What’s your single footballing high point since Fergie retired?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
With all the negativity and toxicity around United atm, how about a more positive thread…

What match / achievement is your single high point since Fergie retired?

Lest we forget, Utd have actually won multiple trophies in that time and had a lot of good results!

Go…

laughtersassassin

In general football Leicester winning the league was brilliant.

For United winning the Europa League and Carabao Cup because at the end of the day trophies even if small are what matters.

Top 4 counts for nothing in terms of looking back on a season.

FatTails

EL under Mourinho.

That run under LVG when we bossed a few big teams in a row. I still think LVG was on the right track on the pitch, but our recruitment was awful in that period.

No highlights under Moyes or Ole that I can think of.

Ixion

Winning the Europa League, especially so soon after the terrorist attack in Manchester.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
EL under Jose.

LVG getting sacked and reading initial rumours about it on my way back from Wembley where we won the FA Cup. Incredibly harsh and poorly handled, but I thought that win might prolong the pain of his football, much like our current predicament. Win-win that day.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
When Liverpool beat us 3-1 in Mourinhos last game.

Delighted I was.

Ralaks

If talking pure ecstasy it is probably the away win in Paris 2019, little did we know back then of the 2½ year hangover to come

Flytan

Europa League trophy. Thought that was the start of something special. I thought we were signing Griezmann and it was going to be a good year.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Yeah Paris for me, as well.

I didn't really get that excited over the Europa League 2017. It was more relief than anything that we'd qualified for the CL.

Mourinho rolling around with his son on the ground? You've acheived the bare minimum to save your job, mate.

And holding up 3 fingers, counting the community shield as an actual trophy? feck off.

slored1

The night in Paris. I was gullible and started to fully believe in Ole :nervous: :nervous:

Tomuś

Nani is crap, I tell you!
FA Cup, Carabao, Europa.

Outside them:

Moyes: None

LvG: the little run we had when we were playing by far the best football since Fergie and trashed top teams.

Mourinho: Juve and City comeback away.

Ole: crazy PSG away night, maybe City counters away too.

It's sad typing that. 8 fecking years' worth.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Europa league in 2017. The FA cup the heat before was nice but it never felt we were building anything. In fact many felt Van Gaal would be sacked anyway, and it turns out he was.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
United related or football in general? Because Germany pasting Brazil 7-1 was wonderful.

If we're just talking about United then Ole's appointment as caretaker making me excited to watch United again is right up there. It had become an obligation under Moyes, LvG and Mourinho and one that wasn't enjoyable at all.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
FA Cup win.

Going behind, Pardew's dance, Smalling putting in an absolute disasterclass and going down to 10 men but still winning it in extra time.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
People putting manager sackings as their favourite moments is a perfect summary of how shite we’ve become

sizzling sausages

Thinks TBP is a soft tagline whore
Scout
Both have been soured in different ways since but watching Giggs and Ole manage us for the first time and winning was a pretty good feeling for someone who grew up idolizing both.

FatTails

Celebrating with his son after winning a trophy. What a twat!
That whole night was so fun. I don’t know how anyone doesn’t have it in their highlights but to each their own.

FatTails

Both have been soured in different ways since but watching Giggs and Ole manage us for the first time and winning was a pretty good feeling for someone who grew up idolizing both.
Give it Giggsy till the end of the season:drool:

Dansk

The 2017-18 season. The only time since Fergie's retirement that we actually came off like one of the big clubs. Placed 2nd in the league, reached the FA cup final, and we had just won the Europa League. Topped our CL group with a goal tally of 12-3 (although we then went out in the first kickout phase, admittedly). Lukaku scored 27 goals, which is more than any striker at United has done in one season since then. I was completely certain that we were back at the top, but then it promptly fell apart again the following season.

SER19

In isolation, winning in psg was a truly incredible night. Ole was riding a wave and facing adversity for the first time. Weakened team, classic win. Led to nothing of course

Shark

@NotShark
Probably winning the Europa League. Thought Mourinho was going to only go from strength to strength after that and deliver us a title.

Gopher Brown

The 1-5 against Cardiff when I suddenly remembered football doesn’t have to be boring

Rockets Redglare

It has to be the Paris game, I genuinely thought we were into something after that.

Also that photo of Fergie, Eric and Ole was great.