Music What are we listening to?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
The Strypes, Average age 16. Mental.

Gona be huge...
I really don't get what people see in them, beyond the novelty of Irish teenagers playing blues.

Supporting Arctic Monkeys so I fear I'll be hearing a lot more of them in the next few years.

Lynk

Obsessed with discrediting Danny Welbeck
The Strypes do nothing for me. Nothing original in their music or in their lyrics. They sound like a poor Rolling Stones rip off. And honestly, lads...take your shades off when you're in doors. You're not Mick Jagger, you're from probably the most dull county in Ireland.

Decotron

16 year olds producing their own music isn't original now?

Obvious they are heavily influenced by the Stones but to say theres nothing original about is just wrong. If people don't like them fair enough but surely you can see the potential there.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Got proper hooked on Grizzly Bear.

Finally got round to listening to Shields, at this point Yet Again is my favorite, but no doubt it'll change like when I listened to Yellow House.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

I'm loving this song and the retro vibe of the whole thing. Like something I'd have danced to back in the 1980's.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Been addicted to listening to this song lately.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Got proper hooked on Grizzly Bear.

Finally got round to listening to Shields, at this point Yet Again is my favorite, but no doubt it'll change like when I listened to Yellow House.

Yeah, several listens later and I'm now hooked on the last two tracks. Half Gate is just excellent.

[YouTube]tnYwcAM9wOM[/YouTube]

LoveInTheAsylum

i always think that main track from inception is the treatment this chorus deserved, but i've never looked up the chords.
the first numero group unwound reissue is almost out, though I'm only really excited for repetition & the first few albums to be remastered. i've bought a couple of numero's folk & soul releases in the past - the effort & care that goes into their presentation is great, well worth checking out to see if there's anything of interest.

Q80

Great beat, sexy babe who is just short of getting nailed in the clip.

Brophs

The One and Only
I've been revisiting my old Nick Cave albums of late and even though this isn't his best song, it's a good one to start with if you don't know much about him. In almost every one of his songs there's a lyric or turn of phrase that just grabs me over and over.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Listened to 3 or 4 of their songs, came in to post I thought they were good, the next 3 I put on, were pretty crap :/