Music What are we listening to?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
Threw on The Murder Capital's new album because it's been getting some good write-ups. It's pretty good!

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
The 1975 are my favourite punk band

Not as into this as I expected to be after the first thirty seconds but if they turn a load of high school kids onto noisy post-punk revival stuff from the mid-00s while getting them riled up about politics then they've done their job!

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Not as into this as I expected to be after the first thirty seconds but if they turn a load of high school kids onto noisy post-punk revival stuff from the mid-00s while getting them riled up about politics then they've done their job!
I hated them when they first broke through with their debut album. Thought they were just another indie-pop boyband having their 5 minutes in the spotlight, but their latest album really grabbed me, and I'd liked a couple of the tracks I'd heard off their second album, so I went back and basically they're my favourite band now. When this dropped today they just cemented to me what range they have. Saw them twice this year (600 mile round trip for the second one) and I'll definitely be jumping at the next financially viable opportunity to see them again. Gutted I didn't bite the bullet and get a day ticket for Reading or Leeds now.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
The 1975 are shaping up to be a pretty important band in pop culture. I really respect the fact they’re genreless as well. Teenage girls love them and so do cynical musos.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yeah

Few people remember this band, but I always liked them, and yello before they finally acheived success here with the race.
I remember them well. If you liked them and Yello, surely you must have also been into the Art of Noise? Loved that band as well. They did some great stuff in the 80s.

vidic blood & sand

I remember them well. If you liked them and Yello, surely you must have also been into the Art of Noise? Loved that band as well. They did some great stuff in the 80s.
Yesssss

Art of noise and Propaganda are linked being on Trevor Horn's label. Moments in love is a classic, and used at Madonna's wedding I believe when she married Sean Pen. Beat Box is awesome, and who can forget Paranomia with Max Headroom?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Yesssss

Art of noise and Propaganda are linked being on Trevor Horn's label. Moments in love is a classic, and used at Madonna's wedding I believe when she married Sean Pen. Beat Box is awesome, and who can forget Paranomia with Max Headroom?
Ah, a kindred spirit! :D Yeah I think Propaganda and Art of Noise were his big guns on ZTT...along with Frankie of course. I recommend the album 'Below the Waste' if you haven't heard it. You can't also forget Close to the Edit, Peter Gunn and Dragnet. But yeah I love Beat Box.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
The Art of Noise - Beat Box (Diversion One)

The Art of Noise - Beat Box (Wicked Mix)

Have downloaded the Wicked Mix to blast in the car tomorrow but think I still prefer Diversion One.

2cents

Historiographer, and obtainer of rare antiquities
Scout
Finally on Spotify, most underrated hip-hop album of the 90s

vidic blood & sand

The Art of Noise - Beat Box (Diversion One)

The Art of Noise - Beat Box (Wicked Mix)

Have downloaded the Wicked Mix to blast in the car tomorrow but think I still prefer Diversion One.
I like that wicked mix, but for me the rawness of the original is the one for me. Brings back memories of renting the breakdance movie nearly every week from radio rentals :lol: