtly (or in the shape of passive-aggressive rants) don't have any "blind faith" in him.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Whay we need is the fans, the board, the owner in 1 direction. We must agree that our problem lies deep, if we want restructure we have to choose 1 manager, give him the sword, and persevere during the makeover period.

Players are human, they as in any management will resort to self preservation mechanism especially if the new manager looking to offload half the squad, they're human beings with selfish reasons, they so called deadwood are their buddies for a good chunk of their career, they're not going to go down professionally as much as we exprct them to be.

I believe it'll take 3 years of getting rid the squad and the bad apples, and restart from scratch.

Sadly none of our previous manager were given that authority and patience. We hit reset every 2 years because we panicked. It sends a wrong message that the players can weather the storm, give a few good run every new manager, get a new contract and all is forgiven

Saffron

Even disregarding his dismal CV, his lack of pull is a serious concern. Zlatan said specifically that he thought United was worse than PSG ”but when Mourinho called, I couldn’t say no”.

Who’s going to want to play for Solskjaer? He’s a club legend like Effenberg, not a world legend like Zidane. I bet many kids today outside of England had no idea who he was until he was appointed interim at United.

crossy1686

career ending
What is up with that "support" thing? What does that even mean? That i must think that he will be success? That i must avoid saying obvious things and instead of that, i should be blind and say that he is good choice?
Am i less fan than you if i say that i think that he will fail? I can say that Martial and Rashford will be new Neymar and Suarez. And point fingers to everybody who doesn't think that. "Show some support for young lads".

My opinion about Ole is based on something. Yours is just pure and blind faith. The fact is that one of the biggest clubs in the world hired Molde manager who failed in his only job outside Norway. The fact is that he ended season with horrible horrible performances, outplayed by relegation clubs and with horrible results. The (subjective) fact is that his man management during games was bad.

This doesn't have anything about patience. Guardiola, Poch and Fergie together wouldn't fix this in one season. But Ole certainly isn't the man capable to manage club big like this. Based on everything what we saw.
What is to be gained by typing over and over again in every thread possible about how Solskjær won't be a success because you believe so? You've been one of the worst for it, you started complaining back in March. It's not obvious, it's your subjective opinion and people have the right to disagree with you.

I'm saying that people are tired of your, and not only yours, negativity about anything and everything surrounding the club. If it makes you this miserable then just don't watch, don't follow the team for a season, honestly, your quality of life will improve drastically. We don't all have to be miserable because you don't like the manager or any of our players.

Your opinion on Solskjær is as valid as mine is. Just because it's yours doesn't give it any more weight. The middle part is all bollocks and it's used to push a narrative that is definitive. If Solskjær wins a major trophy next season all this Cardiff and Molde bullshit will stop instantly, just like all the Pochettino is a shit manager because he's never won anything will stop when he does. As I said before, people hoping Klopp stayed at Liverpool a couple of seasons ago, go and check the thread if you don't believe me.

We don't know if he's capable (and I'm not saying he definitely is so lets stop using definite's for one second) I'm saying he deserves a chance to prove he is this coming season.

Enigma_87

You know who
I do understand the people that are cautious of Solskjær's appointment, but I do feel it's more due to a lack of trust towards our board and Woodward more than anything else. I honestly can see both sides but now the seasons over and the anger has stemmed slightly, if we look at it from a planning perspective, this looks like the only appointment that has a long term approach to it instead of throwing shit at a wall and seeing what sticks.

I just hope people can be patient enough to see out next season with Solskjær before every starts calling for his head. We'll know exactly what the deal is after this season.
It's not just Ole mate. You have LvG after Moyes, then you have Jose after LvG then Ole after Jose. I mean if you look at all those managers individually it really strikes no resemblance or even a clue of what we're doing. It's like Ed is setting them up on purpose to fail.

I can understand your concerns in terms of time, but will Ed himself and the board give Ole a chance next year considering he is more probable to fail rather to make it? It's obvious that the club is rotten from the head, Ole is a bit of a sitting duck in this conversation and the stir we're having in this thread and in all others. I've said it before with Moyes - it's not like he'll reject the job or won't do whatever it takes to make it work. It's not a question of "pashun" or desire, but rather than if he's good enough to begin with. Of course the latter isn't down on(in terms of fault) him for being appointed but rather Ed and others should share the blame as they have chose to hire him permanently.

The main issue is of course bigger than Ole or the managerial position itself. It's the management that handicaps the managers that came to do the job. They go against what they believe in picking them or rather they don't properly do their homework beforehand.

I don't want to be misunderstood(since I'm more vocal in this and in the Ole out camp) - the problem isn't only with Ole and lack of credentials. The problem is that the patience needed for him to succeed IMO won't be shown by the board itself. In a sense - like the way he was appointed - after a streak of bad results I can see Ed booting him out. And you have to agree we don't look like remotely able to make that significant step to change our style after Jose. Even with preseason I doubt the level of fitness and generally the ability of the players to play and sustain the level we saw in the first 10-15 games.

Persisting with Ole means that we will be set back even more and we will still need a manager who has to punch above his weight, ala Fergie to make our players overperform and hit some high form on more consistent basis.

Rhyme Animal

Mate, you literally made up a scenario for August so you could complain about it, and I'm showing myself up? :lol::lol:
Nope, wrong again! I replied to a question from another poster, in which I stated...

When this coming season falls apart, be it in August or later
You are embarrassing yourself mate, seriously. Just take a step back from the keyboard for a few hours, do something else.

Honestly mate, you're having a mare here.

crossy1686

career ending
Nope, wrong again! I replied to a question from another poster, in which I stated...

You are embarrassing yourself mate, seriously. Just take a step back from the keyboard for a few hours, do something else.

Honestly mate, you're having a mare here.
Again, just your subjective opinion and it's wrong. Like everything else you've been moaning about in here.

Rafaeldagold

Exactly. It’s not being a ‘bad fan’ to question decisions of the club when all the evidence is there that this is a bad appointment that will set us back further.

In fact I think it’s worse being apathetic & hoping somehow a novice manager will turn us around

Rafaeldagold

What is to be gained by typing over and over again in every thread possible about how Solskjær won't be a success because you believe so? You've been one of the worst for it, you started complaining back in March. It's not obvious, it's your subjective opinion and people have the right to disagree with you.

I'm saying that people are tired of your, and not only yours, negativity about anything and everything surrounding the club. If it makes you this miserable then just don't watch, don't follow the team for a season, honestly, your quality of life will improve drastically. We don't all have to be miserable because you don't like the manager or any of our players.

Your opinion on Solskjær is as valid as mine is. Just because it's yours doesn't give it any more weight. The middle part is all bollocks and it's used to push a narrative that is definitive. If Solskjær wins a major trophy next season all this Cardiff and Molde bullshit will stop instantly, just like all the Pochettino is a shit manager because he's never won anything will stop when he does. As I said before, people hoping Klopp stayed at Liverpool a couple of seasons ago, go and check the thread if you don't believe me.

We don't know if he's capable (and I'm not saying he definitely is so lets stop using definite's for one second) I'm saying he deserves a chance to prove he is this coming season.

Couple of points.

1) Ole hasn’t shown good signs or a style of play developing as Klopp/Poch has. Nowhere close. We’ve regressed performance wise since taking over.

2) just because I think this is an awful appointment I’ll still support United 100% whoever is in charge- The 2 aren’t mutually exclusive. I just have a different opinion on the direction of the club & the right choice for manager- I’m never negative about United actually. I want us to be the best club we can be

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I don't think he's the right man but he has the job now and has to be given time and money. He is a United legend but that didn't work for Newcastle, Liverpool or Leeds. I made no secret of wanting Allegri for his European pedigree but I'd love to be wrong just as I was about some bloke who popped down from Scotland in 1986...

romufc

I dont understand the negativity towards Ole, he was offered the job after Jose, took it and done well - when someone offers you the dream job, you don't say no. You want to give it your best shot. Between Feb and April, there were some tough fixtures, Arsenal, Chelsea and Wolves away in the Cup. Arsenal, Liverpool, City, PSG, Barcelona in the league. Not like we got outplayed in all of those games, and tbf most games we started well and then you could see legs going. I agree the form against Cardiff, Huddersfield and Everton was poor and it is Ole's job to get the players up for a game. But, I can see why we dipped.

Although I agree with comments about Ed in this forum, it is not as if Jose was not backed, he brought in Lindelof, Baily, Dalot, Fred, Pogba, Sanchez, Matic and Lukaku. Apart from Lindelof, the rest are being called deadwood and those are the positions we need to strengthen? Apart from RW which we have not bought since Di Maria.

The recruitment policy is the most important. If we can get that right, we can look ahead with optimism.

JustAGuest

I think this is very much a losing battle on this forum. It's a pretty pointless debate as it's obvious he will stay next season, no amount of moaning will change that. I for one will be following next season with an open mind, I don't see the need to already form a certain opinion of Ole as a manager. Anyone who claims to know how Ole will do next season I think is overestimating their own level of judgement.